Jan 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'd like to ask if there is anyone who received the dean's merit award (half tuition) from Columbia.
Would you know if it is applicable for both the first and second year ?
"disbursed between two years of enrollment"
I think it's for both, cuz it's half tuition award.

Reactions: Dr.debby
Nov 20, 2018
Lol just finally heard back from UNC! Didn't get in, but I already accepted JHU's offer so that's fine with me.

Apr 4, 2019
Status
Academic Administration
Just got waitlisted for Harvard 45 Health management.. I applied only at two schools Harvard and Johns Hopkins.

I already have an acceptance from Johns Hopkins but Harvard was my first choice
I also got wait listed at Harvard for their 45 HCM program! Have you heard of any updates from that group my any chance?

Feb 20, 2019
Status
Does anyone know how to reply to Yale on their portal?

Sep 13, 2018
Does anyone know how to access to Tulane admission portal if they have it? I want to decline Tulane admission offer but I can't find it anywhere...

Oct 25, 2018
Feb 20, 2019
Status
OP
E
Dec 21, 2017
Status
Does anyone know how to access to Tulane admission portal if they have it? I want to decline Tulane admission offer but I can't find it anywhere...
I couldn't find it in the portal, so I went to their acceptance email which had a link!

Feb 22, 2018
I had the opportunity to visit UIC last week and was super impressed! I made a very last minute decision to just show up to the school since I was in town, and despite not having an appointment or anything I got a tour and the student coordinator sat down with me for about 45 minutes and answered any and all of my questions.

It's a small program fro Epi, but it seems like there are a ton of RA positions if you want one, and a lot come with tuition waivers! They also seem really focused on field epi, which is where my interests lie. Just wanted to give my two cents since I was really impressed with them!

Jan 21, 2019
Anyone committing to a school without receiving any grants/aid other than loans? Two of my schools haven’t even awarded aid yet and the others only gave me federal loans.

Apr 10, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm applying for my MPH later this year and have gotten a lot of good advice from this thread, so thank you!

I'm really interested in Columbia and saw the posts about the 50% and 100% tuition waivers earlier and wanted to clarify: is this the same as the Dean's merit scholarship? Or are there many different scholarships that people are referring to?

Feb 20, 2019
Status
Hi everyone! I'm applying for my MPH later this year and have gotten a lot of good advice from this thread, so thank you!

I'm really interested in Columbia and saw the posts about the 50% and 100% tuition waivers earlier and wanted to clarify: is this the same as the Dean's merit scholarship? Or are there many different scholarships that people are referring to?
I had a different 50% one, mentioned in my signature below, which will hopefully be soon reallocated!

Reactions: krequals10
Dec 17, 2018
Jan 26, 2019
Status
Hi everyone! I am having so much trouble deciding between an MS in Global Health from UCSF and an MPH with a global health/epi focus from BU. BU gave me a 30% scholarship, while UCSF has only given me loans, and they're still pretty comparable in price anyways. Every time I speak with people about it, it seems UCSF carries so much weight through its name, which BU doesn't seem to have as much, but I just don't know how an MS would really play out in looking for jobs in the field. I honestly would really love any thoughts about why an MS would be more beneficial than an MPH, or vice versa. Any advice? My ultimate goal is to go to medical school, but do want to make sure that I can also work in the public health/global health sector in the future, with or without an MD. I'm also highly interested in women's health, mental health, barriers to access, and infectious disease, if that helps! Thank y'all so much for your help!

Sep 23, 2018
Although Emory wins at hospitality, friendliness and open communication with their students via webinars and emails, because that is what I could access only as an international student, my exact research interests were fulfilled by JHU. I do get the impression the program is very tough and condensed, while Emory's timeline seems to provide a breather, but my academic interests are best served at Hopkins.
Thank you so much for your support and input these past few months, guys. I wish you the best in whatever you choose and may we all succeed. Amen.
(Now onto loans and visa issues... )

Oct 3, 2018
Hey there! Have you thought about which program you would accept regardless of the name or ranking that it has? Also think about the location (if it matters to you) and network that you would ultimately get out of those programs. They both seem like great programs, I would also reach out to current students that have similar interests as you and ask them why they preferred an MS over an MPH or vice versa in this case.

To everyone else: Hope y’all are doing good and stay hydrated! This decision process is almost over!

Hi everyone! I am having so much trouble deciding between an MS in Global Health from UCSF and an MPH with a global health/epi focus from BU. BU gave me a 30% scholarship, while UCSF has only given me loans, and they're still pretty comparable in price anyways. Every time I speak with people about it, it seems UCSF carries so much weight through its name, which BU doesn't seem to have as much, but I just don't know how an MS would really play out in looking for jobs in the field. I honestly would really love any thoughts about why an MS would be more beneficial than an MPH, or vice versa. Any advice? My ultimate goal is to go to medical school, but do want to make sure that I can also work in the public health/global health sector in the future, with or without an MD. I'm also highly interested in women's health, mental health, barriers to access, and infectious disease, if that helps! Thank y'all so much for your help!

Jan 17, 2019
Anyone committing to a school without receiving any grants/aid other than loans? Two of my schools haven’t even awarded aid yet and the others only gave me federal loans.
Most people, yes!

Mar 20, 2018
Do you have global health experience? If not, which program allows you to do your internship/practicum abroad, ideally with funding? Have you had a chance to talk to alumni from both programs - if so, are they doing things that you are interested in? Employers for the most part put MS/MPH/MSPH in the same category - what's more important is your relevant experience in the field. If you ultimate goal is to go to medical school, it doesn't matter much where you get your master's degree- I would say go for the cheapest option since you will have to pay for med school down the road anyway.

Jun 5, 2018
I'm debating between two school's right now. I have not received any scholarships or anything.

I got into GW for Environmental Health Science and Policy. I also got into Rutgers BUT only for the population health certificate program. How the program works is that you have to complete 15 credits within two years with an overall GPA 3.0 and then reapply to the MPH program so basically 1 year + 1 gap year? + 1 year. I'm not highly enthusiastic about that option since I don't feel like it is guaranteed if I get into the program or not.

I have done some research on GW, but would like to hear more information. I'm also not really sure about the fact that GW has evening classes. Does Rutger's also have evening classes or are the classes more available during the day?

Any opinions/things you have heard about either school? I really would like some advice about what to do.

Feb 20, 2019
Status
I'm debating between two school's right now. I have not received any scholarships or anything.

I got into GW for Environmental Health Science and Policy. I also got into Rutgers BUT only for the population health certificate program. How the program works is that you have to complete 15 credits within two years with an overall GPA 3.0 and then reapply to the MPH program so basically 1 year + 1 gap year? + 1 year. I'm not highly enthusiastic about that option since I don't feel like it is guaranteed if I get into the program or not.

I have done some research on GW, but would like to hear more information. I'm also not really sure about the fact that GW has evening classes. Does Rutger's also have evening classes or are the classes more available during the day?

Any opinions/things you have heard about either school? I really would like some advice about what to do.
Depending on what you want to do, GW's location is really hard to beat. There are SO many opportunities in DC!

Feb 20, 2019
Status
It sounds like through UCSF you know exactly what you'd be getting from the program. Their medical school is also amazing!!!!

Mar 4, 2019
City comparisons: New York, Atlanta, D.C.
Anyone know which is best for the field of public health and securing work afterwards? I’m interested in Global Health and Epidemiology.

Feb 20, 2019
Status
Sooo I was pretty set on Yale, but then Columbia offered me half tuition. I’m extremely grateful to have both of these as viable options but now I’m unsure of what to do. I really like both programs!

Anyone have any thoughts on Yale vs. Columbia?
Columbia's program is much bigger, with perhaps easier access to internships. Yale's is smaller (~30/cohort?), which could mean closer mentorship/research connections. Their locations are very different. I'd suggest visiting if you can. They also rank differently, if that has any impact for you. Cost of living in NYC will likely be higher than New Haven, as well. I personally prefer the Yale campus over any other campus, it's so beautiful!

Reactions: JDGBruin1317
Apr 2, 2018
Status
City comparisons: New York, Atlanta, D.C.
Anyone know which is best for the field of public health and securing work afterwards? I’m interested in Global Health and Epidemiology.

It depends on what your more specific goals are. Atlanta considers itself the "Public Health capital of the world." The CDC is based there, as well as many other public health organizations (I think Emory's website lists out a bunch of them.)

D.C has a lot of higher-order, policy type opportunities (for obvious reasons). If you want to work in policy related to global health and epidemiology (maybe something involving federal programs around the world), it would be a great opportunity.

I don't know as much about the opportunities in New York, but it's New York. There's a ton of everything there, so I'm sure there would be plenty of opportunity if you know where to look (and I'm sure whichever program in New York you're looking at would help push you in the right direction.)

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them, but the best choice probably depends on your specific ambitions.

Dec 14, 2018
Columbia's program is much bigger, with perhaps easier access to internships. Yale's is smaller (~30/cohort?), which could mean closer mentorship/research connections. Their locations are very different. I'd suggest visiting if you can. They also rank differently, if that has any impact for you. Cost of living in NYC will likely be higher than New Haven, as well. I personally prefer the Yale campus over any other campus, it's so beautiful!
Thanks so much for your input! I actually did visit Yale, and I loved it. I just wish I was able to attend Columbia’s Admitted Students Day so I could make an equal comparison!

Was anyone able to attend and willing to give me some of the highlights? One of the big things that stuck with me about Yale was it sounded like a lot of students were able to find campus jobs pretty easy and secured pretty substantial funding by holding TF positions that helped offset costs. I thought I read somewhere that TA and RA positions at Columbia were a bit more difficult to obtain. Does anyone know if that’s true?

Also thanks in advance for listening to me babble! Will definitely be making some pro/con lists tonight and through the weekend!

Nov 24, 2018
Guys I need help!!! I was recently informed by Rutgers’ MPH program that I was awarded the 21st Century Scholarship which equates to $10,000 for the first year and the rest will be the standard in state tuition price. While I appreciate the offer, my heart is set on Brown University and their MPH program cause of the great student to faculty ratio, research opportunities, ability to gain coveted internships and overall prestige. Even though Brown also gave me a scholarship, with its private institution costs it’s just so much more expensive compared to Rutgers. My question is: if I know I will succeed in Brown is it worth accepting that ofter even though I’ll tack on more debt than if I went to Rutgers?

Feb 18, 2019
Hey everyone! I have a very tough decision to make between 2 schools. I got into UIC Epi program, however I got no financial aid, it is 26k per year for tuition but almost guaranteed RA/TAship for school. I also got into SLU epi but with the low rankings I wasn't going to go until I got 37k research apprenticeship there. Any input would be great!

Feb 18, 2019
Guys I need help!!! I was recently informed by Rutgers’ MPH program that I was awarded the 21st Century Scholarship which equates to $10,000 for the first year and the rest will be the standard in state tuition price. While I appreciate the offer, my heart is set on Brown University and their MPH program cause of the great student to faculty ratio, research opportunities, ability to gain coveted internships and overall prestige. Even though Brown also gave me a scholarship, with its private institution costs it’s just so much more expensive compared to Rutgers. My question is: if I know I will succeed in Brown is it worth accepting that ofter even though I’ll tack on more debt than if I went to Rutgers?
Are you currently in any debt? If it's crazy amount of debt, is it worth it? I'm in the same pickle. Maybe the question we should ask is if you'd will regret the debt or missing out on going to your dream school.

Mar 20, 2018
Sooo I was pretty set on Yale, but then Columbia offered me half tuition. I’m extremely grateful to have both of these as viable options but now I’m unsure of what to do. I really like both programs!

Anyone have any thoughts on Yale vs. Columbia?
I got a chance to visit both of them- here are what I've gathered (current students - please correct me If I am wrong):

On Epidemiology training - Columbia teaches SAS. Yale is transitioning to R (at least for Biostats - which is super cool). Yale will have an online session for people who don't have coding experience to get familiar with it.

On class size: Even though the overall cohort at Columbia is much bigger, the Core classes will be huge at both programs regardless. Size varies depending on electives. At Columbia, they break the class down into cohorts of about 20 people for a leadership training/case-based discussion course - this is one way they do to make the school seems smaller. The cool thing is that this cohort includes people from all departments.

On curriculum: At Columbia, you will take classes from your home department and through your certificate program - all of them are with Mailman. I think you can register for classes at other schools too but overall, there are not much space to take courses outside of your "major" and certificate. At Yale, students can take classes at any other schools (law, school of management, undergraduate, etc.) and count them toward the MPH degree, as along as it is health related. This seems to be the strength of Yale but personally, I think it's strange that the school of public health itself does not have a lot of classes to offer. For example, they will start having a GIS course for the first time next semester :-/

On work/research opportunities: At Columbia, most TA/RA jobs are reserved for second-year students. At Yale, you can start right away. You can also work as a teacher fellow for undergraduate courses. Overall, I think students at both schools have plenty of opportunities to get involved in research + getting published. Anyhow, it is New York vs. New Haven - one has so much more to offer when it comes to off-campus internships.

On practicum funding: Columbia gives a default amount of funding for every student but they don't seem to have extra funding beside that. Some students still get extra funding through faculty's grants. At Yale, I don't think there are any default funding but you can apply for any fellowship/funding at Yale (outside of the school of public health) to support your practicum

On career services: Both are decent but the director of career services at Columbia just blew my mind- she really goes out of her way to get opportunities for students. I received so many useful resources from her just from a 5-minute conversation and one email exchange. Job outcomes from both programs seem decent.

Overall students from both programs seem to be very happy with their experience - both are solid programs and have a lot to offer. The culture is very different though- do you want a nurturing experience or a "hustly-bustly" (did I just make up that word) experience?

Dec 14, 2018
I got a chance to visit both of them- here are what I've gathered (current students - please correct me If I am wrong):

On Epidemiology training - Columbia teaches SAS. Yale is transitioning to R (at least for Biostats - which is super cool). Yale will have an online session for people who don't have coding experience to get familiar with it.

On class size: Even though the overall cohort at Columbia is much bigger, the Core classes will be huge at both programs regardless. Size varies depending on electives. At Columbia, they break the class down into cohorts of about 20 people for a leadership training/case-based discussion course - this is one way they do to make the school seems smaller. The cool thing is that this cohort includes people from all departments.

On curriculum: At Columbia, you will take classes from your home department and through your certificate program - all of them are with Mailman. I think you can register for classes at other schools too but overall, there are not much space to take courses outside of your "major" and certificate. At Yale, students can take classes at any other schools (law, school of management, undergraduate, etc.) and count them toward the MPH degree, as along as it is health related. This seems to be the strength of Yale but personally, I think it's strange that the school of public health itself does not have a lot of classes to offer. For example, they will start having a GIS course for the first time next semester :-/

On work/research opportunities: At Columbia, most TA/RA jobs are reserved for second-year students. At Yale, you can start right away. You can also work as a teacher fellow for undergraduate courses. Overall, I think students at both schools have plenty of opportunities to get involved in research + getting published. Anyhow, it is New York vs. New Haven - one has so much more to offer when it comes to off-campus internships.

On practicum funding: Columbia gives a default amount of funding for every student but they don't seem to have extra funding beside that. Some students still get extra funding through faculty's grants. At Yale, I don't think there are any default funding but you can apply for any fellowship/funding at Yale (outside of the school of public health) to support your practicum

On career services: Both are decent but the director of career services at Columbia just blew my mind- she really goes out of her way to get opportunities for students. I received so many useful resources from her just from a 5-minute conversation and one email exchange. Job outcomes from both programs seem decent.

Overall students from both programs seem to be very happy with their experience - both are solid programs and have a lot to offer. The culture is very different though- do you want a nurturing experience or a "hustly-bustly" (did I just make up that word) experience?
Thank you so much! This is super thorough and helpful! I was afraid I’d get lost in the mix at Columbia but it’s great to know some classes are relatively small.

When you heard from students at Columbia, did they mention the likelihood of getting a GRA position your second year? Is it competetive?

Feb 23, 2019
Hi everyone! I have committed to Columbia and am considering living on campus at the graduate housing there. Does anyone have any insight on living on campus? Pros/cons?

Reactions: rosed.stone
Nov 22, 2018
Just solidified my commitment to Emory after receiving additional aid. Tough choice considering I live in Berkeley (in-state)!

Feb 6, 2019
Status
Hey! Any insights on Columbia vs. Hopkins?

I would ideally like to work in either Health Policy or Management and would ideally like to do bits of both.

I visited both student days and very much felt the difference in terms of Columbia being more business focused (more for me) and Hopkins very medical - but also very strong in Policy. I also felt Hopkins was more 'academic' in general and would provide stronger hard skills.

Its also 2yrs vs 1yr for Hopkins which is making me want to choose Hopkins over Columbia.

Any insights on deciding between these 2?

Any help is appreciated!

Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone! The deadline is fast approaching and I have yet to make a decision so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am deciding between UMich (Global Disease Epidemiology) and Columbia (MPH w/ certificate in Global Health). Future plans are undecided, ranging from MD to PhD to working as epidemiologist for the CDC etc.

Pros and cons for each:

UMICH:
Pros: larger alumni network, ability to collaborate with other strong schools (business, medicine, etc), cheaper COL, specific program
Cons: not as "prestigious" of a name to those outside of public health, in a smaller city, weather

COLUMBIA:
Pros: NYC w/ many opportunities for internships, better "name", closer to home, small cohorts
Cons: COL, heard that the school is shabby and outdated, facilities not as nice

These schools gave me the same amount of money in aid so the difference in cost is only housing. I am having issues finding more info about them since I was unable to visit either for admitted students day. Could anyone provide more insight? I know TA/RA positions are reserved for 2nd years at Columbia but what about at Michigan? Is one program better than the other in preparing students?? Any advice greatly appreciated!!

OP
E
Dec 21, 2017
Status
Although I am really confident in my decision in which school I want to attend, I'm still VERY nervous for some reason to accept my offer and decline the others. Does anyone have any advice???
I was very confident when I started declining schools that I knew I wasn’t considering, but once it came down to my final three - it was really hard to actually click the “submit” button bc I was afraid I might start second guessing myself.

I actually waited to accept my offer until I declined all other ones. BUT I think if you’re really confident, you shouldn't try worry yourself more

My partner gave me the advise, that no program will ever be absolutely perfect, so as long as you’re excited and confident in your decision why keep tempting yourself with last minute back and forth?

OP
E
Dec 21, 2017
Status
Are you currently in any debt? If it's crazy amount of debt, is it worth it? I'm in the same pickle. Maybe the question we should ask is if you'd will regret the debt or missing out on going to your dream school.
^i second this question! I think if you’re heart is set on a school, you may find yourself “regretting” not going and as long as you’re comfortable doing it it might be worth it. A lot of people do have to take out money for master’s, but there should definitely be a limit to how much bc it isn’t the highest paying job.

I went into the app cycle thinking that I’d have to take out the entire COA in loans, and was shocked to be offered funding from programs. I still really considered a program that would have cost me ~60-70K while my other options were significantly cheaper bc I really liked it.

At the end of the day, I ultimately opted for a program that will still cost me a pretty penny more than it’s competitor bc I saw myself thinking “what if” more if I went to the other program based on the pro/con list I had made.

OP
E
Dec 21, 2017
Status
Hi everyone! The deadline is fast approaching and I have yet to make a decision so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

I am deciding between UMich (Global Disease Epidemiology) and Columbia (MPH w/ certificate in Global Health). Future plans are undecided, ranging from MD to PhD to working as epidemiologist for the CDC etc.

Pros and cons for each:

UMICH:
Pros: larger alumni network, ability to collaborate with other strong schools (business, medicine, etc), cheaper COL, specific program
Cons: not as "prestigious" of a name to those outside of public health, in a smaller city, weather

COLUMBIA:
Pros: NYC w/ many opportunities for internships, better "name", closer to home, small cohorts
Cons: COL, heard that the school is shabby and outdated, facilities not as nice

These schools gave me the same amount of money in aid so the difference in cost is only housing. I am having issues finding more info about them since I was unable to visit either for admitted students day. Could anyone provide more insight? I know TA/RA positions are reserved for 2nd years at Columbia but what about at Michigan? Is one program better than the other in preparing students?? Any advice greatly appreciated!!
I didn’t apply to Columbia for personal reasons, so unfortunately I don’t know too much about it!

But I will be attending UM so I can speak about it generally (bc I will be a different department)!

I would argue that UM is actually a pretty well respected name in general. It has really strong graduate programs (I believe most are ranked within the top 10 for their respective field?) and its one of the best public universities in the US for undergrad recognition/prestige (sorry i did undergrad at another public uni, so I know this random fact). I think Columbia still ranks better, but UM is still well respected!

At admitted student day, a lot of students spoke about having research positions with faculty! UM does have GSI/GSRA positions (provides tuition reimbursement) but those are harder to come across as they’re mostly reserved for PhD students in SPH, but students mentioned being able to secure at the undergraduate. Unfortunately, I’ve heard most positions like these are posted the semester before, and fill pretty quickly. So if you’re looking to work in Fall, you may need to take up an hourly position.

I’d be happy to pas along other general facts from their admit day via PM! There’s also another webinar tomorrow from Kristen McCarthy and a current student I believe? They sent an email this am!

Aug 29, 2018
Although I am really confident in my decision in which school I want to attend, I'm still VERY nervous for some reason to accept my offer and decline the others. Does anyone have any advice???
I accepted the offer to the school I picked on a Friday, then gave myself the weekend to allow it to sink in and see if I had any major regrets. Then the next Monday/Tuesday I officially rejected the other 2 offers I was mulling over. I figured if for some reason I totally regretted it, I would only be out a few hundred bucks. I think no matter what though, it's a nerve-wracking thing! But trust yourself and the decision that you've made.

Jan 15, 2019
Is there anyone who has declined their offer to Harvard in favor of another school that is technically ranked "lower"? I am really struggling to make that final decision. My gut is pushing me towards Emory - they gave me a hefty scholarship, I really liked the Atlanta area, and the strong ties to the CDC are a plus. I do have genuine reasons (beyond simply financials) that make me feel like Harvard might not be right for me (program seems fairly rushed, I get the vibe that the curriculum is more content-based and has more of a research focus than a practical focus [I am not planning to pursue a PhD right away]). But even with my gut telling me Harvard isn't the right move, I haven't been able to bring myself to decline it yet. It seems like everyone who was accepted plans to go - no matter how much money they were offered - and I worry maybe I am making the wrong move by not doing it for the name/network... Is anyone else feeling similarly or does anyone have any insight on how you made your decision??

Reactions: #notadoctor

wwmmkk

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2016
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Is there anyone who has declined their offer to Harvard in favor of another school that is technically ranked "lower"? I am really struggling to make that final decision. My gut is pushing me towards Emory - they gave me a hefty scholarship, I really liked the Atlanta area, and the strong ties to the CDC are a plus. I do have genuine reasons (beyond simply financials) that make me feel like Harvard might not be right for me (program seems fairly rushed, I get the vibe that the curriculum is more content-based and has more of a research focus than a practical focus [I am not planning to pursue a PhD right away]). But even with my gut telling me Harvard isn't the right move, I haven't been able to bring myself to decline it yet. It seems like everyone who was accepted plans to go - no matter how much money they were offered - and I worry maybe I am making the wrong move by not doing it for the name/network... Is anyone else feeling similarly or does anyone have any insight on how you made your decision??
For a lot of applicants and students, for a lot of complicated reasons, name and rank mean a lot. But often, once you're in the field, very few people actually care that much. More care about what skills you have, what you accomplished during your program, and how prepared you are to do work contributing to the issue you care about. So if Emory is going to give you all of that for less money, don't second guess yourself!

oacljv

5+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2014
Just my 2 cents, but in your position, I would 100% go with Emory. While there are definitely some people who are impressed by Ivy League names, these aren't the people who are going to be hiring you. And it sounds like Emory will give you more opportunities to build your resume, which is something that people hiring you WILL be looking at.

Nov 20, 2018
Hey! Any insights on Columbia vs. Hopkins?

I would ideally like to work in either Health Policy or Management and would ideally like to do bits of both.

I visited both student days and very much felt the difference in terms of Columbia being more business focused (more for me) and Hopkins very medical - but also very strong in Policy. I also felt Hopkins was more 'academic' in general and would provide stronger hard skills.

Its also 2yrs vs 1yr for Hopkins which is making me want to choose Hopkins over Columbia.

Any insights on deciding between these 2?

Any help is appreciated!
I chose Hopkins so i'm a little biased - the one year program is *huge* for me. It's less time out of the workforce and a huge immersion into the experience. I've started emailing faculty whose research I'm interested in and they have all responded within 12 hours which is crazy to me. I've heard great things about the hard skills you learn at Hopkins and also CoL is cheaper in Baltimore than NYC. Just my two cents!