Mizzou C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah.

Well, I assume they go to Davis then? With all this talk about ranks and all. If not, they should have declined their acceptance and tried again the next year. Or was that yet another ridiculous person?

I think I recall hoping it was an April Fool’s joke.
I don't know if anyone here who takes that seriously here, I'm sure there are people, but the majority of people (even faculty) only joke about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! Go tigers!! Does anyone know if they’ve made moves on the waitlist yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! Go tigers!! Does anyone know if they’ve made moves on the waitlist yet?

I was called off the IS waitlist on Thursday. Was ranked #2, not sure how much more movement there was past that.

Members don't see this ad :)
In-state waitlisters, has anyone given up their waitlist spot to accept an out of state offer? I’m 25th, I guess 21st because I heard that they have reached #4 on the waitlist (not sure how accurate that report is).

In-state waitlisters, has anyone given up their waitlist spot to accept an out of state offer? I’m 25th, I guess 21st because I heard that they have reached #4 on the waitlist (not sure how accurate that report is).
I have been told that a person that was number 7 for in-state has been called on the wait list- it seems it is moving pretty fast so I wouldn't let it get you down at this point!

Anyone know how much it moved last year? I was originally 21 and thinking that I probably won't get a call.

Does anyone have any OOS news? I know they dont have a number ranking system, but I was just emailed by Kathy about if i wanted to stay on the OOS waitlist and I definitely am!

Does anyone have any OOS news? I know they dont have a number ranking system, but I was just emailed by Kathy about if i wanted to stay on the OOS waitlist and I definitely am!
You got an email today?? I’m on the OOS waitlist and haven’t gotten any email/info since they told me I’m on the list. Hope that’s not a bad thing

Reactions: 1 users
You got an email today?? I’m on the OOS waitlist and haven’t gotten any email/info since they told me I’m on the list. Hope that’s not a bad thing
She said she was working through the waitlist and checking with everyone so I wouldn't worry! Probably so busy there and trying to answer calls and send out emails to everyone.

Was accepted today OOS from the waitlist!! I just sent my deposit and acceptance letter on Monday to Iowa State so I'll have to be declining that ASAP. What made Mizzou your top choice? I really loved the atmosphere, town, and the way they presented themselves. I really felt comfortable there and I'm excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Was accepted today OOS from the waitlist!! I just sent my deposit and acceptance letter on Monday to Iowa State so I'll have to be declining that ASAP. What made Mizzou your top choice? I really loved the atmosphere, town, and the way they presented themselves. I really felt comfortable there and I'm excited!
Congrats! If you have any questions before you meet your big, let me know. I am a first year (second year in 2 weeks! :))

Looking back at the acceptance email it says, "Additional information on our orientation retreat, academic orientation, and academic calendar will be sent upon receipt of your acceptance letter." I know my check was deposited for my spot so they got all of my papers. Just checking to see if anyone got the additional info or anything about financial aid yet. Maybe I'm just too excited ^_^

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent gotten anything beside confirmation that they got my acceptance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Looking back at the acceptance email it says, "Additional information on our orientation retreat, academic orientation, and academic calendar will be sent upon receipt of your acceptance letter." I know my check was deposited for my spot so they got all of my papers. Just checking to see if anyone got the additional info or anything about financial aid yet. Maybe I'm just too excited ^_^
They might be waiting for the class to fill up before sending out more info

I just looked at my emails from last year. Class of 21 did not get their orientation emails until June 6th.

Can anyone from MU tell me about any clinical labs or the hands-on experience they got in their 1st-2nd year? Also, any mention of Shelter Med club, electives, or programs?

Can anyone from MU tell me about any clinical labs or the hands-on experience they got in their 1st-2nd year? Also, any mention of Shelter Med club, electives, or programs?
So first year there is a clinical skill lab in second semester that has physical exam and other basic handling labs on cows, sheep, horses, dogs, and cats.

There are tons of clubs that allow you to get hands-on experiences. Emergency club offers suturing and wet labs on placing chest tubes and other emergency procedures. Shelter club offers suturing and cavader labs on spaying and neutering. There are also tons of shelters nearby that allow you to volunteer. There are a ton of opportunities if you look.

After second year, during the summer, you are considered a third year and are allowed to do externships, which means you can do 6 weeks in a shelter if you want. I did 2 weeks at a shelter in Kansas City and got 30-40 surgeries under my belt.

During clinics, you have the option to do a 6 week shelter elective in St. Louis, and I believe you can do other electives as well. Our core curriculum includes a 3 week rotation in shelter med, which is FABULOUS! I loved the experience, did tons of surgeries, and even did mobile shelter trips! One of my favorite rotations ever! You also have tons of opportunities to go to shelter during your 16 week free time and do externships there.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask away or PM me!

So first year there is a clinical skill lab in second semester that has physical exam and other basic handling labs on cows, sheep, horses, dogs, and cats.

There are tons of clubs that allow you to get hands-on experiences. Emergency club offers suturing and wet labs on placing chest tubes and other emergency procedures. Shelter club offers suturing and cavader labs on spaying and neutering. There are also tons of shelters nearby that allow you to volunteer. There are a ton of opportunities if you look.

After second year, during the summer, you are considered a third year and are allowed to do externships, which means you can do 6 weeks in a shelter if you want. I did 2 weeks at a shelter in Kansas City and got 30-40 surgeries under my belt.

During clinics, you have the option to do a 6 week shelter elective in St. Louis, and I believe you can do other electives as well. Our core curriculum includes a 3 week rotation in shelter med, which is FABULOUS! I loved the experience, did tons of surgeries, and even did mobile shelter trips! One of my favorite rotations ever! You also have tons of opportunities to go to shelter during your 16 week free time and do externships there.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask away or PM me!

Thanks so much for the info! That sounds great, I know I will be able to find the experience if I really look for it. Would you say the shelter med is a popular rotation or club for the students there?

Thanks so much for the info! That sounds great, I know I will be able to find the experience if I really look for it. Would you say the shelter med is a popular rotation or club for the students there?
The core shelter rotation is definitely a common favorite of vet students. Tons of experience, little to no paperwork, and the clinicians are AMAZING!!! (They are the sweetest people, fabulous teachers, and I seriously wish everyone could be like them). The club is relatively new but I really enjoyed it!

Thanks! So excited as had applied to 8 schools with 7 interviews and 7 alternate decisions....have many questions about where to look to stay, what to bring, how is the first year -curriculum, etc. will wait for info once they have my payment ...

Thanks! So excited as had applied to 8 schools with 7 interviews and 7 alternate decisions....have many questions about where to look to stay, what to bring, how is the first year -curriculum, etc. will wait for info once they have my payment ...
Congrats!

Once you put down your deposit, head over the the class facebook group, as they will be an invaluable resource for housing questions. You can find roommates, ask for pet friendly places, discover recommendations of where to and where not to go, etc.

As far as what to bring, a laptop/pc/tablet that matches the new requirements is a must, along with study materials (highlighters, pens, whiteboard, etc). I would wait on books until you get matched with your big sibling, as they might just have a free book/pdf to bestow upon you! As far as clinical supplies go, these can all wait a while, though eventually you will need a stethoscope, coveralls, a thermometer, boots, etc.

The first year curriculum is tough, but doable. Your schedules can be found here: Student Schedules .

Feel free to PM me with any other questions you might have!

Congrats!

Once you put down your deposit, head over the the class facebook group, as they will be an invaluable resource for housing questions. You can find roommates, ask for pet friendly places, discover recommendations of where to and where not to go, etc.

As far as what to bring, a laptop/pc/tablet that matches the new requirements is a must, along with study materials (highlighters, pens, whiteboard, etc). I would wait on books until you get matched with your big sibling, as they might just have a free book/pdf to bestow upon you! As far as clinical supplies go, these can all wait a while, though eventually you will need a stethoscope, coveralls, a thermometer, boots, etc.

The first year curriculum is tough, but doable. Your schedules can be found here: Student Schedules .

When do we know which group we are in for lunch and lab? I may or may not want to print the schedules and color code them ^_^

Congrats!

Thanks SO much. Will do later!

When do we know which group we are in for lunch and lab? I may or may not want to print the schedules and color code them ^_^
Normally (if I remember correctly), labs are divided by last name. So if your last name is A you would be in the first lab, but if your last name is Z you would be in the second. It gets tricky if your name is around K though so it really just depends on the list of names for that year and where you end up. However, physiology is tricky in that a lot of the labs past the first three or so are all together so you won't really know until school starts for that one. Now that I think about it, anatomy might also be divided up via group vs. last name so that one you might also not know until school starts.

We found out some of our lab information when we were at VET. That was nice because we got to meet people in our lab group while we were there. I tried to print the schedule and write it out and I was really confused when first day came around. I would suggest waiting for that. Enjoy your summer and don't worry about vet school or preparing until the night before your first day :)

Thank you guys for the info! Have you used all the books in your first year and which ones are really necessary ( anatomy, dissections, etc)?

Thank you guys for the info! Have you used all the books in your first year and which ones are really necessary ( anatomy, dissections, etc)?
The only 2 books I have used are the anatomy books. I actually just bought some for my little, so def wait until you meet your big to purchase and there is also a fb page where people sell a bunch of stuff, including books, for really cheap! If you have further questions or anything you want to ask one on one, message me.

Does anyone know how we can find the facebook group for accepted students? Thanks!

Couple of questions....1. Does anyone know about the Vet school calendar schedule for this next year? 2. When will they know the tuition cost for this next year? Thanks

Couple of questions....1. Does anyone know about the Vet school calendar schedule for this next year? 2. When will they know the tuition cost for this next year? Thanks
1) The academic calendar can be found here: Academic Calendar

2) You will find out about tuition cost somewhere around June/July when you find out about financial aid I believe.

Thanks!. Is hard to tell about Starting -Orientation, Breaks ( Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year etc). (Will wait until I can get in the Facebook and get the full package)...

Does anybody know how health insurance works through the school? Do they provide it to CVM students or do we have to get it through a third party?

Does anybody know how health insurance works through the school? Do they provide it to CVM students or do we have to get it through a third party?
When you are a student you can buy Aetna insurance. You can buy it through their website or through your student Mizzou account (I've done it both ways). It's a pretty good plan overall I think.

Hi! Few Qs:
How expensive is the student health insurance ( I a sure is based on age)?
When do you start keeping residence records and apply for instate tuition qualification for next year's tuition?
Do you have an academic advisor and an upper class mentor once you start school?
And finally, do you start early about NAVLE preparation? Thanks