Oct 8, 2019
How soon does it take to hear back from Yale regarding scholarships? Is it 10 days or longer usually?
I'm still waiting, but when I asked I was told I should hear back within 10 days of my acceptance.

Dec 7, 2019
Status
Other Health Professions Student
For those who have been admitted to Michigan's MPH programs (I got into General Epi): admissions let me know that "the scholarship committee will likely meet regarding scholarship decisions in mid-January" and that if I haven't heard back by late January/early February it would be fine to reach out. I was admitted 12/13, so that might differ for those who have been admitted more recently.

I still haven't heard back from Columbia, BU, or GWU. I know Columbia and BU will likely be later responses, but I'm surprised GWU hasn't notified me yet. Would it be appropriate to reach out?

About the Ads
Dec 7, 2019
Status
Hello! Does anyone know about this 75% scholarship for the second year at Johns Hopkins for the MSPH? Is that guaranteed if you work for JHU? If that's the case, are jobs that make you eligible for this scholarship hard to get? Really I don't know anything about it, but it makes a really big difference
In my acceptance letter, all it says is that in the second year of your program you will receive the 75% tuition scholarship as long as you are registered as a full-time student and maintain good academic performance. I don't believe you need to have a job with them, but maybe being an RA may supplement the remainder of tuition costs?

Reactions: memphisredvale
Dec 13, 2019
Status
anyone applying to USF (South Florida) and heard back? I received a call saying they reviewed my application but wanted me to call back to chat. Not sure what that means but at least it’s not a flat out rejection.

Reactions: shuney
Aug 23, 2019
Status
Non-Student
Has anyone heard from Maryland yet? I know not many are applying there, but I'm in-state, so really hoping to get in!

I was also accepted to USF recently which is super affordable, but doesn't really compare with JHU or GW since I could attend at least some courses there in-person (I'm definitely more of an in-person learner). UMD seems to hit that middle ground nicely. Hoping I won't just have to pick the least expensive option, but obviously can't just go to the more expensive schools without reason!

Aug 23, 2019
Status
Non-Student
anyone applying to USF (South Florida) and heard back? I received a call saying they reviewed my application but wanted me to call back to chat. Not sure what that means but at least it’s not a flat out rejection.
Was just accepted to USF last week for Epi!

Reactions: jayecee
Oct 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Welp, got my first rejection from Yale SPH - HCM. Kind of expected so not a huge bummer. On to the next!

Feb 12, 2019
Has anyone heard from Maryland yet? I know not many are applying there, but I'm in-state, so really hoping to get in!
I haven’t heard from Maryland since I got the application under review email on 11/15. In the email they did say “although the review process differs by department, on average application review may take up to 6-8 weeks from the priority deadline.” Since their priority deadline was 12/13 I’m thinking it will be awhile.

Reactions: shuney
Dec 4, 2019
Status
In at NYU for Public Health Policy with $40k scholarship!!!

Nov 13, 2019
Status
Accepted at NYU for Public Health Policy and Management with scholarship! My application went under review on 11/15.

About the Ads

fsch500

2+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2017
Status
Just emailed Columbia and received a reply that the admissions team is shooting to send out the first wave of results in mid February. Seems like we’ll have to wait a while!

Nov 11, 2019
Status
Non-Student
Just emailed Columbia and received a reply that the admissions team is shooting to send out the first wave of results in mid February. Seems like we’ll have to wait a while!
Thanks for sharing! Was this for a specific department or school-wide?

fsch500

2+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2017
Status
Thanks for sharing! Was this for a specific department or school-wide?
Seems to be school wide since I didn’t specify that I was from HPM!

Reactions: #godogs

uk__med

2+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
JHU has my application forever and I wish they would go ahead and admit me or reject me. Seriously, it's been since November 18!

Oct 4, 2019
Good morning! Has anyone heard about scholarship, fafsa, or anything else related to finances at UNC? Any info would be appreciated!

Aug 29, 2019
Good morning! Has anyone heard about scholarship, fafsa, or anything else related to finances at UNC? Any info would be appreciated!
I emailed them yesterday about it, Ill post when I hear back.

About the Ads
Dec 17, 2019
Status
Non-Student
How long did people wait for Yale to reply?

Reactions: monkeym8
Dec 12, 2019
Status
For those already accepted to Michigan, have you received financial aid information yet? I was accepted in mid December and have not heard back regarding aid.

Aug 23, 2019
Status
Non-Student
I haven’t heard from Maryland since I got the application under review email on 11/15. In the email they did say “although the review process differs by department, on average application review may take up to 6-8 weeks from the priority deadline.” Since their priority deadline was 12/13 I’m thinking it will be awhile.
True, I'm just so impatient!! Lol

Good luck to you!

Reactions: Mimizz
Nov 13, 2019
Status
SOPHAS is doing a virtual grad school fair tomorrow through CareerEco. I don't remember why I started receiving emails from them, it may have been through SOPHAS, but for anyone who isn't aware it may help with some financial aid and other questions to sign up and chat with your specific schools! It is a lot faster than waiting for emails. I participated in the fall and found it really convenient and user friendly.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019
Status
Nov 12, 2019
Status
For those already accepted to Michigan, have you received financial aid information yet? I was accepted in mid December and have not heard back regarding aid.
I have not heard anything either! Someone posted on the Facebook page that we would most likely receive this information in February or March.

Dec 13, 2019
Status
Just accepted to USF!

Oct 14, 2019
Status
About the Ads
Dec 3, 2019
Status
I was accepted for the Healthcare Management program!

How long after admission to Yale did you hear about your scholarship?

cookiemonster333

2+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Within 10 days which is what the email said. If you don’t hear within 10 days you probably just didn’t get a scholarship...just call the office directly and ask, you’ve already been accepted what’s the worst that can happen..?

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Just got an acceptance from Tufts University School of Medicine PHP (Health Services Mgt. & Policy).

Dec 1, 2019
Rejected from Rutgers, still haven’t heard back from NYU which is weird because don’t classes start on the 27th?

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Rejected from Rutgers, still haven’t heard back from NYU which is weird because don’t classes start on the 27th?
I would reach out to NYU via. email or even phone. They recently began processing and even notified Fall 2020 students earlier this week so it's a bit concerning if you haven't heard back as a Spring 2020 applicant.

Reactions: uk__med and Bimo19
Oct 28, 2019
Status
Dec 1, 2019
I would reach out to NYU via. email or even phone. They recently began processing and even notified Fall 2020 students earlier this week so it's a bit concerning if you haven't heard back as a Spring 2020 applicant.
Just spoke with someone and they said it is still under review. I messed up big time and only applied to 2 schools so I’m hoping I get in here. It sucks cuz Rutgers was my safety school.

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Just spoke with someone and they said it is still under review. I messed up big time and only applied to 2 schools so I’m hoping I get in here. It sucks cuz Rutgers was my safety school.
Geez, they're really cutting it close. Sorry about your rejection from Rutgers, I too received a rejection earlier this week. Don't let it get you down! I wish you the best with NYU!

Oct 28, 2019
Status
I also applied to 2 programs. One rejection from the other back in November (which was my safety), waiting on the other school as well. I plan on taking graduate summer courses to improve my application for the next cycle if I don’t get in (also will apply to online schools as I’m limited to stay in state)

Oct 14, 2019
Status
Interviewing at U-Mich for management and policy on 2/16. Any recommendations for preparation? What to focus on?

Dec 3, 2019
Status
Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you happen to remember when you were notified that your application was being sent for review?
Dec 20th!

Mar 8, 2018
Status
About the Ads