Midwestern University DVM 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I'm likely way too early since I just interviewed last week. But for those of you that had changes on your portal on Tuesdays, around what time of day did you notice that change? I'm just interested for the next few Tuesdays. Thanks!

I live on the east coast and I saw a change around 7 PM our time, which I guess would be around 4 their time?
 
@everybody who interviewed ~2 weeks ago...
I'm assuming nobody else has news since this thread has been quiet. I really need to stop refreshing my portal lol, but am seriously hoping they update before the Holiday break. Has anybody heard anything?
 
@everybody who interviewed ~2 weeks ago...
I'm assuming nobody else has news since this thread has been quiet. I really need to stop refreshing my portal lol, but am seriously hoping they update before the Holiday break. Has anybody heard anything?
I don't have any changes in my portal either. I know they didn't have classes last week or this week, so maybe they weren't having meetings either. I'm hoping we hear from them early next week (if people have been hearing on Tuesdays).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@everybody who interviewed ~2 weeks ago...
I'm assuming nobody else has news since this thread has been quiet. I really need to stop refreshing my portal lol, but am seriously hoping they update before the Holiday break. Has anybody heard anything?

I called them, and they did not meet this week because of thanksgiving. They are set to meet this Monday, the 28. If everything holds true like in past years, we will find out on Tuesday, 29th. Enjoy thanksgiving; we won't find out anything this week.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
@poultryguy123 When did you interview? If after 11/9 I bet they won't post it until after the holiday, so way easier said than done but be patient 😉. Mine literally just went up- I've been checking like a maniac haha.
 
@poultryguy123 When did you interview? If after 11/9 I bet they won't post it until after the holiday, so way easier said than done but be patient 😉. Mine literally just went up- I've been checking like a maniac haha.

Interviewed 11/8...I'm stressing. I'll keep checking; hopefully an update is on the way.

Congrats y'all!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 11/9 and my portal didn't change. Aaaaand my anxiety is through the roof again 😛
However, my last name begins with S. Out of curiosity, those that were accepted that interviewed that day, what letter does your last name start with? I'm wondering if they are going alphabetically.
 
Interviewed 11/9 and my portal didn't change. Aaaaand my anxiety is through the roof again 😛
However, my last name begins with S. Out of curiosity, those that were accepted that interviewed that day, what letter does your last name start with? I'm wondering if they are going alphabetically.
Don't worry!!! It seems to be totally random- the same thing happened to me with the last round of acceptances and I found out a week or two later that I was accepted.
 
Interviewed 11/9 and my portal didn't change. Aaaaand my anxiety is through the roof again 😛
However, my last name begins with S. Out of curiosity, those that were accepted that interviewed that day, what letter does your last name start with? I'm wondering if they are going alphabetically.

Was also in the same boat and got good news a few weeks later. I still have no clue what order they go over people in. You can always call (as I write this on a holiday weekend lol) but the people in admissions are super friendly and can look up your status for you. Good luck!!!

Also- your username made me LOL! Pokemon nerd here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was also in the same boat and got good news a few weeks later. I still have no clue what order they go over people in. You can always call (as I write this on a holiday weekend lol) but the people in admissions are super friendly and can look up your status for you. Good luck!!!

Also- your username made me LOL! Pokemon nerd here.

Thank you! That is good to know! I guess if I don't hear this week I may have to cave in and give them a call.

And thanks! Good to know there are fellow pokemon nerds out there 🙂
 
Has anyone gotten a rejection email/call from the 11/8 interview group? I haven't had my portal changed yet and I am not sure if I have been rejected or if they have yet to get to my file.
 
Has anyone gotten a rejection email/call from the 11/8 interview group? I haven't had my portal changed yet and I am not sure if I have been rejected or if they have yet to get to my file.

Hey! I interviewed 11/9 and didn't have a portal change yet. If you look a few posts above, you can see some fellow applicants answered our question. I guess the order they do is totally random and it can take them a while to get through one group of interviewers. So don't sweat it! Hopefully we will hear tomorrow.
 
For those of you who are on the waitlist to interview does your applicant check-list pop up? Absolutely nothing is on my portal!
 
For those of you who are on the waitlist to interview does your applicant check-list pop up? Absolutely nothing is on my portal!

I am waitlisted for an interview and this is what my applicant checklist page looks like 🙂
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2016-11-29-08-10-49.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-29-08-10-49.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 220
So if we see accepted student checklist we are in? I think that is what everyone says but I don't want to celebrate too early.
 
So if we see accepted student checklist we are in? I think that is what everyone says but I don't want to celebrate too early.
Yes!! only accepted students see the accepted student checklist! you'll probably get an email within a couple days of that popping up too, confirming that you're accepted, and then a letter in the mail a few weeks later!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes!! only accepted students see the accepted student checklist! you'll probably get an email within a couple days of that popping up too, confirming that you're accepted, and then a letter in the mail a few weeks later!
HOORAY!!! 🙂!!!!!
 
For those of you who have seen changes in their portals regarding accepted student checklist, how long did it take for you to receive an acceptance email? My accepted student checklist just popped up, but I'm still slightly paranoid that it means nothing...haha I dont want to get too excited, so I want to wait until I get an email