Mississippi CVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me. I’m right there with you. I feel defeated
You’re pretty high up on the waitlist though. I think you have a good chance of getting off..obviously it depends on the year…

I am much higher on the waitlist than you and I think the only chance I have to get off is if a bunch of people take themselves off (due to getting into other schools) but even then…I don’t think it’ll work out 😭😔

Members don't see this ad.

anyone happen to know about when in March they'll release Bardsley scholarship?

Reactions: 1 users
I was OOS waitlisted rank #46, anyone else?? What’s everyone’s status!? I can’t breath not knowing 😩

Members don't see this ad :)
I was OOS waitlisted rank #46, anyone else?? What’s everyone’s status!? I can’t breath not knowing

Same, I’m really hoping they start pulling off the waitlist before April 15th but I doubt they will. It’s killing me because state is my top choice but being on the waitlist kind of puts us in a gray area. Like I’m not sure what I need to be doing as far as looking at housing, furniture, etc. I don’t want to jump the gun just in case things don’t work out but I don’t want to not be prepared either.🥲

Does anyone know of when they first began pulling SC contract waitlist students in past cycles?

Same, I’m really hoping they start pulling off the waitlist before April 15th but I doubt they will. It’s killing me because state is my top choice but being on the waitlist kind of puts us in a gray area. Like I’m not sure what I need to be doing as far as looking at housing, furniture, etc. I don’t want to jump the gun just in case things don’t work out but I don’t want to not be prepared either.🥲
Ugh I feel you! What rank are you?

Hello all! I wanted to put this on here for those that are waitlisted or got denied.

DO NOT GIVE UP!

Here’s a little background about me for inspiration:
-non traditional student
-applied to vet school 5x (I only got 2 interviews prior to this cycle)
-retaken several classes because they were either going to “expire” or to improve my grade
-started a masters program in social work (for veterinary social work) in fall 2022 after not getting into vet school as a backup plan
-was not a fan of my coursework and decided to stop after my first semester with the goal of reapplying to vet school
-did a grad certificate in vet sciences this past summer (highly suggest)
-I applied to 12 schools this cycle and only got 2 interviews

All this to say this: I was so close to giving up. I was told year after year and school after school that I was denied. I didn’t feel like I was smart enough or good enough to attend vet school. But here I am with an ACCEPTANCE (waitlisted at Mississippi State)

DONT GIVE UP! Don’t let anyone tell you that you aren’t good enough or that you aren’t deserving.

If anyone wants to reach out directly, feel free to send me a message. Happy to help give feedback on an application or just talk about your vet med journey.

Last edited:
  • Love
So they don’t go in order??
They haven’t called anyone off the waitlist yet, this person was saying they got an acceptance to another school, they are still waiting on this waitlist. Schools will go in order if they have a ranked list.

Members don't see this ad :)
They haven’t called anyone off the waitlist yet, this person was saying they got an acceptance to another school, they are still waiting on this waitlist. Schools will go in order if they have a ranked list.
Yes! Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the clarification! Sorry for my confusion!

Reactions: 1 user
Reread the email with the Bardsley application and it says recipients will be notified around March 15. Around....:oops:
Was another email sent out? The only one that I had gotten didn’t say anything about a date, just that we’ll be notified later.

Was another email sent out? The only one that I had gotten didn’t say anything about a date, just that we’ll be notified later.
IMG_9999.jpeg

This is from my email

has anyone heard anything regarding the scholarship? i was hoping they would do emails instead of phone calls, my phone was stolen over spring break :(

Officially declined my seat for admission (OOS)! :) Hoping they'll start moving the waitlist for you all soon!

What kind of laptop/tablet are y’all getting? Are you sticking with MSU’s suggestions and getting a Microsoft or sticking with Apple???

What kind of laptop/tablet are y’all getting? Are you sticking with MSU’s suggestions and getting a Microsoft or sticking with Apple???
I already have a MacBook Air and an iPad, I’m going to see what the vibes are once the get there probably lol

I just officially declined my seat. Congrats to the waitlister out there who gets good news!

Has anyone been called off the OOS waitlist? If so, what was your number on the waitlist?? :)

Has anyone been called off the OOS waitlist? If so, what was your number on the waitlist?? :)

I’m 4 on the OOS list and have NOT been called yet. I’ve heard of a few seats being open through here and other groups but I bet they’re waiting until most of the decisions happen before they really start calling alternates.

Do anybody know how much the ISS list? I haven’t heard much and losing hope!

^^Also wondering how much the OOS waitlist has moved

I saw a comment on a facebook post that #15 got called on tuesday or wednesday but I don’t know how far past that they’ve gotten

A friend of mine who was on the waitlist got an email saying that they are now considering the class full. Anyone else get that?

Yeah just saw it today bummer. But there’s next cycle! Gotta crack the application back open and start working on it