Midwestern Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cure Finder

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who is currently waitlisted at Midwestern. Does anyone have any information about how their waitlist works or has anyone been recently accepted off of their wailist.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently talked to an admissions counselor who told me that they have not started to take anyone off the waitlist. The greatest waitlist movement usually occurs between late July and early August. I also found out that I'm 1/78 on the waitlist. While the amount of people who are eventually accepted from year to year vary, I was told that last year they took 40 or so people off the list (I think). Hope this helps... If you find out anything else, please let us know!

Hey Jasjaz,
Thanks for the helpful info. I passed it on to my friend because I knew he thought that he'd be hearing back from Midwestern sometime this month. If he gets any new info I'll be sure to let you know.

•••quote:••• Knowledge is power.••••

Members don't see this ad :)
Jasjaz

I was told the alternate list was unranked. Did they originally tell you this too, and possibly ranked it recently?

Which Midwestern are you talking about? CCOM or AZCOM?

good question, which one? i know that i was told there were about 80 on the AZCOM waitlist. they told me last year not that many got off of it (i dont know their definition of "not that many") and the previous year almost everyone got off of it. i know that movement at schools is a lot higher this year because of the amcas problems pushing back the allopathic schools decision timeline. a lot of people that got into osteo schools did it simply as a back up to allopathic schools. since osteo. is my first choice that's fine w/ me. jazjaz heard anything from UHS??? good luck

I'm sorry, I didn't know that there was more than one Midwestern. I was refering to Midwestern University which is located in Downers Grove, Illinois. I hope that was the waitlist that jasjaz was refering to. If not, I will have to do a lot of explaining to my friend.

mgambolini-
I was also told that the list is unranked but that they keep about 25 at an arm's reach.

AZCat, OUsooner, & CureFinder-
Sorry I also wasn't clear... I was refering to CCOM

OUsooner-
I haven't heard anything from UHS. However I might give them a call next week. How did the KCOM interview go? Good luck with that. :)

i interviewed at CCOM during their last day of interviews (april 26th). i was accepted and have given them 2 deposits so far (1st: $250, 2nd: $750). their third and last deposit is due june 21st for me. so most likely, they will start pulling more people off the waitlist after that date. i may also give up my seat at CCOM if i get into another school off the waitlist so hopefully that is good news for those on the waitlist. :)

For anyone interested in the AZCOM alternate list, I just posted today (June 18th) some info. under the thread title of "AZCOM Alternate List" in the Pre-Osteopathic Section of this website.

is there any movement out there? anyone getting in or dropping out?