MPH Fall 2018: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks so much! And no, I haven’t. Is their MPH program similar to any of the schools I’ve applied to so far?
BU is similar to Columbia, as they both use certificates within their MPH. The dean of BUSPH was formerly the epidemiology chair at Columbia and he brought many of the ideas over. Similar programs, but BU's admissions are a little less competitive with more opportunities for financial aid and merit scholarships.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Everyone:

I am a 1st-year MPH-65 student at Harvard in SBS (health and social behavior). If you have any questions about the program, my experiences thus far, why I chose Harvard, etc, feel free to message me! I was in your shoes last year...

Obviously, my opinions are subjective and my experiences anecdotal, but I have to say: choosing Harvard was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. The opportunities here are tremendous.

Reactions: 3 users
I had a question about LORs. So one of my professors sent me the letter she wrote to make sure that it stated my goals correctly. Well, it did state them correctly, however, to me it seemed like it was just a reiteration of what was written on my SOP. Anyway, I showed it to a couple of other people who thought that ot sounded good, so I told her it was okay. Now, as I'm tailoring my SOP for other schools, I realized that she mentioned my specific research interest in her letter (the letter was for UTHouston and I wrote about researching water borne diseases cause they have related research going on there), but most of the other schools that I'm applying to don't really have any water based research. The last line of her letter was literally something along the lines of: I'm certain you will accept MIS2MPH in your program and give her the opportunity to fulfill her goal of reducing waterborne diseases worldwide.

So now, I'm not sure what to do... I was originally planning on tailoring each SOP to talk about what research is going on at the school, but now I feel like I have to relate the research to water.... I don't know how to do this.... There is other research at the various schools that I'm interested in but it's not related to water.... What should I do? She's already submitted her letter. Should I get a fourth recommendation letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, is it okay to mention a research interest that isn't necessarily being conducted at the university right now? Like, maybe talking about how by working with the research that a professor is doing on a certain topic, we could also research blah blah blah?

I had a question about LORs. So one of my professors sent me the letter she wrote to make sure that it stated my goals correctly. Well, it did state them correctly, however, to me it seemed like it was just a reiteration of what was written on my SOP. Anyway, I showed it to a couple of other people who thought that ot sounded good, so I told her it was okay. Now, as I'm tailoring my SOP for other schools, I realized that she mentioned my specific research interest in her letter (the letter was for UTHouston and I wrote about researching water borne diseases cause they have related research going on there), but most of the other schools that I'm applying to don't really have any water based research. The last line of her letter was literally something along the lines of: I'm certain you will accept MIS2MPH in your program and give her the opportunity to fulfill her goal of reducing waterborne diseases worldwide.

So now, I'm not sure what to do... I was originally planning on tailoring each SOP to talk about what research is going on at the school, but now I feel like I have to relate the research to water.... I don't know how to do this.... There is other research at the various schools that I'm interested in but it's not related to water.... What should I do? She's already submitted her letter. Should I get a fourth recommendation letter?
I think they can still call SOPHAS and ask to have the letter removed since you haven't submitted your application yet. I think it would just be easiest to ask her to delete that part and resubmit, especially since it sounds like you two are on very good terms. I am sure she wants you to do well and would be willing to take on a minor inconvenience to do so!

If you need to feel better for a second, you can laugh at me for not realizing most schools want 3 LORs and submitting 5 since SOPHAS said 3-5...now I just have my fingers crossed that the schools won't take my offense too seriously, or at least will recognize that they're all very strong. *facepalm*

I think they can still call SOPHAS and ask to have the letter removed since you haven't submitted your application yet. I think it would just be easiest to ask her to delete that part and resubmit, especially since it sounds like you two are on very good terms. I am sure she wants you to do well and would be willing to take on a minor inconvenience to do so!

If you need to feel better for a second, you can laugh at me for not realizing most schools want 3 LORs and submitting 5 since SOPHAS said 3-5...now I just have my fingers crossed that the schools won't take my offense too seriously, or at least will recognize that they're all very strong. *facepalm*

I did the same thing, too. The three schools I asked said they really will only look at the first three they receive. Felt dumb about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone:

I am a 1st-year MPH-65 student at Harvard in SBS (health and social behavior). If you have any questions about the program, my experiences thus far, why I chose Harvard, etc, feel free to message me! I was in your shoes last year...

Obviously, my opinions are subjective and my experiences anecdotal, but I have to say: choosing Harvard was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. The opportunities here are tremendous.

How accessible are the professors? And the overall environment? Are the students collaborative/cutthroat/etc? And, is the Career Services office helpful? Thanks!

I did the same thing, too. The three schools I asked said they really will only look at the first three they receive. Felt dumb about it.
Ugh that makes me annoyed (mostly at myself). Did you tell them which 3 you wanted read, or is that too pushy? Which schools?

I have letters from: a county-level epidemiologist I did a project with, current laboratory PI at Mayo Clinic in cancer research (heavily mentioned in personal statement), professor I TA'd 4 classes for & took 2 classes with who I am very close with, another professor I have a great personal relationship with and worked on epidemiology project with (probably the least important reference, but she asked me to read the letter and it was so powerful&kind that it brought me to tears), and my biochem professor which was a class I struggled in but ended up getting an A in due to hard work+started a new educational research project with her that I still occasionally come help with.

I think they're all really strong, but I think the first 3 are probably the ones that should be read!

Do you think it's absolutely necessary to do that? I'm not sure how I would go about telling her to change it in a respectful and non whiny/ungrateful way.... We have a good relationship, but not really amazing where I would feel comfortable saying anything. Could you maybe look at the letter to see if you think it really does need to be changed?
Sorry, I'm just stressing so much right now. One of my other recommendations is by my supervisor (who doesn't have an advanced degree) so I'm freaking out about that as well...

Last edited:
Ugh that makes me annoyed (mostly at myself). Did you tell them which 3 you wanted read, or is that too pushy? Which schools?

I have letters from: a county-level epidemiologist I did a project with, current laboratory PI at Mayo Clinic in cancer research (heavily mentioned in personal statement), professor I TA'd 4 classes for & took 2 classes with who I am very close with, another professor I have a great personal relationship with and worked on epidemiology project with (probably the least important reference, but she asked me to read the letter and it was so powerful&kind that it brought me to tears), and my biochem professor which was a class I struggled in but ended up getting an A in due to hard work+started a new educational research project with her that I still occasionally come help with.

I think they're all really strong, but I think the first 3 are probably the ones that should be read!

Honestly, those all sound incredible! I asked JH, Yale, and I believe Columbia, and they basically said the three they receive first (I assume what's completed first through SOPHAS) are the ones they look at. There's no guarantee they'll look at anything else (which makes sense, they only wanted 3 and have a bunch of apps to look at).

And no, I didn't tell them which to read, I personally felt like that's too much to ask/who's to say they'll read what I ask them to, etc.

Do you know which 3 were completed first?

Hi all, I posted in the "what are my chances" board and wwmmkk had some awesome suggestions so I figure I would post here too. I just applied for spring 2018 admission to Pitt and was denied. Thus, I want to reapply for fall (to other schools as well) but be more critical and realistic with my chances and also get feedback so I can work on my app.

Undergrad School:
state univeristy
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 2.8 (I know this is terrible, but I faced a decent amount of medical problems/chronic illnesses/hospitalizations during undergrad.)
Major/Minor: Molecular Biology (minor in Chem)
GRE: Took the GRE in September 2017, 158V 161Q 4W - I'm not sure if I should retake this or not to get a better score.
Experience/Research:
- 1.5 years of pediatric research regarding adolescents with depression and anxiety (was published in a small paper here as well)
- 6 months of neuro research using PET scanning on drug addicts/PTSD patients
- 2ish months volunteering as study recruiter at a pediatric clinic (screening patients who come in, etc.)
- I just recently started a job as a caregiver under an agency that provides these services to the underserved/those who can't afford caregivers. By the time I submit my application, I'd have at least 3 months experience here.
- (forgot to mention this in the other thread) president/captain of a club and lead them to nationals.

LORS: 2 from my PI and supervisor from the pediatric research position, 1 from my molecular biology professor (I didn't do amazingly well in her class but I asked her/she agreed to writing one be because I met with her every week to go over class work for literally a year and she said that she could definitely spin my letter in a positive way)
Interested in: very very interested in epi, but I could enjoy behavioral and community health and genetics
Applying: My top choice is Pitt because I'd rather stay close to home due to health reasons. Otherwise, I'm not sure where else to apply. Suggestions definitely appreciated!

Accepted:
n/a
Rejected: Spring 2018 - Pitt
Waitlisted: n/a

Last edited:
Do you think it's absolutely necessary to do that? I'm not sure how I would go about telling her to change it in a respectful and non whiny/ungrateful way.... We have a good relationship, but not really amazing where I would feel comfortable saying anything. Could you maybe look at the letter to see if you think it really does need to be changed?
Sorry, I'm just stressing so much right now. One of my other recommendations is by my supervisor (who doesn't have an advanced degree) so I'm freaking out about that as well...
I'm totally willing to proof the letter if you want, just inbox me. Otherwise, don't stress it. I doubt schools will read it so thoroughly that they notice a sentence that doesn't quite align as long as it's within the same field.

A friend of mine applied to pharmacy schools and a recommender made a huge error in who she was working for during a summer internship and she was super worried they'd notice, but she still got into all the schools she applied for. Obviously different, but hopefully reassuring.

Last edited:
Honestly, those all sound incredible! I asked JH, Yale, and I believe Columbia, and they basically said the three they receive first (I assume what's completed first through SOPHAS) are the ones they look at. There's no guarantee they'll look at anything else (which makes sense, they only wanted 3 and have a bunch of apps to look at).

And no, I didn't tell them which to read, I personally felt like that's too much to ask/who's to say they'll read what I ask them to, etc.

Do you know which 3 were completed first?
In order of completion:
1. Epidemiologist
2. Really nice prof
3. Lab PI
4. TA head instructor
5. Biochem Prof

In order listed on application when downloaded:
1. Lab PI
2. TA head instructor
3. Biochem prof
4. Really nice prof
5. Epidemiologist

So I guess it could be in any order pretty much...oh well, hopefully they're all strong enough!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm super nervous, so any advice would be great!!

Undergrad School:
Large state school. I graduated this past May.
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 2.74 (i know, i know)
Major/Minor: Pyschology major, Spanish and Public Health double minor
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): I am taking the GRE on 11/21!
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
2 years of undergrad research at University's Drug and Health Studies center. (currently employed there post grad
2 years of mental health research (with poster presentation)
1 year of research lab work under Dr at University (freshman year)
1 semester TA for Health Psychology

Special factors:
Black female. One LOR from Vice-President of University. Bilingual

Interested in: GWU, Drexel, UPenn, Temple, NYU (all are Health Policy concentration)
Applied(include the date of application):
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Can someone PLEASE tell me what my chances are? My GPA is a 2.74 so I am genuinely afraid I wont get in anywhere..

Last edited:

Undergrad School:
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): I am taking the GRE on 11/21!
2 years of undergrad research at University's Drug and Health Studies center. (currently employed there post grad

Special factors:

Interested in: GWU, Drexel, UPenn, Temple, NYU (all are Health Policy concentration)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Can someone PLEASE tell me what my chances are? My GPA is a 2.74 so I am genuinely afraid I wont get in anywhere..

you need to be able to explain your GPA really well,. Do not use ur SOP for that. Upload a separate document, not too long. Consider BU as well. your SOP needs to SHINE and so do your letter of reccs. also make sure ur GRE is super high. study hard watch the learning videos.

edit: good luck!!! also maybe consider taking some post bacc classes (public health related) to bring up the GPA?

School: Top 10 Public School
GPA: 3.29 (SOPHAS)
GRE: V: 161 Q: 157 W:4.5
Major: Biology (General)

- Currently working full-time as a biomedical research assistant for the Army
- 1.5 years as a research assistant in the UW Biology Department
> Co-author on a paper published in Integrative and Comparative Biology
- 1 year as a program assistant at a university center focused on sustainability and public health
- 2 years as a student government employee
> one year directing a leadership development program and one year directing our volunteering office
- 1.5 years as a teaching assistant
- 1 year as a campus tour guide
- 2 summers (6 months total) of a shadowing program at a private medical practice

Applying to Epidemiology programs
Applying for Fall 2018: UCLA, University of Hawaii, UCI, UC Berkeley, Columbia, Yale (All submitted 11/11)

Last edited:
@docgreys thanks for your reply. I don't think my MCAT scores would be that competitive for the programs I applied to, so I opted to just do the GRE.

How accessible are the professors? And the overall environment? Are the students collaborative/cutthroat/etc? And, is the Career Services office helpful? Thanks!

Hey! A few comments on my (personal) experience at Harvard so far, as guided by your questions:

Professors here are extremely approachable, and I am on a first name basis with many of them. The atmosphere is truly collaborative, and the idea that Ivy League schools are full of pomp and stuffiness does not seem to apply to the SPH whatsoever. Since students here have a diverse array of career goals (not like MD, where everyone is going for a residency) competition is not an issue, and most classes are not graded on a curve. They really are trying to keep you here when you enroll, not fail you out :).

The students here honestly come from all over the world, and this greatly enriches the academic experience. Just last week, I had lunch with a classmate from Scotland and another from London, and we casually struck up a convo about Brexit, bonding as we debated its health implications over some awesome Indian food from the cafeteria. Not to mention, the speakers and guest lecturers here are world-class leaders in their fields (with Wikipedia pages!). For example, former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy—who just happened to be in the neighborhood—stopped by my substance abuse class for a roundtable on the Opioid Epidemic.

This place really is as influential as it sounds. Feel free to PM me with specific questions. I may be slow to respond, but I will try my best! Also, if any of you end up coming here next year, Message me, and I'll make sure to give you a warm introduction to chilly Boston!

Reactions: 4 users

Undergrad School:

Special factors:

Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

So my original plan was to apply for Fall 2017 until I landed my current research position and decided to defer in the name of extra experience. I've basically been asking everyone and everywhere (at my prospective schools) what I could do to increase my chances in the past 1+ year. I found that most admission advisors seems to give honest feedback, even as much as it may sting (I will say, I met with them all in person). Additionally, I have come across some cookie cutter responses that seemed kind of empty. Regardless, I'll basically just regurgitate everything I've come across thus far. NOTE: I haven't even submitted my apps yet so I have no way of knowing if all these tactics/suggestions would lead to admission. However, it seems that in previous threads, there are people who were successful into getting into some pretty decent schools with some of the same suggestions. Most of this is from the admission advisors from the EHS & epi department and from a department chair (professor) in the epi department at the University of Michigan.

- Exceptional GRE scores (75%+ in Q & V). The prof I spoke with literally said "No one has any idea how the AWA score is graded and it's inconsistent. So we care about that the least." Of course, every school/program is different so I'm not sure if you can blanket that statement. Personally, I think you're better able to convey your writing abilities in your SOP. Epi and other analytical-ish programs will obviously focus more on Q. An admission advisor at UM said that if there is a low GPA, but they like you as a candidate, then they have to be able to defend you to student affairs for admission with something quantifiable - like a great test score. And vice versa.
- If you have a lower GPA - EXPLAIN! This was always emphasized. Do not include it in your SOP, as this is only meant for your attributes, but include it in an addendum. It is not necessary to go into explicit detail (also, referencing this article when discussing mental illness etc). I think it's safe to say everyone has experienced some sort of adversity/trauma/hardship throughout life and it's unfortunate that some experience it in it's most extreme forms during their undergrad. The purpose for giving a brief explanation, as I was told, is so it does not leave the adcoms to conjure up their own reasoning for poor grades (i.e laziness). Also, difficultly of classes/class load will be considered but does not seem to justify (on it's own) poor grades. Of course, focus on how these experiences impacted you and that this is something you feel very disassociated from now.
- Experience is essential. It is one of the most convincing avenues to showing adcoms that you have redeemed yourself. Experience related to your field of interest would likely hold the most weight.
- Have glowing LORs. Really nothing else to that. Just be up front in asking if your recommender is able to write you a strong one and who can vouch for you on your ability to handle grad level coursework. I almost made the mistake of not doing this.
- The app process is genuinely holistic, so you're not just your grades.

I maybe should have made this a PM but whatever. Hopefully this helps other applicants who are struggling breathe a little easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Everything’s been submitted for me since September and i edited and resubmit again on October 11th. How long till decisions? The anxiety levels are too high! If it helps, I’ve applied to UB, Stony Brook Uni, NYU, and Colombia.

Am I the only one who noticed that nobody heard back last week from any programs (or at least nobody posted about it)? I'm really hoping to hear back from more schools this week since it's the last one before Thanksgiving break!

Am I the only one who noticed that nobody heard back last week from any programs (or at least nobody posted about it)? I'm really hoping to hear back from more schools this week since it's the last one before Thanksgiving break!

I know some schools are faster than others, but if I remember right from last year, acceptances don't really start happening for most programs until December or January, and many don't release decisions until well into the spring. Look through last year's thread for specific schools dates so you know what to expect. It's a loooong waiting game.

Reactions: 2 users
I know some schools are faster than others, but if I remember right from last year, acceptances don't really start happening for most programs until December or January, and many don't release decisions until well into the spring. Look through last year's thread for specific schools dates so you know what to expect. It's a loooong waiting game.

I know some schools said they don't even start reviewing applications until December as well

I had a quick question about UC-Berkeley. I just wanted to confirm with anyone else applying there, that they'll send us their grad application after the Dec 1st deadline to submit their fee and grad app, right?

I'm with you, I'm hoping I hear back from more schools quickly. If it's any encouragement, I just got accepted into UTHealth today. It's not my top-choice though, so I'm trying to be patient with the other schools...

I had a quick question about UC-Berkeley. I just wanted to confirm with anyone else applying there, that they'll send us their grad application after the Dec 1st deadline to submit their fee and grad app, right?
That's what they told me also.

That's what they told me also.

Thanks! I haven't received any communications from them, even a letter confirming my application was received and/or complete.

SOPHAS verified 11/3 and I received like 5 e-mail confirmations from other schools almost the same day or after... just not Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, or Emory...yet.

Thanks! I haven't received any communications from them, even a letter confirming my application was received and/or complete.

SOPHAS verified 11/3 and I received like 5 e-mail confirmations from other schools almost the same day or after... just not Berkeley, Harvard, Yale, or Emory...yet.
I emailed all those programs in October and they said they'd be reviewing later in the cycle & confirmed they had received my application only after I emailed them. This is what Berkeley said:

Attachments

• Berkeley.JPG
    Berkeley.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 90
Undergrad School: Arizona
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.81/3.95
Major/Minor: Public Health
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): GRE (took today 11/13) V: 156 Q:152 AWA: pending
  • working full time in behavioral health currently since May
  • 6 month internship at hospital for infection prevention
  • 1 year ambassador for college of public health
Letter of rec from current supervisor, infectious disease epi professor, and infection prevention preceptor (feel like those all should be pretty strong)

Interested in: epidemiology (specially infectious disease)
Applied(include the date of application): Yale (EMD) (11/13), Arizona (11/13), Emory (11/13), Boston (11/18), South Florida (12/20)
Accepted: Boston +15k (12/21)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

**I'm really concerned with my low GRE quant. I was obviously hoping for higher, and don't have time to retake. Do you guys think Yale (epi of microbial diseases) is too far of a reach now? I also know that I don't have as much experience as everyone else. I worked nearly full time throughout school and dealt with medical issues so I feel like I wasn't able to get as involved. :( I wasn't going to apply anywhere else but now I'm thinking I maybe should?

Last edited:
Undergrad School: Arizona
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.81/3.95
Major/Minor: Public Health
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): GRE (took today 11/13) V: 156 Q:152 AWA: pending
  • working full time in behavioral health currently since May
  • 6 month internship at hospital for infection prevention
  • 1 year ambassador for college of public health
Letter of rec from current supervisor, infectious disease epi professor, and infection prevention preceptor (feel like those all should be pretty strong)

Interested in: epidemiology (specially infectious disease)
Applied(include the date of application): Yale (EMD) (11/13), Arizona (11/13), Emory (11/13), Boston (haven't submitted yet)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

**I'm really concerned with my low GRE quant. I was obviously hoping for higher, and don't have time to retake. Do you guys think Yale (epi of microbial diseases) is too far of a reach now? I also know that I don't have as much experience as everyone else. I worked nearly full time throughout school and dealt with medical issues so I feel like I wasn't able to get as involved. :( I wasn't going to apply anywhere else but now I'm thinking I maybe should?
I am a current Yale EMD student and had similar stats to you (including a similar quant score), so don't be discouraged! Also, the experience you do have seems very relevant, so that will help. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the program!

Since we are both interested in infectious disease epi, I figured I would let you know what other programs I applied to/ was accepted in case you wanted to check them out.

Boston University (Certificates in Epi and Infectious Diseases)
Columbia (Certificates in Epi and Infectious Disease Epi)
The George Washington University (seemed to have a good number of ID epi electives)
Yale (EMD)

I did not end up applying to UMich or UPitt (mostly due to out of state vs in state tuition prices), but both of those schools also have interesting ID related epi programs.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the GRE scores take to reach schools? I know the website says 10-15 days but in your experience, has it reached schools earlier? I'm wondering because SOPHAS says verification takes four weeks, but I've seen apps get verified in one week so you never know

I'm with you, I'm hoping I hear back from more schools quickly. If it's any encouragement, I just got accepted into UTHealth today. It's not my top-choice though, so I'm trying to be patient with the other schools...

How long did it take for you to hear back from them? I'm about to submit my application today! (LORs may take a few days to finish coming in though)

How long did it take for you to hear back from them? I'm about to submit my application today! (LORs may take a few days to finish coming in though)

I submitted my application Oct 16th. My full stats/timeline are on page 4. Good luck!

Hello Everyone:

Can you apply to their programs right after you receive a bachelor's with no post-grad work experience?

Hi all - has anyone been invited to interview at UNC? I received an email today and I am curious what that process entails, or what it means re: potential admissions. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Hi all - has anyone been invited to interview at UNC? I received an email today and I am curious what that process entails, or what it means re: potential admissions. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

I think I remember seeing people discuss UNC interviews on the 2017 application thread, you might want to sift through those posts. From what I can remember, they seemed straightforward and pretty low-key (why this degree / why UNC type of questions).

When did you submit to UNC by the way?

I think I remember seeing people discuss UNC interviews on the 2017 application thread, you might want to sift through those posts. From what I can remember, they seemed straightforward and pretty low-key (why this degree / why UNC type of questions).

When did you submit to UNC by the way?

Thanks for the advice - I will definitely check. I submitted to UNC in late September.

Acceptance from GWU for Global EHS! Only one week turnaround time once I was verified.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Random question not worth making a new thread for but, does anyone know if you just have to have e-submitted by the deadline or does it have to be verified by then? I'm mostly talking about schools like Berkeley and UCLA and Columbia (those with December 1st deadlines). Berkeley sent me an email clarifying it just needs to be submitted not verified by December 1st but I'm not sure about the other schools like UCLA. Does anyone have any info?

EDIT: Additional question, I've now noticed that its possible to submit to individual programs rather than just submitting to all of them at once. Does that mean I can just submit to the schools with earlier deadlines first then send the rest later? Or does it all have to be in one go? I was under the impression that SOPHAS wants everything done including personal statements in order to submit? Is that not true?

Last edited:
Is it necessary to put a 'relevant courses' section on the resume I upload to SOPHAS?

In at GWU for Global EHS! Only one week turnaround time once I was verified.
Wait do you mean you are accepted to the program or they have recived all your materials? They told me about 4 weeks. Congrats if you were accepted!

Is it necessary to put a 'relevant courses' section on the resume I upload to SOPHAS?
I would say no. They will have your transcript right there in front of them. Use your resume to talk about other things such as internships or other relevant material!

Wait do you mean you are accepted to the program or they have recived all your materials? They told me about 4 weeks. Congrats if you were accepted!
Accepted! Sorry for the ambiguity! :)

Random question not worth making a new thread for but, does anyone know if you just have to have e-submitted by the deadline or does it have to be verified by then? I'm mostly talking about schools like Berkeley and UCLA and Columbia (those with December 1st deadlines). Berkeley sent me an email clarifying it just needs to be submitted not verified by December 1st but I'm not sure about the other schools like UCLA. Does anyone have any info?

EDIT: Additional question, I've now noticed that its possible to submit to individual programs rather than just submitting to all of them at once. Does that mean I can just submit to the schools with earlier deadlines first then send the rest later? Or does it all have to be in one go? I was under the impression that SOPHAS wants everything done including personal statements in order to submit? Is that not true?
The submission vs. verification issue is school dependent. I believe most schools want it on their desks, so to speak, by that deadline. I would err on the side of caution.

As soon as you finish your materials for one school, you can start the verification process. There are some things you wont be able to change like your resume, but nothing program specific. Then you can finish your other schools with later deadlines or even add other programs.

The submission vs. verification issue is school dependent. I believe most schools want it on their desks, so to speak, by that deadline. I would err on the side of caution.

As soon as you finish your materials for one school, you can start the verification process. There are some things you wont be able to change like your resume, but nothing program specific. Then you can finish your other schools with later deadlines or even add other programs.

Hi thank you so much for the response. Just to clarify, does that basically mean if I submit right now for a few schools and it gets verified in the next two weeks, will it have to be reverified when I submit to other programs later? Or will it simply just send the program specific stuff instantly? Thank you!

Hi thank you so much for the response. Just to clarify, does that basically mean if I submit right now for a few schools and it gets verified in the next two weeks, will it have to be reverified when I submit to other programs later? Or will it simply just send the program specific stuff instantly? Thank you!
I don't remember exactly, but it's either instant or like 24 hours. Definitely not a whole other verification process.

After it has been fully verified and sent to the first ones submitted, it only takes a few hours to re-verify and send to each new school!

When do decisions typically get sent?