MPH 2020: Applied, Accepted, Rejected, Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm getting so antsy with seeing all these UNC acceptances -- also sooo happy for you all! Starting the new year off right :D

Did anyone else apply to UNC for EQUITY/has anyone heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!! When did your application go under review? Been nearly a month since I submitted mine for nutrition, which isn't that long and they said 4-6 weeks, but so did the other schools I've been accepted to. I've seen a handful of acceptances and I'm just getting antsy haha

Um, I submitted the SOPHAS app on 29Nov19, the supplemental UNC application on 02Dec19, and then accepted on 19Dec19.

So it was a REALLY quick turnaround (surprising, I know).

No word on financial aid though (wish I hear back soon), but I'm an NC resident, so it'll likely be my cheapest option :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm getting so antsy with seeing all these UNC acceptances -- also sooo happy for you all! Starting the new year off right :D

Did anyone else apply to UNC for EQUITY/has anyone heard back?

I applied for EQUITY and haven’t heard anything either :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, I submitted the SOPHAS app on 29Nov19, the supplemental UNC application on 02Dec19, and then accepted on 19Dec19.

So it was a REALLY quick turnaround (surprising, I know).

No word on financial aid though (wish I hear back soon), but I'm an NC resident, so it'll likely be my cheapest option :)

Interesting. I submitted my SOPHAS around 08Nov, supplemental on 26Nov, but it wasn't verified until Dec12 (had to wait on a transcript that took FOREVER). I know they were out for the holidays so it hasn't been all that long factoring that in, but I feel like they should be getting to it soon... I wonder if they just get back to in-state applicants quicker? I'm from Texas and UT Houston called me w/ an acceptance less than 24 hours after my application was received. I was SHOCKED. PS you are so lucky you're a resident of NC-- part of me wants to go to UT because it's the cheapest, but they don't offer a nutrition program. I'm torn!

Interesting. I submitted my SOPHAS around 08Nov, supplemental on 26Nov, but it wasn't verified until Dec12 (had to wait on a transcript that took FOREVER). I know they were out for the holidays so it hasn't been all that long factoring that in, but I feel like they should be getting to it soon... I wonder if they just get back to in-state applicants quicker? I'm from Texas and UT Houston called me w/ an acceptance less than 24 hours after my application was received. I was SHOCKED. PS you are so lucky you're a resident of NC-- part of me wants to go to UT because it's the cheapest, but they don't offer a nutrition program. I'm torn!

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they did mine so quickly. Hopefully you hear back soon!

And that is unfortunate that they don't have a nutrition program. Best of luck! Hopefully somewhere with a nutrition program will offer you some money.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they did mine so quickly. Hopefully you hear back soon!

And that is unfortunate that they don't have a nutrition program. Best of luck! Hopefully somewhere with a nutrition program will offer you some money.
Crossing my fingers! I hope you hear back about financial aid from UNC soon :)

I was accepted to Yale on 12/19 and they said they would get back to me in 10 days regarding financial aid but I have not heard back yet. Have others who were accepted on this date heard back? Thank you!
Congrats on your acceptance! I was accepted the same day and heard back 12/23 regarding my scholarship. What program did you apply to?

Has anyone heard back from Michigan yet? Or have an estimated date when we should hear back from them? I submitted for HCM and was confirmed 11/20.

Has anyone heard back from Michigan yet? Or have an estimated date when we should hear back from them? I submitted for HCM and was confirmed 11/20.
I have my interview with them tomorrow and was going to ask about the timeline. I’ll post what they say!

I got an email acceptance from the University of Illinois at Chicago today for MPH! My application was received on 11/25.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know when Uni of Washington, UCSF and UCSD release their decisions?

Do you guys know when Uni of Washington, UCSF and UCSD release their decisions?

I heard Washington releases mid Feb, UCSF depends I think. There should be an interview for UCSF.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone who sent an updated transcript to schools let me know the process? Did you update via SOPHAS and then mail a new official transcript to the SOPHAS office? Thanks!

Congrats on your acceptance! I was accepted the same day and heard back 12/23 regarding my scholarship. What program did you apply to?

Thank you! I was accepted to EMD. What is your program?

Wow congrats! I applied to the same program in October, when did you apply and how did they notify you? If there is a portal I haven't gotten an email for it.

I applied in early December and was notified by email.

Just got into Yale for SBS!
Congratulations!! Very happy for you :) On a side note, has anyone who applied to HPM received their admissions result from Yale? If so, when did you apply?

Congratulations!! Very happy for you :) On a side note, has anyone who applied to HPM received their admissions result from Yale? If so, when did you apply?
I applied to health care management and haven’t heard back yet about a decision, but I applied end of November and they emailed me on December 9th saying it was under review if that’s helpful!

I applied to health care management and haven’t heard back yet about a decision, but I applied end of November and they emailed me on December 9th saying it was under review if that’s helpful!
I see! Maybe they're releasing results in batches based on your concentration (SBS, HPM, etc.). Applied December 1st on the dot but haven't gotten anything from them yet!

OOPS, scratch what i just said! Just got into Yale MPH in HPM! :)

Reactions: 7 users

I too applied to their HCM concentration. I am hoping to hear back today, but we shall see! Best of luck!

I too applied to their HCM concentration. I am hoping to hear back today, but we shall see! Best of luck!
I applied around the same time as you to Health Policy, maybe we'll hear next Thursday? It seems like they send decisions out for like 45 minutes on Thursdays, but I am hoping no news is good news, I don't know why they would wait around to send me a rejection LOL, but we'll see!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied around the same time as you to Health Policy, maybe we'll hear next Thursday? It seems like they send decisions out for like 45 minutes on Thursdays, but I am hoping no news is good news, I don't know why they would wait around to send me a rejection LOL, but we'll see!

Indeed! My application went under review on December 02, 2019 so I’m hoping to hear back within the next 1-2 weeks. Seems like the SBS and EMD concentration informs applicants a lot sooner than HCM, HPM, etc.

Just did my interview for Michigan. The professor I talked to said they review apps every week and said that she needs to review around 25 more before tomorrow....Maybe that means that we'll here back tomorrow or next week!

Just got into Yale for Environmental Health Science!

Reactions: 9 users
Got accepted to Yale today! (1/9)

Reactions: 9 users
I just received an email from Columbia saying that they indadvertedly sent me an invite for an interview. Apparently accelerated MPH students don’t need to take this interview. Not really sure what to think about this.

But they did confirm in the email that decisions will be sent out before the end of the month!

Reactions: 5 users
congrats to everyone who heard back from yale!! here’s hoping for more good news for all of us next thursday :)

Reactions: 7 users
That's exciting to hear! Do you think this applies to all MPH applicants? Would you mind sharing when you applied? Thanks so much.

I just received an email from Columbia saying that they indadvertedly sent me an invite for an interview. Apparently accelerated MPH students don’t need to take this interview. Not really sure what to think about this.

But they did confirm in the email that decisions will be sent out before the end of the month!

Does anyone know at what point to contact the institution regarding financial aid packages? is this traditionally done after receiving admission?

Congrats Yale folks! I received an email from GWU admitting me to the Communications and Marketing track today, so that admissions office may also be sending acceptances soon!

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to all those getting acceptances from Yale. Are these decisions for MPH program or for MS too? I applied to MS in Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases. Haven’t heard back from them yet!

Congratulations to all those getting acceptances from Yale. Are these decisions for MPH program or for MS too? I applied to MS in Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases. Haven’t heard back from them yet!
Mine was MPH in SBS!

Just did my interview for Michigan. The professor I talked to said they review apps every week and said that she needs to review around 25 more before tomorrow....Maybe that means that we'll here back tomorrow or next week!

Did she say anything about when decisions will be given? I didn't think they would start yet since the hard deadline is 1/15!

Did she say anything about when decisions will be given? I didn't think they would start yet since the hard deadline is 1/15!
I saw last year that some people heard back on the Friday, January 11th. So I thought that maybe she was hinting that it was coming out this Friday but it could still be a long way. She said that decisions are released on a rolling basis. Maybe they'll be like Yale and release decisions every other week. It's also possible that different departments have different timelines. This professor read my application and was interested in having me in the Global Health and Health Management and Policy certificate program, which has a smaller cohort size. So, maybe that particular program is running on a different timeline. Hopefully we all get good news soon!

Last edited:
I saw last year that some people heard back on the Friday, January 11th. So I thought that maybe she was hinting that it was coming out this Friday but it could still be a long way. She said that decisions are released on a rolling basis. Maybe they'll be like Yale and release decisions every other week. It's also possible that different departments have different timelines. This professor read my application and was interested in having me in the Global Health and Health Management and Policy certificate program, which has a smaller cohort size. So, maybe that particular program is running on a different timeline. Hopefully we all get good news soon!

Different programs do have different timelines, but I figured decisions would not be out until like March because HMP has an actual deadline. I'm a Michigan native so this is the one I'm really eager to hear from. Thank you for the update, definitely hoping we hear soon!

Me too