General Admissions & OTCAS MOT OTD Texas Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Update regarding UTSA - they only have two interviews this cycle. There was one on December 17th, and there will be another on January 10th. They will send out either acceptances or waitlists a week after the January 10th interview. Everyone is put on the waitlist if you aren't accepted. They said there is no ranking for the waitlist - whenever they pull from the waitlist they look at everyone in the pile again. Last year they accepted 16 people off the waitlist. If you get accepted, you have one week to accept or decline the spot. You will have to pay a $450 deposit if you accept your spot!
 
Did anyone interview on December 17th for UTHSC san antonio?? How did it go and how the style/order of it if you are willing to share?
It was good! The faculty and students were super nice. There’s a group interview, a group project and a short essay question.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah! That's exciting and terrifying all at the same time haha. Thanks for calling! I saw on the AOTA website that they've been upgraded to Candidacy Status for OTD!

do you know which schools in texas are the ones that now have the OTD program?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Hello, I know UTMB interviews will be soon and I was wondering how everyone who has the interview will be preparing for the HSRT? I don't knwo anyone who has taken it before, so I was confused about how to prepare for it?
 
Hello, I know UTMB interviews will be soon and I was wondering how everyone who has the interview will be preparing for the HSRT? I don't knwo anyone who has taken it before, so I was confused about how to prepare for it?

I have been in the same boat. I have googled HSRT and very little comes up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I just called. They said the decisions have already been made a while but the accreditation process just needs to get the final session over with. They just hope that it wraps up this week :X
I’m starting to get annoyed with the accreditation board now not gonna lie haha.
That’s terrifying that they know already 🙁 I hope we hear something soon
 
That’s terrifying that they know already 🙁 I hope we hear something soon
Terrifying, but somehow also a little relieving? I can't decide how I feel 🤔.I was hoping to be able to get some info from the AOTA website about the accreditation process and where they are, but it looks like the only visit they have scheduled is in 2022 and I am fairly confident that they are not waiting for that visit to send out decisions, so no help from that. Hopefully we hear soon!! I am so ready to just know where I stand!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You’d think at this point they’d just at least send us all an email with an update regarding TWU. Interviews were SO long ago! Hard to not stress about it and the waiting game since there was never an official timeline provided...
 
TWU update: I know some people have been calling, I ended up calling today for myself. I was told that they couldn’t give me a timeline at all because they only had 50% of the information they needed and they were waiting on the rest before sending out acceptances.
I then emailed AOTA thinking that maybe they could give me an idea of when TWU would be allowed to accept students, I received a VERY quick response: “You may want to check with the program on a timeline for acceptance notices. Once we forward notification that candidacy status is granted, we do not have involvement in that timeline.”
So in other words, I have now idea what TWU is waiting on
 
TWU update: I know some people have been calling, I ended up calling today for myself. I was told that they couldn’t give me a timeline at all because they only had 50% of the information they needed and they were waiting on the rest before sending out acceptances.
I then emailed AOTA thinking that maybe they could give me an idea of when TWU would be allowed to accept students, I received a VERY quick response: “You may want to check with the program on a timeline for acceptance notices. Once we forward notification that candidacy status is granted, we do not have involvement in that timeline.”
So in other words, I have now idea what TWU is waiting on
Have they been granted candidacy status then? On AOTA it says OTD for twu, along with utmb, tech, etc 🙁
 
I have been in the same boat. I have googled HSRT and very little comes up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same!! I really wish they at least gave us some bases on what it's going to be on, so we can study a little over that. Hopefully, it's not too bad.
 
Same!! I really wish they at least gave us some bases on what it's going to be on, so we can study a little over that. Hopefully, it's not too bad.
When I went for my tour back in the fall (summer maybe? Honestly they all blend together.) I thought they mentioned something about having approval from AOTA but not yet from the state. Because they are a state school, they would need approval from the state to change their program. It is possible I am completely remembering this wrong, but it is also possible that is potentially what is holding them up? At least if AOTA is saying that they are done with what they need and TWU is saying they are still waiting, it seems like the state would be the last part of that group? I don't know, I am completely spitballing here.
 
Hey guys! I just got invited to attend and interview session for Feb 28th @ 10am for the DOT program for St. Augustine, Austin campus!! Anyone else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if I should contact the program today myself (TWU). I know a lot of people have reached out to figure out the status of their acceptance or not, so I’m hesitant to email the program. I’ve long gotten past the point of checking my email regularly, but this wait has gone on long enough. Did you guys call directly, or email the OT program?
 
Wondering if I should contact the program today myself (TWU). I know a lot of people have reached out to figure out the status of their acceptance or not, so I’m hesitant to email the program. I’ve long gotten past the point of checking my email regularly, but this wait has gone on long enough. Did you guys call directly, or email the OT program?
I’ve only called them and the answers have been vague. A few days ago, someone else emailed them and seemed to get a more detailed answer so maybe that would be better!