MSUCOM class of 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocGibby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried this earlier and didn't get many responses (probably due to it being too early in the cycle). I'm curious about who I might see up in Lansing next August.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

Members don't see this ad.

see you there doc gibby

your cadavor friend,

peds

I heard the news the other day from a mutual pre-med society e-board friend. Congrats!!! You must be so excited.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!! I've been accepted too. I can't wait to talk to you guys more about being at MSUCOM next fall. I'm so excited.

write me at [email protected]

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSU Class of 2004

Congrats to you acceptance to MSU. My application to MSU-COM was completed about 1 month ago. I am still waiting. How long did you wait after your application was complete? If you guys don't mind, what are you stats? Thanks.

Dr. P,

I sent my app in the first days of June and finished my secondary at the end/middle of August. I was interviewed and accepted in mid October. My science GPA was a little better than the average of 3.5. Overall I graduated magna cum above a 3.7. Average on MCAT was a nine. Hope this helps you. Overall MSUCOM compiles a ranking system using non-academic (community service and leadership criteria) plus GPA and MCAT score, so if one category is low another might balance it out.

Good luck!

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSU Class of 2004

docflanny,

Did you and I interview on the same day? I can't remember for sure, but your name sure sounds familiar.

Dr.P,

Flanny nailed it. We actually have similar stats. Cum GPA: 3.53 Sci GPA: 3.49 MCAT 8V 10P 9B Q writing. Lots of volunteer and extracurricular activities. Physician shadowing ect.., Hospital experience.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

DocGibby...a.k.a. Aaron Gibson? Interviewed Oct. 14? I thought it might be you, but wasn't sure. Well if this is you congratulations!!! It was sure nice to know about getting accepted early wasn't it? Well I'll have to talk to you and PEDS more about MSU later.

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSU Class of 2004

DocGibby and DocFlanny,

Did both of you submit a recommendation letter from a D.O.? I did not, and am wondering if that will be a negative.

Dr.P

Dr. P,

I did submit a letter of recommendation from a D.O. physician. I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes. What I believe is most important is that it is a strong letter. It might also be beneficial if you've shadowed a D.O. and/or researched the philosophy.

p.s. a friend of mine just interviewed there who did not have a letter from a D.O.

Write if you have more questions.

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSU Class of 2004

You got me Flanny. It was quite a relief to find out so early.

Dr.P,

I didn't have an osteopathic physicians letter, and it was never an issue. Obviously, having one is the best course but only if it's going to be a strong letter. I submitted a letter from a PhD (my research mentor) and the Dean of Students at my University. I picked them because they knew me the best of anyone, and therefore would give me great recommendations.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004