Misdemeanor, Acceptance, Matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonduianon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, I have been lucky this cycle and obtained 4 acceptances at this point. 2 MD and 2 DO. I have a criminal history of DUI from 5 years ago. I disclosed the incident in my primary and secondary application and have been honest and taken responsibility of the incident. My question from those more experienced in this process is :

1) Can my acceptance still be rescinded if I appropriately disclosed the incident in my primary and secondary and obtained an acceptance?

2) Should I start wrapping up my affairs with confidence that I will matriculate? ( work, start planning for moving, etc)

3) Do i need to do anything else to ensure this will not prevent me from matriculating ?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If it's in your application and they accepted you, there is nothing to worry about. Congrats

Reactions: 1 users
No, yes, no.

Hello SDN, I have been lucky this cycle and obtained 4 acceptances at this point. 2 MD and 2 DO. I have a criminal history of DUI from 5 years ago. I disclosed the incident in my primary and secondary application and have been honest and taken responsibility of the incident. My question from those more experienced in this process is :

1) Can my acceptance still be rescinded if I appropriately disclosed the incident in my primary and secondary and obtained an acceptance?

2) Should I start wrapping up my affairs with confidence that I will matriculate? ( work, start planning for moving, etc)

3) Do i need to do anything else to ensure this will not prevent me from matriculating ?

Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should count yourself lucky. It may become problematic for some rotations during M3 and M4.

Reactions: 1 user
Follow up question. Will almost a Decade old DUI at graduation impact residency prospects? Any advice is appreciated.