Midwestern University DVM 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still waitlisted for an interview as well. Just sitting over here hoping and praying for an interview...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Patiently waiting for April...! Hope the waitlist starts to move soon!

I was accepted to MWU and actually accepted/paid my deposit but just received a different acceptance and now i'm having second thoughts... any current MWU students / those making decisions that might be able to help?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have a question for accepted and/or current students... once you were accepted did any of you take another tour of the school to show your parents?!

My mom really wants to check out the school and I also want her to see what she will be helping me pay for, but normally I guess they have your counselor take you on a tour. On the date that my mom and I can go out, my counselor is out of town so they suggested that I just join the second half of the interview tour so that she can see the clinic and everything. I'm nervous about joining the interview group but I don't know if I should be or not?! What do you guys think? Also, if we do end up doing that I feel like we need to dress somewhat nicely right?!

I had my interview yesterday and I have to say, Midwestern REALLY impressed me with their facilities. The tech they have is amazing, and they have so many opportunities even in your first year to start working with animals and to gain skills. The interview was pretty relaxed, not as relaxed as everyone says in my opinion but maybe its just because I got nervous and stumbled a little bit over a few questions. But overall, a nice day with very nice people.

Do you remember if they asked you behavioral based questions like at other vet schools? I can't find anything online!

Does anyone know what kinds of questions they ask during the interview? Mine is coming up next week! Is it a lot of behavioral based questions like at other vet schools?

Does anyone know what kinds of questions they ask during the interview? Mine is coming up next week! Is it a lot of behavioral based questions like at other vet schools?
I was asked "what if" questions regarding small animals and legality which I didn't like considering all my experience was large animal/equine and they have that information in front of them

So I have a question for accepted and/or current students... once you were accepted did any of you take another tour of the school to show your parents?!

My mom really wants to check out the school and I also want her to see what she will be helping me pay for, but normally I guess they have your counselor take you on a tour. On the date that my mom and I can go out, my counselor is out of town so they suggested that I just join the second half of the interview tour so that she can see the clinic and everything. I'm nervous about joining the interview group but I don't know if I should be or not?! What do you guys think? Also, if we do end up doing that I feel like we need to dress somewhat nicely right?!

I wouldn't be nervous about joining the interview group if they said it would be okay. If you want extra confirmation, maybe email Dr. Gartrell? She is the dean that usually gives the tour at the clinic. And I think if you plan on joining the interview group definitely wear something nice. You should be okay just walking around the campus by yourself. You won't be able to get into buildings unless there are students around to let you in with an ID badge (next week is spring break, so if that is when you are going it might be tough). I visited the campus two times before school started, once with my grandparents and another with my boyfriend. Midwestern was in the process of building our buildings so I was always excited to check out the progress. Congrats again on being accepted! I hope it works out and your mom is able to get a tour, I'm sure she will be blown away by the campus and teaching hospital!

Reactions: 1 user
I've been accepted to MWU and I'm planning on attending. I have a quarter left to finish my undergrad and I had to change 2 courses due to scheduling conflicts. Does anyone know if I need to notify admissions? All of my courses still meet their prerequisites. And I can't find any information online. Please Help!

I've been accepted to MWU and I'm planning on attending. I have a quarter left to finish my undergrad and I had to change 2 courses due to scheduling conflicts. Does anyone know if I need to notify admissions? All of my courses still meet their prerequisites. And I can't find any information online. Please Help!
I would say if you are unsure just call and ask. It can't hurt! :)

I will be declining my acceptance as I just got accepted to my in-state school (TAMU). Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
I'm waitlisted for an interview as well. I called and spoke to admissions a couple of weeks ago they said most likely it will not be until april that they start pulling off that list. :((

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
By a show of hands (or posts haha) how many of you guys are here are on the post-interview alternate list like me?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm waitlisted for an interview as well. I called and spoke to admissions a couple of weeks ago they said most likely it will not be until april that they start pulling off that list. :((

Thanks for calling! But jeez...April?!! :arghh:

Hey guys, I gave up my interview spot for tomorrow at Midwestern. It was such a hard decision but I couldn't feasibly make it down there. I would call and ask if you guys are on the waitlist still because Inwas told tomorrow is the last interview date.

Hey guys, I gave up my interview spot for tomorrow at Midwestern. It was such a hard decision but I couldn't feasibly make it down there. I would call and ask if you guys are on the waitlist still because Inwas told tomorrow is the last interview date.
What? They told you that? :(

I'm on the interview waitlist so no.
I'm sorry, I thought you meant you had already interviewed and were waitlisted for admission.

They will probably pull from the interview waitlist after everyone they already offered admission to makes their final decision April 15th/17th. That is what happened based on last year's thread. I'm not sure if they will offer some alternates admission first or not though?

Sorry to confirm for everyone else who is also waitlisted for an interview but today was the last interview date. :(

Sorry to confirm for everyone else who is also waitlisted for an interview but today was the last interview date. :(
Hey guys I wouldn't give up hope just yet. When I spoke to admissions a couple of weeks back they stated they would finish the last round of interviews for the cycle in march. After the April date depending on the amount of accepted spots (if any are left) they will start calling people for interviews off the waitlists.

Is there a Facebook page for the c/o 2021? And if so, how could I get invited to that? I haven't officially accepted there yet or anything, but I think being a part of it may be helpful!

Is there a Facebook page for the c/o 2021? And if so, how could I get invited to that? I haven't officially accepted there yet or anything, but I think being a part of it may be helpful!

Look back to page 10/11..the links were posted by the 2020 class president!

So does that mean that we are pretty much rejected? :(:(:(:arghh:
Dont give up hope! I know current students who were interviewed in the summer and were accepted! Midwestern moves through its waitlist pretty quickly too because so many students end up accepting other schools. Good luck and keep your head up!

Hey guys! I will be declining my offer for another school. Breaking my soul a little because I LOVED the school and program and Arizona is my favorite state. I'm excited to give someone waiting this spot though!

Congrats!!! Thanks for opening one up!! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I will be declining my offer for another school. Breaking my soul a little because I LOVED the school and program and Arizona is my favorite state. I'm excited to give someone waiting this spot though!

Thanks! Also Congrats, where are you goin?

Ditto on all of this! Will be giving up my spot as soon as I pay my Tufts deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users

Ditto on all of this! Will be giving up my spot as soon as I pay my Tufts deposit.

Congratulations to you both and thank you for opening up a few more spots for those of us on the alternate list or waitlist for interviews! I hope you both enjoy your schools! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3/1/17- just received my acceptance call! Heads up to all of you still waiting to hear back! Best wishes!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed on 2/20 and about a week later had my portal homepage updated to show an "Accepted Student Checklist" and just today received an e-mail about MWU's newspaper "Vital Signs" in which they ended their e-mail with "We look forward to welcoming you to the College of Veterinary Medicine in 2017". I'm sooo confused as to whether I have been accepted or not!? Reaching out to admissions at the moment, but was wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

Interviewed on 2/20 and about a week later had my portal homepage updated to show an "Accepted Student Checklist" and just today received an e-mail about MWU's newspaper "Vital Signs" in which they ended their e-mail with "We look forward to welcoming you to the College of Veterinary Medicine in 2017". I'm sooo confused as to whether I have been accepted or not!? Reaching out to admissions at the moment, but was wondering if this is happening to anyone else?
If you have the Accepted Checklist (and not just the applicant checklist) it means you were accepted to Midwestern!

Congrats! :)

Interviewed 3/1/17- just received my acceptance call! Heads up to all of you still waiting to hear back! Best wishes!
Congratulations!!!

Did they tell you when the committee was going to meet to make decisions for your group? I had my interview on 3/3/17 and they said they were meeting on the week of the 13th. So I was just wondering how quickly they get back to you.

I interviewed on 3/1 and received my acceptance call/email today too!

Already sent in my deposit. So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations!!!

Did they tell you when the committee was going to meet to make decisions for your group? I had my interview on 3/3/17 and they said they were meeting on the week of the 13th. So I was just wondering how quickly they get back to you.

Thank you! I was also told the week of the 13th. I was very surprised to hear back today. So, it's quite possible you may hear earlier! Good luck!