Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

Started by mandydp6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Be prepared - practice those questions, not in your head, but out loud whether in front of the mirror, with an advisor or friend, or in a mock interview. Keep your answers brief, but actually say something relevant. Get feedback.

Be yourself - genuineness is powerful. The interviewers for me were very interested in what we had to say. I almost choked up and took a second to collect myself, but they were very understanding. It's like they're secretly rooting for everyone, so just make sure you convey your values, your motivation for pharmacy and MWU.

That's my experience and I had fun that day. :laugh:

Like. 👍
 
Be prepared - practice those questions, not in your head, but out loud whether in front of the mirror, with an advisor or friend, or in a mock interview. Keep your answers brief, but actually say something relevant. Get feedback.

Be yourself - genuineness is powerful. The interviewers for me were very interested in what we had to say. I almost choked up and took a second to collect myself, but they were very understanding. It's like they're secretly rooting for everyone, so just make sure you convey your values, your motivation for pharmacy and MWU.

That's my experience and I had fun that day. :laugh:

Speaking of "choking", I thought I did choke...really bad on one question...and I really wasn't all that confident when I left the interview that day. But after thinking about it more, I realized all the other questions I handled pretty well and there were like 7 questions total. So 6 out of 7 ain't bad...ha.

Anyway, I can't stress enough to everyone how helpful the interview feedback forum was. I know you all have heard it a thousand times, but when it came down to it, not one of the questions they asked weren't on there. They may put their own twist on them, but as long as you have an idea of what you will discuss regarding those specific questions, you will do well.

I was super nervous, and so was everyone else (I think)...and that's normal. Don't think that's going to be a show-stopper for you, unless it gets so bad to where it's affecting your ability to communicate.
Practicing how you will answer the interview questions will immensely decrease your nervousness on interview day...at least it did for me.
 
Speaking of "choking", I thought I did choke...really bad on one question...and I really wasn't all that confident when I left the interview that day. But after thinking about it more, I realized all the other questions I handled pretty well and there were like 7 questions total. So 6 out of 7 ain't bad...ha.

Anyway, I can't stress enough to everyone how helpful the interview feedback forum was. I know you all have heard it a thousand times, but when it came down to it, not one of the questions they asked weren't on there. They may put their own twist on them, but as long as you have an idea of what you will discuss regarding those specific questions, you will do well.

I was super nervous, and so was everyone else (I think)...and that's normal. Don't think that's going to be a show-stopper for you, unless it gets so bad to where it's affecting your ability to communicate.
Practicing how you will answer the interview questions will immensely decrease your nervousness on interview day...at least it did for me.


Sound advice!👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Considering the character limit in Pharmcas is around 4500, you can't really exceed a page anyway. But being mindful of the fact that these folks read tons of PS, it would probably be a good idea to be succinct.

But what do I know, my pharmcas hasn't even sent out my stupid package yet.😡


at least they calculated your gpa within 2 weeks, they havent calculated mines yet, 🙁
ughhh, (i know it does take about 5 weeks to calculate it, though). I am hoping they calculate it by next week and send it out by the first twos week of november, I really want to hear from them if I'll even meet the requirements & get a supplemental application. :xf:
 
They finally calculated my GPA, now I just have to wait for them to send it out & see if I get an supplemental application from MWU. :xf:
 
They finally calculated my GPA, now I just have to wait for them to send it out & see if I get an supplemental application from MWU. :xf:

:laugh:
Hurrah ! Yours should mail out on Monday with mine. Hopefully we will have more good news next week !
Hey admittees- what kind of timeline is there between Pharmcas mailing, supplemental portals opening and interview or hold letters ?
 
:laugh:
Hurrah ! Yours should mail out on Monday with mine. Hopefully we will have more good news next week !
Hey admittees- what kind of timeline is there between Pharmcas mailing, supplemental portals opening and interview or hold letters ?


Let's see, after my pharmcas mailed out my applications, it took about a week for my to get the supplemental, after submitting the supplemental, a couple days later they asked me for my PCAT scores (since I forgot to put in my pcat ID to pharmcas, it wasn't submitted officially), and then offered me an interview the same day I told them my score. The interview was 4 days after I was offered the interview so I didn't have much time to prepare. Honestly, the whole process after submitting my supplemental to acceptance was less than a month. I think that's why it was so surreal for me. Took 3 years to get to this point but the actual application process to acceptance happened a lot faster than I thought.
 
If MWU is your top choice or you are planning to attend next year, join us on Facebook! I'm serious about getting to know everyone 😀
 
I was wondering if your pharmCAS GPA was the same GPA you had on your transcript or was it different?
 
I was wondering if your pharmCAS GPA was the same GPA you had on your transcript or was it different?

Different. PharmCAS does not take into account classes that were retaken...it calculates EVERYTHING....bad or good. If you earned a grade in a class, it is factored in no matter what.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Creighton has already emailed me my supplemental info this morning, so apparently my application went out this morning. What timeline does MWG have for this ? Will they wait for the physical application to arrive or will they email me sometime this week?
One of my LOR hasn't arrived yet, so I assume i won't get an invite til it has arrived and been processed, but does the supplemental stuff get held up until then as well ?
Thanks guys :xf:

Rxlia, have you heard from MWG ? I think we both "mailed" today.
 
Creighton has already emailed me my supplemental info this morning, so apparently my application went out this morning. What timeline does MWG have for this ? Will they wait for the physical application to arrive or will they email me sometime this week?
One of my LOR hasn't arrived yet, so I assume i won't get an invite til it has arrived and been processed, but does the supplemental stuff get held up until then as well ?
Thanks guys :xf:

Rxlia, have you heard from MWG ? I think we both "mailed" today.

A "physical" application never arrives...it's only electronic. Once your PharmCAS says "mailed", you should get a email about the supplemental from MWU. However, they will not consider your application complete until both required LORs come in so you wouldn't hear anything about an interview or being put on hold until then.
 
Hey amanda, did you send in your transcript already?

Yes sir! I will just need to send one more after this semester since I'm still taking two of their pre reqs - physics and statistics. It took them about a week to update my checklist after they received them though. Then again, I have transcripts from 9 different schools...lol
 
A "physical" application never arrives...it's only electronic. Once your PharmCAS says "mailed", you should get a email about the supplemental from MWU. However, they will not consider your application complete until both required LORs come in so you wouldn't hear anything about an interview or being put on hold until then.

Dang, dang, dang ! 😡
Well, I kind of figured that was the case, but I was hoping it wasn't.
Thanks Mandyp6.
 
Creighton has already emailed me my supplemental info this morning, so apparently my application went out this morning. What timeline does MWG have for this ? Will they wait for the physical application to arrive or will they email me sometime this week?
One of my LOR hasn't arrived yet, so I assume i won't get an invite til it has arrived and been processed, but does the supplemental stuff get held up until then as well ?
Thanks guys :xf:

Rxlia, have you heard from MWG ? I think we both "mailed" today.




hi pharmassist,

they did not "mail" my pharmcas application out, yet 🙁
sighhhhs, i wonder why they havent.
you're also applying for creighton? i havent turned in the supplemental application, yet. i should pay for it sometime this week.
 
hi pharmassist,

they did not "mail" my pharmcas application out, yet 🙁
sighhhhs, i wonder why they havent.
you're also applying for creighton? i havent turned in the supplemental application, yet. i should pay for it sometime this week.

I wonder why? You had your transcripts verified already right? And do they have PCATs on file for you? I am still missing one of my LOR so I know that doesn't hold it up on Pharmcas' end.
Perhaps they are just sadistic and like to make us t-w-i-s-t in the wind...
😱
Are you trying Creighton as well? That was my first clue, I got their email at 9:30 this am. But I am getting cold feet on them, I would have to take more A & P, no prob, but also full calc- problem....
Good luck, perhaps yours will go out later tonight.
 
sad day 🙁

Not everyone from the October 21st and 22nd interviews has had a decison made on them yet. Some of the October 1st and 4th interviewees received word a week or two later than others, so there's definitely still hope.
Have you called them? They will tell you your status if you call.
 
hi pharmassist,

they did not "mail" my pharmcas application out, yet 🙁
sighhhhs, i wonder why they havent.
you're also applying for creighton? i havent turned in the supplemental application, yet. i should pay for it sometime this week.

In case you all haven't noticed yet, I am a big fan of calling people...so call PharmCAS!!! The way I saw it was I'm the only one that was going to stay on top of my application...nobody else. I didn't want any hiccups along the road, so by calling and making sure everything was ok from my end, I didn't have much to worry about.
At least by calling you could make sure there's nothing missing in your app, and ask them why the hell they're taking so long. LOL...just kidding...don't ask that...just ask if you could get an estimate of when your app will get mailed out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder why? You had your transcripts verified already right? And do they have PCATs on file for you? I am still missing one of my LOR so I know that doesn't hold it up on Pharmcas' end.
Perhaps they are just sadistic and like to make us t-w-i-s-t in the wind...
😱
Are you trying Creighton as well? That was my first clue, I got their email at 9:30 this am. But I am getting cold feet on them, I would have to take more A & P, no prob, but also full calc- problem....
Good luck, perhaps yours will go out later tonight.

Yea im all done with my application, i had my LORS & PCAT since september. ugh, what an annoyance.

yeah i am applying to creighton, as well. What was the email about? I still havent done calculus. Thanks, I hope they'll mail it out if not soon enough.
 
In case you all haven't noticed yet, I am a big fan of calling people...so call PharmCAS!!! The way I saw it was I'm the only one that was going to stay on top of my application...nobody else. I didn't want any hiccups along the road, so by calling and making sure everything was ok from my end, I didn't have much to worry about.
At least by calling you could make sure there's nothing missing in your app, and ask them why the hell they're taking so long. LOL...just kidding...don't ask that...just ask if you could get an estimate of when your app will get mailed out.


I also call them non-stop, but everysingle time I call them, they seem to be so rude to me and they always seem annoyed when they answer their calls. 😕
but I will definitely call them just to see what is going on. Thanks for the heads up! 🙂
 
Yea im all done with my application, i had my LORS & PCAT since september. ugh, what an annoyance.

yeah i am applying to creighton, as well. What was the email about? I still havent done calculus. Thanks, I hope they'll mail it out if not soon enough.

The email from Creighton was the link to creating an account and working on your supplemental.
I got the Midwestern email today, stating I met the criteria and providing a link to work on my supplemental. They do note one of my LOR has not arrived yet, but I guess they will let me start without it.
So now all I have to do is decide if I want to pursue Creighton, write more essays and figure out where in tarnation my second LOR went.😱
 
The email from Creighton was the link to creating an account and working on your supplemental.
I got the Midwestern email today, stating I met the criteria and providing a link to work on my supplemental. They do note one of my LOR has not arrived yet, but I guess they will let me start without it.
So now all I have to do is decide if I want to pursue Creighton, write more essays and figure out where in tarnation my second LOR went.😱

wow, they responded quickly! Hopefully, when the LOR gets submitted you will be able to get an interview. I am impatiently waiting for them to send out my PharmCAS application. Good Luck 😀
 
wow, they responded quickly! Hopefully, when the LOR gets submitted you will be able to get an interview. I am impatiently waiting for them to send out my PharmCAS application. Good Luck 😀

Thanks, good luck to you too !. 👍
I finally just asked a different person to do another LOR since there is the mysterious hold up on the other one( actually just an overextended DOP who hasn't had the time). So hopefully that hole will be plugged soon. 😎
 
Thanks, good luck to you too !. 👍
I finally just asked a different person to do another LOR since there is the mysterious hold up on the other one( actually just an overextended DOP who hasn't had the time). So hopefully that hole will be plugged soon. 😎

Who did you ask for your LOR? did you get only two people?
I called pharmCAS and they said they will mail out my application next week. Did you finish the supplemental for Creighton and MWU? 🙂
 
when you send your transcripts to MWU, is the address the same as the Office of Admissions?

Yes ma'am! Something I'm wondering now, though, is will we have to do the academic update thing with pharmCAS at the end of this semester or do we only send everything to Midwestern from now on? I'll probably call about that this month 🙂
 
Yes ma'am! Something I'm wondering now, though, is will we have to do the academic update thing with pharmCAS at the end of this semester or do we only send everything to Midwestern from now on? I'll probably call about that this month 🙂

You are so proactive Amanda! :laugh: I'm curious about that as well.

Did you guys get all of your immunizations already? I feel like I may be missing one or two.. what's the cheapest option?
 
You are so proactive Amanda! :laugh: I'm curious about that as well.

Did you guys get all of your immunizations already? I feel like I may be missing one or two.. what's the cheapest option?

hmm yeah i don't know about PharmCAS transcripts...let us know amanda. i would think that it wouldn't matter as now we just have to send everything directly to MWU.
about immunizations, i have them done..just need the titers. i remember i had to get them done a couple of years ago and it cost me about $200 😡
MWU has some discounted prices for that for students and they also say to wait until you get to the campus to get those discounted rates as you have to go to Student Services office for that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are so proactive Amanda! :laugh: I'm curious about that as well.

Did you guys get all of your immunizations already? I feel like I may be missing one or two.. what's the cheapest option?

Well the cheapest option for me was....ummmm....FREEEEEE!!! hahaha....since I work at a hospital I didn't have to pay. I already had all the immunizations from being in the military though so all I needed were the titers. But like our buddy mentioned above, I remember reading you can wait until school starts and go through the service they use...I don't know how "discounted" that will be though.
 
Hey guys, I've been looking around here for a while and finally registered. I just received a letter from Midwestern saying I'm on their waiting list. I'm not really sure how those work. What should I be expecting and do I still have a chance to get in?
 
Hey guys, I've been looking around here for a while and finally registered. I just received a letter from Midwestern saying I'm on their waiting list. I'm not really sure how those work. What should I be expecting and do I still have a chance to get in?


You still have a chance depending on where you are on that list. Spots will eventually open up once people start declining the acceptances. Not much else you can do at this time.