Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did they say? did you get an interview offer?I did!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What did they say? did you get an interview offer?I did!
Yes I got an interview offer. The email said that they are hosting multiple interview dates, the one I was offered was December 17th.What did they say? did you get an interview offer?
I am currently working in a PT department at a graduate school so a few of our faculty members are helping me hone in my answers to questions I know will come my way like why I want to be an OT. I tend to talk for too long so they are helping me cut my answers to a more appropriate time length and identify things that I have done this past year and a half that I can talk about. I have also been told that they plan to throw some outrageous questions at me and problems to solve simply to see how I respond to them. I am a little worried about stressing myself out too much so we are only going through it today and then not again. That being said, I'm not too worried about sounding too rehearsed as we have no way of knowing what specific questions we will be asked? I also sometimes just answer questions in my car while driving home that I find on some of the forums here just to keep myself thinking in that direction.How are y’all gonna prepare for your interviews? Anybody just going to wing it? Don’t want to sound too rehearsed.
I'll be there!I’m interviewing at TWU Dallas Friday 11/22 2:30 anyone else going?
I’m in the same boat as you. I feel like some schools are faster than others. So maybe the week of the 10th?Did anyone hear back on when we should be gettting feedback from interviews?
I feel like a lot of schools wait about a month but I’m hoping they’re quicker so we don’t have to wait past the winter holidays where it’d be more delayed.I’m in the same boat as you. I feel like some schools are faster than others. So maybe the week of the 10th?
Yeah, I agree. I believe last year they had their interview around January 10th and didn’t get notice until February 1st. At least that’s what the old forum posts say. So a little under a month.I feel like a lot of schools wait about a month but I’m hoping they’re quicker so we don’t have to wait past the winter holidays where it’d be more delayed.
Yeah, I agree. I believe last year they had their interview around January 10th and didn’t get notice until February 1st. At least that’s what the old forum posts say. So a little under a month.
Thanks for calling them! Did they say if they think it would be towards beginning of December or at the end? I'm just wondering how delayed it would be with winter holidays.I called to see about when we may here a reply to our interviews and I was told that it will December as they are awaiting accreditation news before they notify Interview applicants if their status.
Thanks for calling them! Did they say if they think it would be towards beginning of December or at the end? I'm just wondering how delayed it would be with winter holidays.
No I keep refreshing my emails!Has anyone heard anything about interviews from UTMB?
Nothing yet. But they had today as the deadline so hopefully by the end of the day!Has anyone heard anything about interviews from UTMB?
Me too!Just heard from UTMB!
Has anybody heard from UTHSC San Antonio? Or have any idea when they should get back to everyone if they got an interview or not?
No and I emailed them last Wednesday.Has anyone received a confirmation email for their interview day & time at UTMB?
Yes I got an email from UTHSCSA on November 11th that I got an interview for December 17th. The email also said they are hosting several interview dates this cycle. I submitted my application September 1st.Has anybody heard from UTHSC San Antonio? Or have any idea when they should get back to everyone if they got an interview or not?
I got an email today with a confirmation of the date and time with direction information.Has anyone received a confirmation email for their interview day & time at UTMB?
I have yet to hear back from UTHSC San Antonio about an interview. The only email I've received from them is to confirm that my application has been received and sent to the application review board.Has anybody heard from UTHSC San Antonio? Or have any idea when they should get back to everyone if they got an interview or not?
I guess when they find out about them being able to offer a doctorate program. That’s probably a big reason why. Is Texas Woman’s your first choice?Update from TWU: The decisions aren't going to be available for at least another week. (Their exact words being "definitely not within the next week") But, hey we've waited this long already 😀 What's another month, amirite lol *Sobs quietly
Are they for sure supposed to find out if they gain doctorate status this month?I guess when they find out about them being able to offer a doctorate program. That’s probably a big reason why. Is Texas Woman’s your first choice?
I know on the ACOTE website, it says that Texas Woman’s has a status of applicant right now. But I remember one of the students who walked around with us on the houston tour, that it would probably be one of the main reasons of not telling applicants sooner. Maybe the week before Christmas? What campus did you have an interview at?Are they for sure supposed to find out if they gain doctorate status this month?
Dallas! Ahhh yeah I really hope they let us know before the new year!I know on the ACOTE website, it says that Texas Woman’s has a status of applicant right now. But I remember one of the students who walked around with us on the houston tour, that it would probably be one of the main reasons of not telling applicants sooner. Maybe the week before Christmas? What campus did you have an interview at?
I think they might be in the same boat we all are. So it could be maybe before Christmas, or even January like you said. Crossing my fingers! Really don’t want to get waitlisted.That’s more promising than what I was told over the phone haha! They said January when I called last week so at least you got us some good news! Thanks!!
I asked TWU if they'd have decisions by December 15 because I'm about to go out of town until then (w/out wifi) and they said it's more likely to be after - but how many days after, they don't have a definite answer yet. I wanna be optimistic and hope it's before the holidays :> I'll be sad if it stretches more than a month after the interviewsI think they might be in the same boat we all are. So it could be maybe before Christmas, or even January like you said. Crossing my fingers! Really don’t want to get waitlisted.
Has anybody heard from UTHSC San Antonio? Or have any idea when they should get back to everyone if they got an interview or not?
Just got an email from them with an interview offer for Jan 10th!
I know we are thinking it wont be until January, but is anyone else checking their emails every day just in case?I asked TWU if they'd have decisions by December 15 because I'm about to go out of town until then (w/out wifi) and they said it's more likely to be after - but how many days after, they don't have a definite answer yet. I wanna be optimistic and hope it's before the holidays :> I'll be sad if it stretches more than a month after the interviews
I know we are thinking it wont be until January, but is anyone else checking their emails every day just in case?
Me too!! Every day almost constantly. Any time I hear my email go off, I have a little heart flutter.I’m not sure I have it in me to wait till January lol! Every day I wake up and Check my email, brush my teeth then check my email, eat breakfast and check my email.... you get the point
I haven’t heard from them/called them but it looks like they have a staff holiday starting on the 23rd so if we don’t hear from them by Friday this week I think it’s safe to assume we won’t hear back until JanuaryAnyone have any updates about when we’ll hear back from twu? 🙁
Thanks for letting us know! I’ve called them so many times and was nervous to call againJust FYI TWU folks....today they said that we won't know until 2nd or 3rd week in January. Stressful to keep waiting, but I figured I'd share so that we can all maybe...relax a bit? Enjoy the holidays. Try not to stress about it. *easier said than done lol
Thank you for the update! I appreciate at least knowing something.Just FYI TWU folks....today they said that we won't know until 2nd or 3rd week in January. Stressful to keep waiting, but I figured I'd share so that we can all maybe...relax a bit? Enjoy the holidays. Try not to stress about it. *easier said than done lol
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.