Mizzou C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we still thinking tomorrow might be the day?!?

So I looked back on the thread for last year and it was actually the Tues before thanksgiving that they found out (so tomorrow).

In previous years they found out the Monday before (today).

But.... extended VMCAS deadline could push things back.
 
So I looked back on the thread for last year and it was actually the Tues before thanksgiving that they found out (so tomorrow).

In previous years they found out the Monday before (today).

But.... extended VMCAS deadline could push things back.

I could see it being Tuesday, it seems like schools like to push all the emails out and then take a breather hahaha.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh - no email. Sooo I'll be looking for a rejection in a couple days if it is like last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone! :soexcited:

No email here... time to wait some more to hear from my IS school!
 
So if you’re OOS and didn’t get an email tonight then I’m assuming there’s no chance they’ll send more out later? This is it right? But congrats to everyone that did get an invite!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
So if you’re OOS and didn’t get an email tonight then I’m assuming there’s no chance they’ll send more out later? This is it right? But congrats to everyone that did get an invite!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless they are diverging from what they did in the past, they only send out one batch of interview invites for OOS. They will then send rejection notices next. There have been instances in the past where are a few people "in limbo" that didn't get an interview and didn't get a rejection. Basically this is saying that you could get an interview invite if there are enough spaces after the interview acceptance deadlline. which is normally in December. However, I have personally never heard of anyone getting an interview from this method (though it's possible), usually it ends with a rejection email in December.
 
Unless they are diverging from what they did in the past, they only send out one batch of interview invites for OOS. They will then send rejection notices next. There have been instances in the past where are a few people "in limbo" that didn't get an interview and didn't get a rejection. Basically this is saying that you could get an interview invite if there are enough spaces after the interview acceptance deadlline. which is normally in December. However, I have personally never heard of anyone getting an interview from this method (though it's possible), usually it ends with a rejection email in December.

Thank you for the info! Definitely just needed to hear it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
A couple comments from the APVMA facebook:
" i spoke with the missouri admissions advisor and she said that they're not necessarily sending rejections with acceptances this year. she said they're going to do a "few cycles" this year and wait for people to reject interview invites etc before sending out rejections" - 22 hours ago
"I just got an interview request from Missouri! so they are sending out emails today as well!!!" - three hours ago
"They have sent out all interview invites for OOS just called Kathy" - 1 hour ago

Sorry ya'll 🙁 There is still a chance of getting an invite if you haven't gotten one, but likely it is slim.
 
A couple comments from the APVMA facebook:
" i spoke with the missouri admissions advisor and she said that they're not necessarily sending rejections with acceptances this year. she said they're going to do a "few cycles" this year and wait for people to reject interview invites etc before sending out rejections" - 22 hours ago
"I just got an interview request from Missouri! so they are sending out emails today as well!!!" - three hours ago

Hey those first 2 are my comments 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A couple comments from the APVMA facebook:
" i spoke with the missouri admissions advisor and she said that they're not necessarily sending rejections with acceptances this year. she said they're going to do a "few cycles" this year and wait for people to reject interview invites etc before sending out rejections" - 22 hours ago
"I just got an interview request from Missouri! so they are sending out emails today as well!!!" - three hours ago
"They have sent out all interview invites for OOS just called Kathy" - 1 hour ago

Sorry ya'll 🙁 There is still a chance of getting an invite if you haven't gotten one, but likely it is slim.
Well thabks for trying. The show must go on!!
 
I can't find the comment now, I feel like maybe it was @ziggyandjazzy who was asking about interview numbers? I talked to someone who is going there now and 2 years ago there were over 900 OSS applicants, they usually interview ~210 (that year they interviewed 286). The average GPA of applicants interviewing was 3.76.

That year application scores were broken down into the following:
20% grades/classes taken/ GRE
20% extracurriculars/ work/ leadership
20% experiences (animal & vet)
20% research
20% interview/overall application
 
I can't find the comment now, I feel like maybe it was @ziggyandjazzy who was asking about interview numbers? I talked to someone who is going there now and 2 years ago there were over 900 OSS applicants, they usually interview ~210 (that year they interviewed 286). The average GPA of applicants interviewing was 3.76.

That year application scores were broken down into the following:
20% grades/classes taken/ GRE
20% extracurriculars/ work/ leadership
20% experiences (animal & vet)
20% research
20% interview/overall application
Yeah i did ask then deleted it because i saw i asked that earlier on this thread lol
 
Boo I know a girl who got an interview with slightly better GPA and GRE scores than I who did get an interview i more than likely just missed the cut 🙁 Oh well I'd say it's probably the weak part of my app anyway
 
Boo I know a girl who got an interview with slightly better GPA and GRE scores than I who did get an interview i more than likely just missed the cut 🙁 Oh well I'd say it's probably the weak part of my app anyway

what were her scores? curious what the cut off might have been...
 
what were her scores? curious what the cut off might have been...
GRE total was like 308 (she may retaken it) and about a 3.4 cumulative GPA if it helps my actual scores are 304 total GRE and 3.34 cumulative GPA not too impressive I know 😵
 
So I have an OOS interview the 7th. For any current students or those that interviewed, any tips? Were there any common questions or any random questions that you had? I’m just trying to practice with my free time.
 
If I haven't heard back from yet, can I assume its a rejection?
There are only 3 interview times remaining to sign up. If you haven't heard you got an interview, you probably won't but I can't say for sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad