MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything yet?! I called there to verify the completion of my application (the web thing doesn't work for me) and the secretray had to go and get it from someones desk. At least I wasn't flagged by the secretary! But no word yet...I haven't sent out any other apps yet (still waiting on my DO to get that letter out!!) Is this dumb? I visited MSUCOM this summer and the Assistant Dean said that I at least had a good shot at the school, but ED was a bad plan so I am going regular. I REALLY want to go there so badly. Need some support here!

Members don't see this ad.

MiGuy,

Fellow michigander here. I'm also eagerly waiting for an invite. My latest info tells me that their committee meets for the first time to set up interviews next week. Where abouts in our fine state do you hail from? I'm in the Metro area (macomb). I wonder though if they already have done the early admits. If not it could be another week or so for the rest of us to start getting invites. Good Luck. Go Green!!

DocGibby

I just got my MSUCOM secondary and I wanted to know whether it is mandatory that a physician and/or a professor should fill-out the recommendations?
Can I have someone that knows me really well who is not one of the above fill-out the recommendations?
Who completed your rec. forms?
What are your suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sith,

The best thing you can do is call up the admissions office and speak to the Dean of Admissions. They're very helpful, and should be able to give you the best advice. However, since I was kinda in the same boat as you here's mine. I had a professor (phD) that I did research with for 2 years and the Dean of Students at my school who I've also known for about 2 years write mine. When I asked the admissions office about this they said, ask a person who knows you well and can give informative answers to the questions. If you have a DO that knows you really well then use them, if not I was advised to use other professionals. The point is this. If you have a DO write for you who hasn't spent anymore time with you than the hour or so when you asked them to write you a letter, then it's probably gonna be a little bland. In that case your better off with other professionals. Admissions office will tell you the same thing but it doesn't hurt to ask. By the way, are you a michigander also?

DocGibby

docgibby:
thanks for the info. no i am not a michigan resident. I'll call up admissions first thing tomorrow, but I wanted to know if it is possible to have someone other than a professional write the letter?

MSUCOM just called (9/29 11:45 am) to inform me of an interview! No specific date yet, but they wanted to know what day of the week was best. Good luck to all fellow Michiganders here, wait for that phone to ring. By the way, they said that they would also send a letter so don't worry about the phone thing too much. Hope to see everyone who applied there!
From,
A yooper MI guy.

Congrats Miguy!! I've been at school all day , so I've not had a chance to check any messages. I plan to call the admissions office in about an hour to see if I got one today. I'm excited.

DocGibby

I just called home and checked my messages. I got an interview at MSUCOM. Date undetermined. The admissions office is at lunch at the moment, but I'll call back soon and arrange a day.

DocGibby

[This message has been edited by DocGibby (edited September 29, 1999).]

COngratulations you Michigan'ers!! Good luck with your interviews!

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX