You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Admissions & OTCAS MOT OTD Texas Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What time did you get your email?I got an interview for Dallas!
fairbookworm
Full Member
I got the email around 10:30 this morning. Hope you get one from them! Crossing my fingers.What time did you get your email?
cocowilk18
Full Member
Hey I got an interview invitation for the Houston campus at TWU for 11/22 at 2:30. Anyone else?
What time did you get your email?? Wondering because some of us haven't gotten an invitation or decline yetHey I got an interview invitation for the Houston campus at TWU for 11/22 at 2:30. Anyone else?
I was invited to interview in Houston...but I live in Southern CA and taking a trip there just to interview would cost me around $500+. I've already been accepted at another school so I dont' know if its worth it to take the chance on Houston. Every other school I have applied to has been very accommodating and offered skype/phone interviews..so it leaves a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth that they are the first to be like, "too bad!"
Did you ask someone in particular about accommodating you?I was invited to interview in Houston...but I live in Southern CA and taking a trip there just to interview would cost me around $500+. I've already been accepted at another school so I dont' know if its worth it to take the chance on Houston. Every other school I have applied to has been very accommodating and offered skype/phone interviews..so it leaves a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth that they are the first to be like, "too bad!"
Those who received an email have until November 7th to accept the interview, so they may have not sent emails to those who are waitlisted or they just haven’t gotten around to sending all the invites. Hope you hear from them soon!What time did you get your email?? Wondering because some of us haven't gotten an invitation or decline yet
Yes I emailed back right away and they said, "We disclosed the interview requirement in the OTCAS application Homepage. We are unable to make any exceptions to this Step in the application process. "Did you ask someone in particular about accommodating you?
I get it, but at the same time, other schools have basically said, "We realize that this is far and can we do not want to be a financial burden on anyone." SO, with that in mind, it says a lot about the schools.
**SOS**
Hey y'all here are my stats. I wasn't going to post them but I got rejected from TWU today and now I am really worried. I thought I had good stats so I am confused on what's lacking! PLEASE HELP!!!
The only thing I can think of was my GRE scores and that my app was verified after TWU's deadline but I did call and ask and they said they would still look at my app. So I don't know. Please be honest!
University: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Applied Movement Science
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 141 quant, 149 verbal, 4 W -- I know these scores are below average!! 🙁
Extra-Currie:
member of multiple organizations
served as leader and chairs to 3 separate orgs
lots of outside volunteering with community!!!
probably around 180 hours
Volunteer:
80 Adult Inpatient
26 Adult Outpatient
18 Pediatric Outpatient
Total: 124 hours
LOR: 2 OT, 2 professors
I felt like I did good on my personal essay? I had people review it and went to the writing center to get help.
Applied: TWU, UTMB, Tech, St. Augustine, and ACU
Acceptances:
Rejections: TWU
Interviews:
Hey y'all here are my stats. I wasn't going to post them but I got rejected from TWU today and now I am really worried. I thought I had good stats so I am confused on what's lacking! PLEASE HELP!!!
The only thing I can think of was my GRE scores and that my app was verified after TWU's deadline but I did call and ask and they said they would still look at my app. So I don't know. Please be honest!
University: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Applied Movement Science
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 141 quant, 149 verbal, 4 W -- I know these scores are below average!! 🙁
Extra-Currie:
member of multiple organizations
served as leader and chairs to 3 separate orgs
lots of outside volunteering with community!!!
probably around 180 hours
Volunteer:
80 Adult Inpatient
26 Adult Outpatient
18 Pediatric Outpatient
Total: 124 hours
LOR: 2 OT, 2 professors
I felt like I did good on my personal essay? I had people review it and went to the writing center to get help.
Applied: TWU, UTMB, Tech, St. Augustine, and ACU
Acceptances:
Rejections: TWU
Interviews:
Sydupontt
Full Member
I have 9 am start too!I will be there too! What time?? I’m at the 9:00 am start.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sydupontt
Full Member
Your gpa is higher than mine and we have around the same observation hours! I had a 144 in quant and 151 in verbal which isn’t great but I did get an interview! If you have to apply again try preparing with magoosh for the gre it helped me a lot! I know someone who just got accepted to st aug and her gre was low, so hopefully you will get an interview with them!**SOS**
Hey y'all here are my stats. I wasn't going to post them but I got rejected from TWU today and now I am really worried. I thought I had good stats so I am confused on what's lacking! PLEASE HELP!!!
The only thing I can think of was my GRE scores and that my app was verified after TWU's deadline but I did call and ask and they said they would still look at my app. So I don't know. Please be honest!
University: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Applied Movement Science
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 141 quant, 149 verbal, 4 W -- I know these scores are below average!! 🙁
Extra-Currie:
member of multiple organizations
served as leader and chairs to 3 separate orgs
lots of outside volunteering with community!!!
probably around 180 hours
Volunteer:
80 Adult Inpatient
26 Adult Outpatient
18 Pediatric Outpatient
Total: 124 hours
LOR: 2 OT, 2 professors
I felt like I did good on my personal essay? I had people review it and went to the writing center to get help.
Applied: TWU, UTMB, Tech, St. Augustine, and ACU
Acceptances:
Rejections: TWU
Interviews:
Sydupontt
Full Member
She had a 191!Your gpa is higher than mine and we have around the same observation hours! I had a 144 in quant and 151 in verbal which isn’t great but I did get an interview! If you have to apply again try preparing with magoosh for the gre it helped me a lot! I know someone who just got accepted to st aug and her gre was low, so hopefully you will get an interview with them!
futureOT1220
Full Member
Not yet, when did you submit you application?Has anyone heard from Texas Tech??
I'll be there that day!I go Saturday November 23rd! Let me know if anyone is going the same day! Goodluck to y’all!
I did for the 23rdDid anyone get an interview invitation for the Denton campus?
futureOT1220
Full Member
What time?I did for the 23rd
Thank you so much for all your feedback!! I really appreciate it!She had a 191!
futureot97
Full Member
When did you submit your app for Tech and get offered an interview?I have interviews at both TWU and Texas Tech. I am going to interview at the Denton campus on the 23rd. I have my Texas Tech interview on Dec 13.
Hey all, (or y'all since this is a Texas thread 😉) I'm going to give up my interview seat...so I'm not sure how that works, but maybe they go back and offer it to someone previously denied? Fingers crossed for everyone!
morigami92
New Member
There’s a whole thread I’ve posted with interview questions already. Click my name and you should be able to find it. Individual speed dating type interview questions in a small group you have a minute to answer then rotate to next faculty member, group activity, and an essay question which you will have to give a title to.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't view your posts when I click on your username. It only says "this user limits who can view their profile." Any way you could give me access? I'd really like to have some more insight on what to expect from the interviews @_@ (Thanks for offering your knowledge and resources btw!!!)
I submitted my application late September and got an email on the second week of October.When did you submit your app for Tech and get offered an interview?
I submitted on 9/19 and got an email on 10/11 that they received my application and it was being passed on to be reviewed.Not yet, when did you submit you application?
Heard back from Texas Tech this morning.I submitted on 9/19 and got an email on 10/11 that they received my application and it was being passed on to be reviewed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cocowilk18
Full Member
I received my email for invitation on Thursday October 31 at 10:37 amWhat time did you get your email?? Wondering because some of us haven't gotten an invitation or decline yet
pleaseOT
Full Member
I'm in a similar situation! I'm in Florida and was offered an interview at Houston. I would love to attend but its so much money and i have three other interviews I need to travel to soon and think that I would prefer the other schools to TWU. I feel guilty about not going but I can't justify spending that much to go!I was invited to interview in Houston...but I live in Southern CA and taking a trip there just to interview would cost me around $500+. I've already been accepted at another school so I dont' know if its worth it to take the chance on Houston. Every other school I have applied to has been very accommodating and offered skype/phone interviews..so it leaves a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth that they are the first to be like, "too bad!"
11:30! wbu?What time?
futureot97
Full Member
Did you get an interview offer? I got email on 10/22 that they’re reviewing my app and I haven’t heard anything yetHeard back from Texas Tech this morning.
futureOT1220
Full Member
9am!11:30! wbu?
Has any one heard from UTEP or UTSA?
Yeah I got an interview offer for January 17th.Did you get an interview offer? I got email on 10/22 that they’re reviewing my app and I haven’t heard anything yet
I had very similar stats as you, and my GRE score was higher than yours and I was also declined.**SOS**
Hey y'all here are my stats. I wasn't going to post them but I got rejected from TWU today and now I am really worried. I thought I had good stats so I am confused on what's lacking! PLEASE HELP!!!
The only thing I can think of was my GRE scores and that my app was verified after TWU's deadline but I did call and ask and they said they would still look at my app. So I don't know. Please be honest!
University: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Applied Movement Science
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 141 quant, 149 verbal, 4 W -- I know these scores are below average!! 🙁
Extra-Currie:
member of multiple organizations
served as leader and chairs to 3 separate orgs
lots of outside volunteering with community!!!
probably around 180 hours
Volunteer:
80 Adult Inpatient
26 Adult Outpatient
18 Pediatric Outpatient
Total: 124 hours
LOR: 2 OT, 2 professors
I felt like I did good on my personal essay? I had people review it and went to the writing center to get help.
Applied: TWU, UTMB, Tech, St. Augustine, and ACU
Acceptances:
Rejections: TWU
Interviews:
Liz-E
Full Member
What day? I haven't seen anyone else with the 22nd as their day!I got an interview for Dallas!
fairbookworm
Full Member
Mines the 22nd, but I’m interviewing at the Houston campus.What day? I haven't seen anyone else with the 22nd as their day!
futureOT1220
Full Member
I have mine the 22nd in Denton!What day? I haven't seen anyone else with the 22nd as their day!
For those of you that applied to TWU they are reviewing applications now, interviews will be held in November. OTD Program starts Summer 2020.
I am in the MOT program at Houston campus currently, that’s what our director updated us with last week.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are interviews only going to be in November or is there going to be more?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
futureot97
Full Member
I think just November! On their website it says November 22 and 23.Are interviews only going to be in November or is there going to be more?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Liz-E
Full Member
Good luck to you all! I seriously thought about Denton and Houston both being potential first choices, but since I am in Fort Worth, Dallas was just a bit closer. Cannot wait to hear how things go for everyone!Mines the 22nd, but I’m interviewing at the Houston campus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone hear from UTHSCSA today?!
Ahh not me. Are they supposed to be sending out emails?
Did anyone hear from UTHSCSA today?!
Someone I know did!
I will be there as well!I go Saturday November 23rd! Let me know if anyone is going the same day! Goodluck to y’all!
I did!Did anyone hear from UTHSCSA today?!
fairbookworm
Full Member
How are y’all gonna prepare for your interviews? Anybody just going to wing it? Don’t want to sound too rehearsed.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 313