MPH Fall 2018: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ughh, I was just about to post about this too. I hope it means something. I feel like I’ve been waiting for decisions for years!
I also received this email and I didn't even apply there. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone whose gotten into Johns Hopkins online mph heard about financial aid packages yet? If you received a merit scholarship does it come with your acceptance email, or do they contact you later? Does anyone know what the average amount on financial aid hopkins gives out is?

I got into the MSPH but I think it all works the same--the financial aid office will contact everyone in 1-2 months sending out a link that basically has you fill out financial information. Based on that, they'll give you a package.

Hi Everyone:
I am posting this in attempt to calm my nerves while waiting !!

Undergrad School:
International school- MD equivalent
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:3.96 (WES)
Major/Minor:Medicine
Grad Studies (if applicable):pediatric residency at McGill followed by Pediatric rheumatology Fellowship
GRE : Q 144 (17%), V 151 (52%), 3.5 W
Experience/Research :
most topics involving pediatric rheumatology
-Published article in paediatrics- not first author
-2 Abstracts- first author
-20K$ Grant awarded for an ongoing research project in medication adherence

Special factors:
-Abstracts presented at multiple international conferences and won significant award
-Grant awarded
-International graduate but American citizen ...! Long story
-7 years training in paediatrics

Interested in:
Applied: Harvard MPH-45 credits (
online/on-campus) (14/12), Dartmouth-MS health research(14/12), JHU MPH (online/part-time) (16/12 sent for review),JHU ScM epic (08/01), North Texas MPH online (12/12), UNC MPH- Pharmacoepidemiology (02/01), BU Pharmaceuticals (03/01), UCLA ScM epi (09/01 in review), Yale Advanced Professional MPH (08/01).
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
My application is a mix between full time/ part time and online since i am also applying for jobs and can not decide until I have some answers on that front as well. My main interest is in Pharmacoepidemiology and clinical trials.UNC and JHU are my top choices.
I know my GRE score is horrible!!! Which makes me super nervous while waiting for the results. Anyone with a similar clinical experience ? any thoughts on low GRE scores and clinical experience ?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is still waiting on USF, I was just admitted into their dual degree program for Epi & Global Communicable Diseases.

It's been almost a month since the last school I heard back from and waiting is literally killing me...okay, not literally, but still!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when people heard back from UCLA or San Diego State last year?

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't posted yet but I just got my first acceptance and got into Yale for the EMD program!!

Reactions: 9 users
I haven't posted yet but I just got my first acceptance and got into Yale for the EMD program!!
Congrats!! It's so weird, I just got an email from them saying my application was complete...even though I applied in October and already got a similar email?

Congrats!! It's so weird, I just got an email from them saying my application was complete...even though I applied in October and already got a similar email?

That is weird. I got an email from them on 12/12 saying they received my application and another email on 12/18 saying that it was complete. I got the acceptance email on 1/8 and I'm still shook from it since Yale was my one my top choices!

Reactions: 1 user
That is weird. I got an email from them on 12/12 saying they received my application and another email on 12/18 saying that it was complete. I got the acceptance email on 1/8 and I'm still shook from it since Yale was my one my top choices!
Huh, I got received on 12/16 and complete today...even though I submitted mid-Oct! Oh well. That's super exciting!! Congrats again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Huh, I got received on 12/16 and complete today...even though I submitted mid-Oct! Oh well. That's super exciting!! Congrats again!
I just got that same email from Yale even though I applied late September and got a similar email from them in November.

Anyone know when people heard back from UCLA or San Diego State last year?
I'm actually wondering this as well. I believe I've heard something about them releasing decisions in sometime March but they made start sending decisions in waves throughout February.

I'm actually wondering this as well. I believe I've heard something about them releasing decisions in sometime March but they made start sending decisions in waves throughout February.
I’m dying to hear back from San Diego State. The department has been reviewing my application since mid November and the login page to the portal changed the other day asking me to log in with an SDSU ID or a Red ID, so I hope that means I’ll hear good news soon

I’m dying to hear back from San Diego State. The department has been reviewing my application since mid November and the login page to the portal changed the other day asking me to log in with an SDSU ID or a Red ID, so I hope that means I’ll hear good news soon
My portal status changed to sent to department for admission recommendation within the past week.

If anyone is still waiting on USF, I was just admitted into their dual degree program for Epi & Global Communicable Diseases.
I'm still waiting to get into global health, already got into Epi!

Did anybody apply to the USC MPH program? Has anybody heard back anything yet?
Spoke the the admission counselor recently. Most of the acceptances will go out in March

Got into Yale chronic disease epi this morning! My application was complete 11/20

Reactions: 10 users
Just received an acceptance email from Yale SBS! I applied late November and received an email saying my app was complete on Jan 2nd.

Reactions: 10 users
Spoke the the admission counselor recently. Most of the acceptances will go out in March
Damn that feels like such a long time from now haha, thanks for the information though!

I emailed Emory (as it’s been six weeks for me) and she said they are releasing decisions “shortly”. :scared:
Have you heard back? I'm considering emailing today since Monday will be 6 weeks for me... but I also don't want to be seen as annoying...

Have you heard back? I'm considering emailing today since Monday will be 6 weeks for me... but I also don't want to be seen as annoying...

Nope, haven’t heard anything. It’s been over six weeks now. I don’t think it can hurt to email but I’m not sure what more they’ll tell you. :(

Anyone got admitted to Yale’s one year MPH program for advanced professionals??

Nope, haven’t heard anything. It’s been over six weeks now. I don’t think it can hurt to email but I’m not sure what more they’ll tell you. :(

So I called and Emory said that the official admissions administrative team (apparently separate from departments?) has yet to send out the decisions, and that it should be done within the next couple weeks, which is also why OPUS hasn't been updated for even pre-notified admitted students yet. I'm a little confused...

So I called and Emory said that the official admissions administrative team (apparently separate from departments?) has yet to send out the decisions, and that it should be done within the next couple weeks, which is also why OPUS hasn't been updated for even pre-notified admitted students yet. I'm a little confused...
Wow, that is confusing. I'm waiting for Emory as well. It will be a month on 1/20 since my app has been completed so I'm not expecting to hear from them until at least mid-Feb. So basically, it doesn't matter how often I check OPUS? lol

What external scholarships are people applying to? Now that we're closer to receiving decision announcements, funding is now something I'm starting to think about.

Got an email today that I was awarded the Minnesota SPH Tuition Scholarship through my department!! Getting in-state tuition definitely moves the school higher up on my list!

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone who was accepted to BU on 12/21 received their “official package and supporting materials” in the mail? The SPH Application for Financial Assistance asks for a BU ID (which is on the Acceptence Letter). I only have the acceptance e-mail.

Has anyone who was accepted to BU on 12/21 received their “official package and supporting materials” in the mail? The SPH Application for Financial Assistance asks for a BU ID (which is on the Acceptence Letter). I only have the acceptance e-mail.
Nope, I’m still waiting on that too.

Got an email today that I was awarded the Minnesota SPH Tuition Scholarship through my department!! Getting in-state tuition definitely moves the school higher up on my list!

Yay, congratulations! I also received the tuition scholarship email today, which I'm excited about! The offer letter says that the tuition scholarship is highly competitive, but I can't help but wonder if that's really true, or if it's a fairly common offer? Haha. Good for us both, regardless! Definitely a welcome boost, as I was feeling a bit doubtful about getting any money, not knowing who I'm up against.

What program did you apply for? I'm maternal and child health. I really, really like Minnesota's program! The only thing holding me back now is the bitter cold. Not sure if I can do it.

Yay, congratulations! I also received the tuition scholarship email today, which I'm excited about! The offer letter says that the tuition scholarship is highly competitive, but I can't help but wonder if that's really true, or if it's a fairly common offer? Haha. Good for us both, regardless! Definitely a welcome boost, as I was feeling a bit doubtful about getting any money, not knowing who I'm up against.

What program did you apply for? I'm maternal and child health. I really, really like Minnesota's program! The only thing holding me back now is the bitter cold. Not sure if I can do it.
I'm a born and raised Minnesotan & you get used to it. You still hate it, yes, but you get used to it. I have friends from FL and CA here and I honestly think they handle it better than most of the natives (myself included)!

Last edited:

I emailed BU on Tuesday and told them I hadn’t received the physical package yet and they responded that it had been sent and should have reached me by now. They confirmed my address to resend me another package. Might be worth it for you to also email BU?

I emailed BU on Tuesday and told them I hadn’t received the physical package yet and they responded that it had been sent and should have reached me by now. They confirmed my address to resend me another package. Might be worth it for you to also email BU?

I emailed BU a little bit ago too. Weird that none of us have gotten it.

I'm a born and raised Minnesotan & you get used to it. You still hate it, yes, but you get used to it. I have friends from FL and CA here and I honestly think they handle it better than most of the natives (myself included)!
I'm sure that's true! We can get used to a lot. Also, I'm from Chicago, so I'm not sure what I'm complaining about :rofl:. Are the summers really lovely there? I've heard that as soon as it's nice out, everyone takes full advantage, lots of kayaking, hiking, biking, etc. I love the idea of living in a city where I can be in real nature without driving for hours!

I'm also Maternal and Child Health!! Minnesota really does seem to have everything I'm looking for as well, also I love how diverse the faculty are. I actually love cold weather (lived for Colorado for 8 years) but I know it's a totally different level, especially coming right from Arizona!

I'm also Maternal and Child Health!! Minnesota really does seem to have everything I'm looking for as well, also I love how diverse the faculty are. I actually love cold weather (lived for Colorado for 8 years) but I know it's a totally different level, especially coming right from Arizona!
Oh, so cool to meet a fellow (prospective) Minnesota MCH-er! I agree that Minnesota has pretty much everything I'm looking for. Well, perhaps we will see each other in the fall. I'll keep you posted on my decision!

@stormtrooper31
Yikes! I'll give them a call tomorrow and check-in.

I'm sure that's true! We can get used to a lot. Also, I'm from Chicago, so I'm not sure what I'm complaining about :rofl:. Are the summers really lovely there? I've heard that as soon as it's nice out, everyone takes full advantage, lots of kayaking, hiking, biking, etc. I love the idea of living in a city where I can be in real nature without driving for hours!
Summers in MN are quite fantastic! There are also lots of small parks within cities (especially around lakes) and you can get to some gorgeous state parks pretty quickly for a day trip outside of the twin cities area!

I emailed and he said that it was sent last week and I should be receiving it any day now. (I’m in Arizona so probably farther than most people).
Good to know! I'm in Boston, so I feel like I should've received it already. We had a big snow storm at the end of last week-- maybe that's the culprit?