Mississippi CVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody else so on edge you feel like throwing up

i’m right there with you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe after lunch?

Members don't see this ad :)
They called me at 10:50 AM yesterday and I live in Starkville MS.

Oh my gosh guys!!! IS ACCEPTANCE! They had my number wrong!! I’m literally crying.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Oh my gosh guys!!! IS ACCEPTANCE! They had my number wrong!! I’m literally crying.
AHHH SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! :) That is amazing!!!!! ♥️

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, if we don’t hear nothing by today. Do you think we could call ourselves? Just anxious that’s all!

Hey, if we don’t hear nothing by today. Do you think we could call ourselves? Just anxious that’s all!

I’m sure they’ll either call or send an email today. They said that we would hear by the 23rd so I assume an email will come later.

No clue but it’s crazy to me that they have so many alternates. Like no way they go through that many 🙄
Iowa state has a list of alternates that normally is around 230 to 260 and I've seen years that they go into the 170's/180s!

• Wow
OOS alternate #4!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
ISS alernate #12! Does anybody know how often the ISS list moves?

Anyone else feeling super disappointed/slightly hopeless? I really don’t think that many people will get off the waitlist 😔😭😭😭

Iowa state has a list of alternates that normally is around 230 to 260 and I've seen years that they go into the 170's/180s!
I really hope that’s the case with Mississippi 😭😭😭 I really loved the school

• Care
I just got an email this morning stating that I am being considered for the Bardsley scholarship!
I saw my email late about this, but was freaking out when I saw that I was nominated for it!!!😭 Does anyone know how many applicants are “nominated”? I think about 8 are chosen in the end! I’m so proud of all of us🥹❤️ it took a lot to get to this point!

First time using a site like this.. I guess I am just looking for some hope. I applied to 14 schools this cycle and interviewed at Mississippi State. I was SHOCKED to hear yesterday that I was put on a waiting list because the way the interview went.. I truly thought I would be flat out accepted because it was an amazing experience and went so so well… I am rank #46 of #168. I’m really hoping that anyone who applied and got in, who doesn’t want to go here, will let the school know ASAP because I truly don’t know what I will do if I get rejected from this school. Anyone have thoughts? Did anyone here apply to Mississippi State and get accepted? What is the prognosis of being on a waitlist? What are my chances? I know it is different school to school and state/cycle. I guess I’m begging everyone if you know you are going to a different school… tell MSU CVM that you will not be enrolling. I am just at a loss for words… #46…. Are my chances good? I really hope so. Good luck to everyone who applied #2028

I saw my email late about this, but was freaking out when I saw that I was nominated for it!!!😭 Does anyone know how many applicants are “nominated”? I think about 8 are chosen in the end! I’m so proud of all of us🥹❤️ it took a lot to get to this point!
There are 8-12 Bardsley Scholars depending on the year.
I heard they nominate 20 from a friend but I don’t know that for sure!

• Care
First time using a site like this.. I guess I am just looking for some hope. I applied to 14 schools this cycle and interviewed at Mississippi State. I was SHOCKED to hear yesterday that I was put on a waiting list because the way the interview went.. I truly thought I would be flat out accepted because it was an amazing experience and went so so well… I am rank #46 of #168. I’m really hoping that anyone who applied and got in, who doesn’t want to go here, will let the school know ASAP because I truly don’t know what I will do if I get rejected from this school. Anyone have thoughts? Did anyone here apply to Mississippi State and get accepted? What is the prognosis of being on a waitlist? What are my chances? I know it is different school to school and state/cycle. I guess I’m begging everyone if you know you are going to a different school… tell MSU CVM that you will not be enrolling. I am just at a loss for words… #46…. Are my chances good? I really hope so. Good luck to everyone who applied #2028
I’m a current first year at Mississippi state and was waitlisted last year! They don’t typically take people off the waitlist till closer to the deadline to make a decision on if you are attending or not. I was complemented on my interview and was told I did amazing and was still waitlisted. You have to remember interview is only a small part of the whole application. Every year is different on how many make it off the waitlist. I hope you receive good news from one of the other colleges you applied too! Don’t lose hope!

If any accepted student have any questions I be happy to answer them!

I’m a current first year at Mississippi state and was waitlisted last year! They don’t typically take people off the waitlist till closer to the deadline to make a decision on if you are attending or not. I was complemented on my interview and was told I did amazing and was still waitlisted. You have to remember interview is only a small part of the whole application. Every year is different on how many make it off the waitlist. I hope you receive good news from one of the other colleges you applied too! Don’t lose hope!
Were you ISS or OSS? And what was your rank?

I think your chances are good. Obviously I don’t know for sure but I think your overall place is good. I’m ranked above you so you definitely had a better chance than me. I feel you…I’m in the same boat and truly disheartened and disappointed. I felt so close and feel like it just slipped away. Felt like the interview went pretty well and fell in love with the school.

• Care