Mizzou C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know Mizzou’s dress code policy for tattoos?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know Mizzou’s dress code policy for tattoos?
I tried to search this for you in the student handbook and couldn't find anything, which makes me think it's a non-issue. Quite honestly, I don't think I've ever heard or read anything that says they aren't allowed, though I'm not 100% sure. I would only imagine tattoos being potentially "frowned" upon during clinics by a few doctors, but even then I would think, at the very very worst, they would only ask you to cover up during their particular rotation.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to search this for you in the student handbook and couldn't find anything, which makes me think it's a non-issue. Quite honestly, I don't think I've ever heard or read anything that says they aren't allowed, though I'm not 100% sure. I would only imagine tattoos being potentially "frowned" upon during clinics by a few doctors, but even then I would think, at the very very worst, they would only ask you to cover up during their particular rotation.
You'd also assume since you'll be wearing a white coat during clinicals, most tattoos would be covered anyway. I have one on my forearm which could be an issue wearing scrubs but 1. It has never been an issue at clinics I've worked at before 2. It says "hope" so it shouldn't be offensive 3. A plain long sleeve could be worn underneath. Thanks for looking into it for the tattooed community Ashgirl :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else getting really antsy and nervous waiting to hear back about OOS?? im driving myself crazy!!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else getting really antsy and nervous waiting to hear back about OOS?? im driving myself crazy!!
I am a little bit but it's not as bad now that i have an acceptance under my belt lol

You'd also assume since you'll be wearing a white coat during clinicals, most tattoos would be covered anyway. I have one on my forearm which could be an issue wearing scrubs but 1. It has never been an issue at clinics I've worked at before 2. It says "hope" so it shouldn't be offensive 3. A plain long sleeve could be worn underneath. Thanks for looking into it for the tattooed community Ashgirl :)

Thanks for the input guys!

I'm really hoping to hear soon and trying so hard not to think about it. :(

For those who haven't interviewed yet, don't stress yourself out! It is meant to be very conversational and they are not there to interrogate you.

Some things from this weekend:
-Kathy said that decisions will be sent out by (hopefully before) Feb 1.
-If you are one who really wants to know about our school or has a bunch of questions, definitely attend the student panel (lunch is from 12-1, panel normal goes until 2).
-Remember to bring a copy of your fall grades to give to Kathy, though the official transcript won't be due until after acceptance and things.
-If you hang up front by the lobby, there will be tours going on all the time!
- If you are lost, need help with something, or have a question, just ask one of the ambassadors, who will be wearing a gray pullover or black and gold shirt.
Do you happen to know if their date is still before or on February 1st?

Sooo it has to be tomorrow right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you happen to know if their date is still before or on February 1st?
I haven't been able to pop across the way and ask, though if Kathy says they will be done, then I will assume tomorrow or the 1st will be the day.

Keep the faith everyone, you will find out soon I promise! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't been able to pop across the way and ask, though if Kathy says they will be done, then I will assume tomorrow or the 1st will be the day.

Keep the faith everyone, you will find out soon I promise! :)
Thanks for the quick reply! I really hope to hear back soon! I'm excited!

I also have an interview on Thursday and am hoping to hear back from mizzou before then so I don't have to drive to Mississippi tomorrow!

Anyone else freaking out that today may be the day? I've even looked at past forums for Mizzou and they ususally get decisions out before the 1st.
tumblr_mm1fndW8it1rfjvkdo1_400.gif

^this was me all day at work

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else freaking out that today may be the day? I've even looked at past forums for Mizzou and they ususally get decisions out before the 1st.
tumblr_mm1fndW8it1rfjvkdo1_400.gif

^this was me all day at work
I keep checking my email obsessively. I also checked past forums. You are not alone lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

I've been checking my email about every 15 minutes. It has not been a productive day haha

Yeah, I’m normally not one to get nervous or antsy....but this is brutal

Ugh im worse...I have been refreshing like every 5 minutes when i feel like we wont know until closer to 5 or 6

cat-computer.jpg

^Everyone today. I hope we do hear back today and good luck everyone!!!

When my friend applied they didn't hear back until 7is MST which is 8 CST. I know it's hard but try to relax a bit guys! Also that year they didn't hear until the last date that they said decisions would be out by (so 2/1 for us)

When my friend applied they didn't hear back until 7is MST which is 8 CST. I know it's hard but try to relax a bit guys! Also that year they didn't hear until the last date that they said decisions would be out by (so 2/1 for us)
I thought they said by the 1st? I took that to mean before but I could be wrong.

I wonder if they are running late this year. I wanted to call earlier but figured they were probably swamped with calls already!

So, today is the day?

Reactions: 2 users
@Ashgirl
Sorry I keep bothering you!!!
Have there been any word on if decisions will be late this year?
Thank you in advance!!!

Check your email!!! Accepted OOS!

ACCEPTED OOS!!! I am crying!!

Uh oh I don't have anything probably not good news

I didn't apply here, but I'm just doing my daily midday stalk of the forums, and I just wanted to congratulate everyone for getting in. It's super exciting to see!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted oos! I’m having a hard time deciding between penn (IS) and Missouri!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted oos! I’m having a hard time deciding between penn (IS) and Missouri!

Feeling similarly...I am conflicted between Mizzou and MSU (IS)...this is going to be a really tough decision to make

Oh woah my spam firewall held the email back. I was accepted!! OOS

Curse you school email!! I was starting to have an identity crisis lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted... This is the first school I interviewed at and heard back from.. does anybody know my chances of getting off the waitlist? Mizzou is my #1 :(

Waitlisted... This is the first school I interviewed at and heard back from.. does anybody know my chances of getting off the waitlist? Mizzou is my #1 :(
Did Mizzou send out a wait list rank? I can't remember if they said they were going to or not. However, I would say you have pretty decent chances of getting off the wait list as an OSS student considering people will decline seats to go to their IS. Also during my Q&A session when I was interviewing they were saying the wait list normally moves a fair bit. Obviously every year is a bit different, but don't give up hope especially this early!

Did Mizzou send out a wait list rank? I can't remember if they said they were going to or not. However, I would say you have pretty decent chances of getting off the wait list as an OSS student considering people will decline seats to go to their IS. Also during my Q&A session when I was interviewing they were saying the wait list normally moves a fair bit. Obviously every year is a bit different, but don't give up hope especially this early!

No :/ all they said was that they don't have a wait list rank (they said it in bold, so I figured I shouldn't ask). And yeah I'm OOS. Well here's to hoping at least

No :/ all they said was that they don't have a wait list rank (they said it in bold, so I figured I shouldn't ask). And yeah I'm OOS. Well here's to hoping at least
Well here's to well wishes! I have multiple acceptances and still have yet to hear back from the school I want to go to so I definitely have schools to turn down and plan to post on thread the ones I turn down and my official decision. Hope others will do so for other wait listers!

They tend to go through a lot of their OOS waitlist so there is still hope!!!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted today! If you have any questions about Mizzou feel free to PM me or ask on here!

During the Q&A at my interview they said that they usually accept around 100-120 OOS initially but usually only around 30 of those will accept their seat. So after that they move down the waitlist so I would think you have a pretty good chance! I have other acceptances and Mizzou isn’t my first choice (for financial reasons) so there’s a good chance I will be declining my seat.

During the Q&A at my interview they said that they usually accept around 100-120 OOS initially but usually only around 30 of those will accept their seat. So after that they move down the waitlist so I would think you have a pretty good chance! I have other acceptances and Mizzou isn’t my first choice (for financial reasons) so there’s a good chance I will be declining my seat.
Will they send out denials soon? I don't think I'm in at this point :(

Will they send out denials soon? I don't think I'm in at this point :(

If I remember correctly at my interview they said they won’t send any more rejections out! If you had been straight rejected you would have been notified of that in November. At this point you’re either accepted or waitlisted!

If I remember correctly at my interview they said they won’t send any more rejections out! If you had been straight rejected you would have been notified of that in November. At this point you’re either accepted or waitlisted!
I never received an email though... it looks like people on here have received an email letting them know they're waitlisted....