Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

Started by mandydp6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VDB and Mandy... thanks a lot for your input. I feel a bit better about things! I just gotta have patience. My fingers are crossed!😎

My pleasure, the more positively you think, the more things will go your way. My fingers are crossed for you, too.
 
What are your stats?

Hi Mandy :]
My stats are not too great 🙁

cGPA: 3.10
sGPA: never calculated it.
PCAT: 48 :/ (my first time taking it and did not even study)
experience: 2.5 years in retail pharmacy, shadowing a hospital pharmacist, volunteer at hospital, and in several other organizations.

my first 2 years of college had many personal things going on and I am not trying to get my GPA higher.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Mandy :]
My stats are not too great 🙁

cGPA: 3.10
sGPA: never calculated it.
PCAT: 48 :/ (my first time taking it and did not even study)
experience: 2.5 years in retail pharmacy, shadowing a hospital pharmacist, volunteer at hospital, and in several other organizations.

my first 2 years of college had many personal things going on and I am not trying to get my GPA higher.

Well to be honest, your GPA is not bad, it's the PCAT that will hold up your invite. Did you retake it last weekend?
I only say this because I got a hold letter, not an interview invite when they had my first PCAT (43 composite).
 
Want to answer this for you...I received that same letter when I submitted my supplemental. It wasn't until after I re took the PCAT and they received the new scores that I was invited for an interview.
So, knowing your stats, I may be able to predict when you would get an invite.
What is your GPA and PCAT score, and did you re take it in October?


my cgpa is 2.97 and my pcat score is below 50%, but i just retook the one October. so i'm hoping i did better and will hear something good soon??
 
Last edited:
hey guys,

I've submitted my pharmcas on 10/03 and my gpa calculation on 10/18..but haven't heard or recieve anything from midwestern (supplement). I'm getting very nervous ....I was wondering is it because my pcat score is not out yet?
my stat:
cGPA 3.25
sGPA 3.56
pCAT: just took it last Saturday...
work exper: 1 month

do you guys see any hope for me to this school? bc im getting very scare by reading posts of students getting accepted to the school already
 
I also interviewed on 22nd and am still waiting to hear back. Hopefully the adcom meets up sometime soon to accept more students.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted so far! It was fun meeting everyone on friday and hopefully we all get in! 🙂
 
Oh great that's all I needed to see. Other people from the 22nd interview that have ALREADY seen there portal state that they are admitted. Of course mine still has no change from before my interview. I was looking forward to being able to relax for the next 2 weeks, but now I'm gonna be going crazy checking that portal, hoping that my status gets an upgrade to accepted. Congrats to those who got accepted. Hopefully I get some good news in the next couple days. UGH.......

Trust me, I know you feel... Mandy was in my group and got accepted in a week and a half! I had to wait all the way until this past Friday to find out that I was accepted. I think what they do is pick "the cream of crop" and then take a deeper look into their "Maybe, maybe not" files later on. I know when they decided to accept me, they had just finished the 2nd round of interviews so you still have a chance. Don't lose hope! I didn't! But it was definitely torture. Just try to relax... like someone else said, sometimes they don't make final decisions until near the end.
 
Hi Nina & Mandy, I interviewed on Oct. 4th and also found out I got accepted on Friday!! I am so excited! I was the tall girl with long brown hair from Scottsdale who sat at your table, Mandy. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!
 
Hi Nina & Mandy, I interviewed on Oct. 4th and also found out I got accepted on Friday!! I am so excited! I was the tall girl with long brown hair from Scottsdale who sat at your table, Mandy. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!

Oh congrats, girl! Yes, of course I remember my other Scottsdale counterpart 🙂 Glad you decided to hop on the SDN bandwagon!
Will you be attending?
 
Hey did anyone else who interviewed on Oct 4th get accepted besides Mandy and Pharmlen?

I'm not sure who Pharmlen was...but "azpharm" was also accepted from the October 4th interview. She was the other girl sitting at my table. She also told me that she talked to another girl that interviewed that day that was accepted too. So, that makes 6 people for sure...if pharmlen was in fact admitted. I haven't seen he/she post in this thread that they were accepted.
 
hey guys,

I've submitted my pharmcas on 10/03 and my gpa calculation on 10/18..but haven't heard or recieve anything from midwestern (supplement). I'm getting very nervous ....I was wondering is it because my pcat score is not out yet?
my stat:
cGPA 3.25
sGPA 3.56
pCAT: just took it last Saturday...
work exper: 1 month

do you guys see any hope for me to this school? bc im getting very scare by reading posts of students getting accepted to the school already

Midwestern does not consider your application "complete" until you have PCAT scores.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too, I paid like the next day...LOL. I'm already working on all my immunizations/titers because I work at a hospital so it's free! I'm so ready for June!!!!!

Yayyy!!! We're family!!!!
congrat mandy, so u know for sure u'll be attending this school and declining other invites?
 
I'm not sure who Pharmlen was...but "azpharm" was also accepted from the October 4th interview. She was the other girl sitting at my table. She also told me that she talked to another girl that interviewed that day that was accepted too. So, that makes 6 people for sure...if pharmlen was in fact admitted. I haven't seen he/she post in this thread that they were accepted.


I interviewed October 1st, and have not yet been admitted. I am kind of going crazy about it too...........UGH.
 
I'm not sure who Pharmlen was...but "azpharm" was also accepted from the October 4th interview. She was the other girl sitting at my table. She also told me that she talked to another girl that interviewed that day that was accepted too. So, that makes 6 people for sure...if pharmlen was in fact admitted. I haven't seen he/she post in this thread that they were accepted.


Oh yes, it WAS azpharm. >< Sorry pharmlen. You know, you could probably call if you wanted to find out your status... that's what I did on Friday. It was getting me really anxious too. Congrats KC! Yay!
 
congrat mandy, so u know for sure u'll be attending this school and declining other invites?

Yup! I declined all 4 of my other interview invitations. Guess I spent a lot of unnecessary time and money on those other applications, but I really wasn't extremely confident so I wanted to increase my chances in every way I could. I would have been honored to attend every school that I applied to, but the opportunity to stay local was just something I couldn't pass up!
On the other hand, knowing that I got the opportunity to at least interview at every school I applied to has immensely boosted my confidence level and made me realize I don't need to be so hard on myself all the time. I need to take my own advice and just be proud!
 
Yup! I declined all 4 of my other interview invitations. Guess I spent a lot of unnecessary time and money on those other applications, but I really wasn't extremely confident so I wanted to increase my chances in every way I could. I would have been honored to attend every school that I applied to, but the opportunity to stay local was just something I couldn't pass up!
On the other hand, knowing that I got the opportunity to at least interview at every school I applied to has immensely boosted my confidence level and made me realize I don't need to be so hard on myself all the time. I need to take my own advice and just be proud!

👍
 
Yup! I declined all 4 of my other interview invitations. Guess I spent a lot of unnecessary time and money on those other applications, but I really wasn't extremely confident so I wanted to increase my chances in every way I could. I would have been honored to attend every school that I applied to, but the opportunity to stay local was just something I couldn't pass up!
On the other hand, knowing that I got the opportunity to at least interview at every school I applied to has immensely boosted my confidence level and made me realize I don't need to be so hard on myself all the time. I need to take my own advice and just be proud!


Also, 👍
 
Hi everyone! I am new to SDN. I am very excited about my interview next month. Is there anyone else interviewing in November?
 
Man I wish they were consistent with what they said. I just hope I get to find out soon! I interviewed last friday on the 22nd, and I'm waiting anxiously. I hope I get in!!! Has anyone been rejected or put as an alternate yet? Also, does anyone know how many spots they have left?
 
I just found out that MWU called me at 10:41 this morning, but I was sleeping at the library. IT'S OFFICIAL, I GOT ACCEPTED! WOOOOOO!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
 
Hey guys, I interviewed on the 22nd. I didn't get the accepted student checklist while several people did have an update that same day but i just checked it now and it's updated. so if you didn't see the checklist yet, it could have been changed by now! good luck everyone!
 
Yeah I just got accepted....it's kind of a surreal feeling lol. Man I guess I'll be seeing most of you in June! Let me know if any of you need roommates for on campus housing lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on the 22nd and I just got the call as well!! I am officially in!! I can barely type right now my hands are shaking! Congrats to everyone who got in and keep your chin up if you haven't heard back yet. I was the lone person from NY on the 22nd interview... and I am looking forward to building relationships with everyone!🙂🙂🙂
 
I interviewed on the 22nd and I just got the call as well!! I am officially in!! I can barely type right now my hands are shaking! Congrats to everyone who got in and keep your chin up if you haven't heard back yet. I was the lone person from NY on the 22nd interview... and I am looking forward to building relationships with everyone!🙂🙂🙂

yeah, I just got the call about an hour ago. I think we were in the same interview group! You must be the furniture moving guy :laugh:
 
I just called in to check the status of my application and they haven't made a decision yet. I interviewed on 10/22 if that makes anyone out there feel any better! Midwestern is my top choice so I am really hoping to hear back sometime soon.
 
Congrats again to all! I received the telephone call this morning as well and now it finally seems real =]. Best of luck to everyone still trying and I hope to see all of you guys this coming June!!!!!
 
haha why yes I am! Is this Toan? (sorry if I misspelled) Congrats to you!!!🙂

yep that's me. I guess we'll be classmates in june if we both choose to go here 😎 I would love to see as many people from the Oct 22 interview date accepted as possible.
 
I interviewed on the 22nd and I just got the call as well!! I am officially in!! I can barely type right now my hands are shaking! Congrats to everyone who got in and keep your chin up if you haven't heard back yet. I was the lone person from NY on the 22nd interview... and I am looking forward to building relationships with everyone!🙂🙂🙂
Hey!!! I got in too! I'm the one that kept asking about coffee at the hotel!! Congratulations =)
 
Hello JM30W, I'm guessing your Jen. if you are,congrats! I decided to join this thing, since i'm starring at it ne ways. I have not gotten any replies 🙁 but i will keep checking. I hope to start school with you...
 
Hello JM30W, I'm guessing your Jen. if you are,congrats! I decided to join this thing, since i'm starring at it ne ways. I have not gotten any replies 🙁 but i will keep checking. I hope to start school with you...
Hey it is me! We're you in my interview group? If you're who i think you are I hope you start school with me too:xf:! I really enjoyed your company during the interview day.
 
Hey!!! I got in too! I'm the one that kept asking about coffee at the hotel!! Congratulations =)


Ohhh haahah yeah you loved that hotel coffee didn't you!? Congrats to you as well! This is so exciting!!

And Toan, it would be awesome to see a bunch of us there in June.

BTW, does anyone here know if the matriculation agreement is due the same date as the deposit? I have no problem laying down the deposit but there is no set due date for the matriculation agreement that I saw. I would love to go here, but I want to see my financial aid package first to make sure I can go. Would this school make us ink in 100% that we are going before we see how much aid/scholarships etc. we get?


Thanks
 
Ohhh haahah yeah you loved that hotel coffee didn't you!? Congrats to you as well! This is so exciting!!

And Toan, it would be awesome to see a bunch of us there in June.

BTW, does anyone here know if the matriculation agreement is due the same date as the deposit? I have no problem laying down the deposit but there is no set due date for the matriculation agreement that I saw. I would love to go here, but I want to see my financial aid package first to make sure I can go. Would this school make us ink in 100% that we are going before we see how much aid/scholarships etc. we get?


Thanks
I'm wondering the same thing right now.
 
Ohhh haahah yeah you loved that hotel coffee didn't you!? Congrats to you as well! This is so exciting!!

And Toan, it would be awesome to see a bunch of us there in June.

BTW, does anyone here know if the matriculation agreement is due the same date as the deposit? I have no problem laying down the deposit but there is no set due date for the matriculation agreement that I saw. I would love to go here, but I want to see my financial aid package first to make sure I can go. Would this school make us ink in 100% that we are going before we see how much aid/scholarships etc. we get?


Thanks
Whenever I opened the matriculation agreement it prompted me to pay by credit card upon completion so I am guessing it is due the same time =]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ohhh haahah yeah you loved that hotel coffee didn't you!? Congrats to you as well! This is so exciting!!

And Toan, it would be awesome to see a bunch of us there in June.

BTW, does anyone here know if the matriculation agreement is due the same date as the deposit? I have no problem laying down the deposit but there is no set due date for the matriculation agreement that I saw. I would love to go here, but I want to see my financial aid package first to make sure I can go. Would this school make us ink in 100% that we are going before we see how much aid/scholarships etc. we get?


Thanks

Definitely a question for admissions. I don't recall if I could pay the deposit without signing the agreement. I think they go hand-in-hand with holding your seat in the class. If you decide later on not to attend, you will just be out $1000. Again, I would confirm with admissions.
 
Whenever I opened the matriculation agreement it prompted me to pay by credit card upon completion so I am guessing it is due the same time =]


Well it appears there are separate payment tabs for the matriculation agreement and the deposit. There is a "pay by credit card" tab for each of them, so I believe they may be separate. I would imagine it would be tough for the school to expect our tuition payment before we see how much aid we get. I'm not sure though.


-Greg
 
I'm so glad to hear that so many of you guys got the call too! This is the first time I'm going to be living on my own (and in a different state), so I hope to be able to get to know you all personally.

Would anyone like to keep in touch until next June? 😳
 
Well it appears there are separate payment tabs for the matriculation agreement and the deposit. There is a "pay by credit card" tab for each of them, so I believe they may be separate. I would imagine it would be tough for the school to expect our tuition payment before we see how much aid we get. I'm not sure though.


-Greg

Greg, the matriculation payment and deposit are the same thing. I just paid for mine through the matriculation agreement and it was $1000 and not the tuition charge.
 
Greg, the matriculation payment and deposit are the same thing. I just paid for mine through the matriculation agreement and it was $1000 and not the tuition charge.


Ah really!? That is good news. I was not able to conclude that when I was looking at it lol. Thanks so much! So if I don't end up receiving enough financial aid I will end up with the lost deposit, but not lost tuition. Alright that makes sense. Thanks again!


-Greg