MPH / MSPH 2021: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from the UNC MPH in Health Equity, Social Justice, and Human Rights (EQUITY) program?
I heard from them for EQUITY 12/18. Submitted my supplemental app 11/11 and was SOPHAS verified 11/23. I haven't seen many others applying to the program post here, so I'm not sure what their decision timeline looks like right now!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just about to ask the same thing. I applied before the priority deadline and it’s past the 4-6 week period
Hi there, I'm in the same boat as you. I applied to UT Houston on 11/23 for the MPH Epi program and I haven't heard from admissions since then.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I saw the notification for the BU Q&A session email today and my heart skipped a beat before I clicked on it!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi there! I applied on 12/1 and actually heard back from them a week later on 12/8. I applied to the Austin campus though, not the Houston campus. Maybe that makes a difference when they send decisions out?
Maybe that's what it is. I'm just confused as to why there wasn't some kind of follow up after getting the portal info. Congratulations on your admission!

Hi there, I'm in the same boat as you. I applied to UT Houston on 11/23 for the MPH Epi program and I haven't heard from admissions since then.
I applied to the Epi program too! Hopefully we hear back this week.. This is kind of ridiculous tbh there's been no communication.

Hey everyone! I applied to Columbia's MPH in Sociomedical Sciences program and was wondering if anyone had any idea when we would be receiving decisions- perhaps based on trends from previous years, thanks!
Applied to Columbia MPH Epi, but my sense is that they will release decisions next week or early February, according to last year's forums. Yes, the wait is unbearable here too!

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email from BUSPH saying that my application was complete and being sent for review to the adcom. They said they'd try to send out a decision within 5-6 weeks. Anyone else who already got into other schools feel anxious at the thought of having to wait that long to decide on a program? o_Oo_Oo_O

Is a good sign if after you submitted your application that the school's graduate studies is sending you emails? E.g. I got an email about how instruction will be like for the 2021-2022 school year from graduate studies from the university I applied to (will be in-person despite COVID-19). I feel like I'm looking way too into it, but I'm desperate for a sign hahaha

I have a question for those who applied to UCLA-I know that their website and SOPHAS said that it was not required to submit transcripts through their graduate application portal, but when I just logged in to the portal there's a big red X saying "Awaiting transcripts". Does anyone else have this, and do you know if there's any follow-up required?

have people heard from gwu for scholarships?

I have a question for those who applied to UCLA-I know that their website and SOPHAS said that it was not required to submit transcripts through their graduate application portal, but when I just logged in to the portal there's a big red X saying "Awaiting transcripts". Does anyone else have this, and do you know if there's any follow-up required?
I applied to UCLA! I think you should definitely follow up (call them, don't email because they are not very responsive) to double check and be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone get an interview for Columbia? Did they say?
I believe it’s just Health Pol
Applied to Columbia MPH Epi, but my sense is that they will release decisions next week or early February, according to last year's forums. Yes, the wait is unbearable here too!
I've also been doing some digging and even looked a the 2019 cycle forum (LOL), which decisions then were released closer to Jan 23/24. The wait is indeed unbearable right now!

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone finding decisions to be a bit slower this year? Haven't heard from Brown or Wustl yet...

Is anyone finding decisions to be a bit slower this year? Haven't heard from Brown or Wustl yet...
Yeah, to my understanding there's an influx of applications so it's taking a bit longer.

Hey everyone! I applied to Columbia's MPH in Sociomedical Sciences program and was wondering if anyone had any idea when we would be receiving decisions- perhaps based on trends from previous years, thanks!
hey! Been getting different messages - recently I've heard last week of January/Early Feb but during one of the info sessions (a couple months back), someone from admissions said third week of January which would be this week. Columbia is the only school I applied to (dual degree) since I'm a graduate student there right now. This wait is killing me!!!

Just got accepted to Yale CDE!

Submitted SOPHAS app on Nov 29
Application sent for review on Dec 19

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Just got rejected from Umich HMP.
I was accepted to the Umich HBHE program back in December but just received the rejection for the other program.
Does anyone know anything about financial aid for UMICH and when scholarship awards might be coming out??

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just accepted to Yale SBS!

verified 11/23, sent for review 12/7

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Accepted to Yale SBS! Received an email at 1:26 PM EST. Submitted 11/20, Complete 12/11, and accepted1/20

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
For MPH Folks, who have heard back from U Washington/Berkeley/Hopkins/Yale, what has been the timeline since application submission?

I did not get an email either. My application wasn't sent for review until early January however.
seems to be people accepted 5 weeks after yale confirms your application is complete. I will be on week 6 after today.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed for HMP at UMich still not received a decision? I interviewed in mid-December and figured I would have heard back by now...

Was just accepted into Yale for Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases! My application was received 12/7 and marked as complete 12/31. Just heard back today (1/20)!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Was just accepted into Yale for Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases! My application was received 12/7 and marked as complete 12/31. Just heard back today (1/20)!

My Yale application was received 12/7 and marked complete 12/14. Haven't heard from them yet. I guess I'll wait till next week.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got rejected from Umich HMP.
I was accepted to the Umich HBHE program back in December but just received the rejection for the other program.
Does anyone know anything about financial aid for UMICH and when scholarship awards might be coming out??
Someone here emailed them and was told February which seems to be in line with past years based on the forums.

My Yale application was received 12/7 and marked complete 12/14. Haven't heard from Yale yet. I guess I'll wait till next week.
Similarly mine was received 11/30 and complete 12/19, but I applied CDE. I haven’t heard back either :/ hoping for next week too

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
If you haven't received an interview request from the Columbia HPM department, does that pretty much mean you've been rejected?

I just got accepted into UMN's Master of Human Rights program!! 😭 Really didn't think I was going to get into this one, so I am over the moon!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Did anyone apply to UIC and have their app status change from "Under Review" to "Additional Review Required"? I'm not sure what this means...

Omg I just received my financial aid offer from UMich and they're giving me 50% for all four semesters! Not sure why all of the news is coming in today, but certainly ecstatic about it all!!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
How soon after your acceptances do you hear about potential scholarships? Do you have to secure your seat first? Specifically for.Minnesota and Houston.

Omg I just received my financial aid offer from UMich and they're giving me 50% for all four semesters! Not sure why all of the news is coming in today, but certainly ecstatic about it all!!

Congrats.

Last edited:
Hey, for anyone that had their Columbia MPH HPM interview, how did it go? Was there a theme to the questions asked and did you have time to ask the student questions as well?

Hey, for anyone that had their Columbia MPH HPM interview, how did it go? Was there a theme to the questions asked and did you have time to ask the student questions as well?
Hi, I would say my interview went okay. The interview itself was informal. From what I recall, I was asked to reiterate my interest in HPM, describe what I wanted to get out of my graduate school experience and explain what was most important to me in deciding where to attend graduate school. And I did have time to ask the student 3 questions at the end.

My Yale application was received 12/7 and marked complete 12/14. Haven't heard from them yet. I guess I'll wait till next week.

Applied to Yale SBS as well— marked as under review on 12/17. Will also be waiting patiently for word next week, lol.

Did anyone apply to UIC and have their app status change from "Under Review" to "Additional Review Required"? I'm not sure what this means...
Haven't checked the portal since my acceptance so idk if it changed but yeah mine says this too. Weird.

Got into Columbia MPH (Epi)!!! A bit sneaky because I never got an email, but when I clicked into the portal it says "view update"

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Got into Columbia MPH (Epi)!!! A bit sneaky because I never got an email, but when I clicked into the portal it says "view update"
Congratulations!! Now I'm going to be neurotically checking the portal 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats and ty for checking the portal and telling us this lol

Also got into columbia for SMS

Reactions: 13 users