MISSED the ROL deadline..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elizaabeth3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a confirmation email from 9:00, but it still says "ranking" and not certified.. I was switching back and forth between my two top spots + kept re-certifying. I know, stupid stupid stupid mistake.. Is this even heard of? I'm sick to my stomach.

Members don't see this ad.

contact NRMP and inform them of your situation. my guess is that if it still says ranking then your previous list was the one that was saved

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh, I didn't get any email. Am I screwed?

Uh, I didn't get any email. Am I screwed?

I think they meant the email you got whenever you certified, there wasn't a special e-mail sent to everyone after the deadline passed. I also think OP is trolling.

I think they meant the email you got whenever you certified, there wasn't a special e-mail sent to everyone after the deadline passed. I also think OP is trolling.
yeah likely. I'm only an M2 so I don't know how the process works, but I'd imagine if someone made it that far into med school wouldn't be so careless (even though everyone makes mistakes). Then again...

Call the NRMP. They might consider your situation. I know someone who had such an email but the system was showing "ranking". A call resolved the issue. She sent them an email and eventually they certified the list for her.

yeah likely. I'm only an M2 so I don't know how the process works, but I'd imagine if someone made it that far into med school wouldn't be so careless (even though everyone makes mistakes). Then again...

You're only an MS2 but you think the ranking system is stupid? Why? Because you have such extensive experience with it?

Reactions: 3 users
right... because everyone is perfect and nobody makes mistakes and we all have the ability to forsee unforeseen circumstances. rofl

Unforeseen circumstances? Is that what you call it when you have over a MONTH to come up with a rank list, are sent numerous reminders about a very clear deadline, warned not to wait until the last minute to submit your final ROL, but then you ignore all of that and do it anyways? rofl

Chill out everyone I'm sure it happens to multiple people every year. People make mistakes, computers crash, power is lost, etc. Pretty sure you just call nrmp up and they fix it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Happened to someone at my school a few years ago and he had to take out a research year because he couldnt match or even soap. This is what our dean told me so I dont know if he was just trying to scare us or not.

Happened to someone at my school a few years ago and he had to take out a research year because he couldnt match or even soap. This is what our dean told me so I dont know if he was just trying to scare us or not.
lol wow

After reading the NRMP website, it looks like you can soap if you had registered for it, even if you havnt filled out rank list. But I was told that if it wasnt certified, you will not be ranked. OP please let us know how this turns up. Wish you luck.

I imagine they won't make any exceptions to their deadlines, just the nature of unaccountable quasi-government bureaucracies.

Reactions: 1 user
I kept track, and eight programs had problems with their IR residency apps in ERAS. That was basically money spent by medical students down the drain. Columbia Cardiothoracic absolutely needs to refund ALL interviewees their travel expenses.

ya im sure that will happen

I kept track, and eight programs had problems with their IR residency apps in ERAS. That was basically money spent by medical students down the drain. Columbia Cardiothoracic absolutely needs to refund ALL interviewees their travel expenses.
The main problem is that it is a really good program in cardiothoracic surgery. People were excited about it and have ranked it high. Such a waste!

Reactions: 1 user