Midwestern University DVM 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know I'm likely way too early since I just interviewed last week. But for those of you that had changes on your portal on Tuesdays, around what time of day did you notice that change? I'm just interested for the next few Tuesdays. Thanks!

I live on the east coast and I saw a change around 7 PM our time, which I guess would be around 4 their time?

Members don't see this ad.

@everybody who interviewed ~2 weeks ago...
I'm assuming nobody else has news since this thread has been quiet. I really need to stop refreshing my portal lol, but am seriously hoping they update before the Holiday break. Has anybody heard anything?

I'm assuming nobody else has news since this thread has been quiet. I really need to stop refreshing my portal lol, but am seriously hoping they update before the Holiday break. Has anybody heard anything?
I don't have any changes in my portal either. I know they didn't have classes last week or this week, so maybe they weren't having meetings either. I'm hoping we hear from them early next week (if people have been hearing on Tuesdays).

Members don't see this ad :)

I called them, and they did not meet this week because of thanksgiving. They are set to meet this Monday, the 28. If everything holds true like in past years, we will find out on Tuesday, 29th. Enjoy thanksgiving; we won't find out anything this week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
@poultryguy123 When did you interview? If after 11/9 I bet they won't post it until after the holiday, so way easier said than done but be patient ;). Mine literally just went up- I've been checking like a maniac haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
@poultryguy123 When did you interview? If after 11/9 I bet they won't post it until after the holiday, so way easier said than done but be patient ;). Mine literally just went up- I've been checking like a maniac haha.

Interviewed 11/8...I'm stressing. I'll keep checking; hopefully an update is on the way.

Congrats y'all!

Reactions: 1 users
So the office of admissions closed at 4:30...I guess that means I won't hear today?

If I have access to the accepted student checklist in the portal, does that mean I'm accepted or is there I chance I might be waitlisted??

If I have access to the accepted student checklist in the portal, does that mean I'm accepted or is there I chance I might be waitlisted??
If the checklist is there, you are accepted. Congratulations!

Accepted!! Happy Thanksgiving! Interviewed 11/9 :)

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 11/9 and my portal didn't change. Aaaaand my anxiety is through the roof again :p
However, my last name begins with S. Out of curiosity, those that were accepted that interviewed that day, what letter does your last name start with? I'm wondering if they are going alphabetically.

Interviewed 11/9 and my portal didn't change. Aaaaand my anxiety is through the roof again :p
However, my last name begins with S. Out of curiosity, those that were accepted that interviewed that day, what letter does your last name start with? I'm wondering if they are going alphabetically.
Don't worry!!! It seems to be totally random- the same thing happened to me with the last round of acceptances and I found out a week or two later that I was accepted.

Don't worry!!! It seems to be totally random- the same thing happened to me with the last round of acceptances and I found out a week or two later that I was accepted.
Ahhhh Thank you! You have put me at ease. :)

Was also in the same boat and got good news a few weeks later. I still have no clue what order they go over people in. You can always call (as I write this on a holiday weekend lol) but the people in admissions are super friendly and can look up your status for you. Good luck!!!

Also- your username made me LOL! Pokemon nerd here.

Was also in the same boat and got good news a few weeks later. I still have no clue what order they go over people in. You can always call (as I write this on a holiday weekend lol) but the people in admissions are super friendly and can look up your status for you. Good luck!!!

Also- your username made me LOL! Pokemon nerd here.

Thank you! That is good to know! I guess if I don't hear this week I may have to cave in and give them a call.

And thanks! Good to know there are fellow pokemon nerds out there :)

Does anyone know what shows up on our portal if we are not accepted?

I just got my official phone call and email for acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten a rejection email/call from the 11/8 interview group? I haven't had my portal changed yet and I am not sure if I have been rejected or if they have yet to get to my file.

Has anyone gotten a rejection email/call from the 11/8 interview group? I haven't had my portal changed yet and I am not sure if I have been rejected or if they have yet to get to my file.

Hey! I interviewed 11/9 and didn't have a portal change yet. If you look a few posts above, you can see some fellow applicants answered our question. I guess the order they do is totally random and it can take them a while to get through one group of interviewers. So don't sweat it! Hopefully we will hear tomorrow.

For those of you who are on the waitlist to interview does your applicant check-list pop up? Absolutely nothing is on my portal!

For those of you who are on the waitlist to interview does your applicant check-list pop up? Absolutely nothing is on my portal!

I am waitlisted for an interview and this is what my applicant checklist page looks like :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-29-08-10-49.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-29-08-10-49.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 93
The checklist has been on mine the whole time completed.

Reactions: 1 user
Contacted IT and had it all fixed up! Who knows what went wrong... :/

So if we see accepted student checklist we are in? I think that is what everyone says but I don't want to celebrate too early.

So if we see accepted student checklist we are in? I think that is what everyone says but I don't want to celebrate too early.
Yes!! only accepted students see the accepted student checklist! you'll probably get an email within a couple days of that popping up too, confirming that you're accepted, and then a letter in the mail a few weeks later!

ACCEPTED!!! My portal just changed! This is my third year applying to veterinary school and now my dream is going to become reality :')

Reactions: 7 users
I was on the waitlist to interview as well. They sent me an invite for an interview today (not in email, I always click on "schedule and interview" to check it), so check your portals! It wasn't there yesterday when I checked it so it must have been done today!

Reactions: 3 users
Yes!! only accepted students see the accepted student checklist! you'll probably get an email within a couple days of that popping up too, confirming that you're accepted, and then a letter in the mail a few weeks later!
HOORAY!!! :)!!!!!

For those of you who have seen changes in their portals regarding accepted student checklist, how long did it take for you to receive an acceptance email? My accepted student checklist just popped up, but I'm still slightly paranoid that it means nothing...haha I dont want to get too excited, so I want to wait until I get an email