I’d love to know what to do differently also. This was my first choice out of state school.
I have had thousands of hours of community service since high school, leadership experiences, over 4,000 hours of vet experience with small, large, and exotic. I also went a non-traditional route and have a business degree, then went and took the science courses after undergrad while working full time in the veterinary field. I had good references from diverse fields
My GPA wasn’t super competitive which I know is my weakest point. I also didn’t have the average 15.5 hours of credits per semester due to me having to work full-time/overtime in the field. This is also my first application cycle and I know it’s pretty uncommon to get in on your first try, especially out of state.
I’d love to hear stats from those who got interview invites so we can see what to improve on for the next cycle if we don’t get into another school this year.
Wish you all the best of luck with your interviews and applications, and I know we will all make great veterinarians in the future!