MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OsteoMed02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a secondary from MSUCOM yet?

Members don't see this ad.

No, I emailed them, they said they were waiting for some info from AACOMAS

i recievied a letter informing me that they're waiting for my mcat scores from august to determine whether i get a secondary or not..

Members don't see this ad :)
OsteoMed, I just got my secondary today! Beware, there is a due date for all the materials to be send in by (unless its different for out-of-staters)! Mine is in ONE MONTH (Sept 24). Talk about pressure. Anyways, be patient, yours will come soon! :) BTW, I submitted my primary July 1st. Good Luck to all!!!

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck. We had our convocation today (after 7 days of orientation) and we begin classes on Monday. Good luck to all of you who are going through the application process.

Cheers,
Dale :)
MSUCOM 2005

MSUCOM came here today also!! Thats a lot of paperwork :-(

Mossjoh

I also received MSUCOM but I will not submit because of the recommendation b.s. I had a difficult time gathering my recommendations, which were written by profs who are very difficult to get a hold of. MSUCOM is strict about these rec forms and I do not want to ask my recommenders to do even more for me by filling out those lengthy forms. It's too bad because I would have loved to pursue this excellent program, even though it is not my 1st choice. Anyone else share these feelings? Good luck.

Hey guys, i too felt the same way about sending this elaborate recommendation form to my profs/doctors to fill out, but honestly, as hard as it was to ask them, if they were willing to do it the first time, it's not _that_ much harder to have them fill out out a form. if they say no, at least you know, right?

btw, it's so cool to meet your premed applicants on here, because it's even better to meet them in person! Hey Dale!

Miriam
MSUCOM class of 2005

I am an applicant to MSUCOm and i received their 2ndary. HOwever, it seems to place a lot of emphasis on DO volunteer/shadowing experience. If I don't have that, will that hurt me? In my area, there aren't any willing osteopathic physicians who will let me shadow them. but i love the osteopathic philosophy, and am dedicated to it. Do i have a chance?

Hot dang, people have secondaries from MSU-COM. I've been sitting here waiting patiently for one, hoping to hear back from them. I applied semi-late (7/29) so I kinda figured I'd still be waiting.
But, if anyone would be so kind as to post the questions for the MSU-COM secondary I would be eternally grateful.
Thank you so much!!!

BTW to the above poster "Wren1976", I couldn't help but notice you're from Canton, MI. I'm from Canton too! During the summer I actually work for Canton Township. Did you go to Plymouth Canton or Salem H.S. by any chance?