NAPLEX - anyone favor anything OVER RxPrep??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doe_eyed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I actually used RxPrep when I took my NAPLEX for the 1st time a month ago (it was still the
original version.) My friend had the online videos/quizzes, and she let me use her login. I utilized the online videos/testbank and I have the book. I messed up the 1st time because I got so involved in one math problem that I completely lost track of time - I thought only about five minutes had passed. Well, in reality 20 minutes had passed. After that it was a race against the clock. I didn't want the penalty applied to my score for not finishing, so I wound up not even reading some of the questions and blindly selecting a letter(s) or typing in a number (if it was a fill in the blank calculation.) I took the minutes to do an alligation problem, only because I like those.

Anyways, I think RxPrep goes into TOO MUCH detail. You spend so much time relearning information, that for the most part is NOT tested on the exam, and isn't strong enough for the math portion. The exam (the 1st one) was pretty basic, as far as I could tell. I don't know how the new one is. I cannot retest until after January 28th.

Has anyone used materials other than RxPrep for the new version of the NAPLEX and found it/they worked BETTER than RxPrep? Does anyone else agree with my opinions on RxPrep?

For the record, I always scored A/Bs on exams throughout pharmacy school - with little effort much of the time. I don't know what it going on now. I think I was my own worst enemy with the exam. Just now I despise that RxPrep book so much, I was wondering if anything else was better, especially because this test is a horse of a different color (or so they say.)

Thank you,

doe_eyed

P.S. if anyone is retaking an MPJE, I think the 2nd version is much easier than the 1st

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! If you don't mind spending a little bit more, then I recommend passnaplexnow .. I took and passed the naplex before the new one came out, and by the way I'm a foreign grad and haven't had any internship in the US beforehand, 'coz they allow it in TX..

I took their 5 day live review.. It was like magic, my score wasn't barely passing either.. I'm pretty sure they update their information from time to time.. I hope this helps..

Hi! If you don't mind spending a little bit more, then I recommend passnaplexnow .. I took and passed the naplex before the new one came out, and by the way I'm a foreign grad and haven't had any internship in the US beforehand, 'coz they allow it in TX..

I took their 5 day live review.. It was like magic, my score wasn't barely passing either.. I'm pretty sure they update their information from time to time.. I hope this helps..

Would you also recommend using passnaplexnow MPJE review package for studying for the Texas MPJE as well? If not, what study material do you recommend for passing the Texas law exam on the first try?

Would you also recommend using passnaplexnow MPJE review package for studying for the Texas MPJE as well? If not, what study material do you recommend for passing the Texas law exam on the first try?

i used pass the texas pharmacy law exam by sarah fichuk and guide to pharmacy federal law by Reiss and Hall.. I just took and passed it last week..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

So I actually used RxPrep when I took my NAPLEX for the 1st time a month ago (it was still the .original version..) My friend had the online videos/quizzes, and she let me use her login. I utilized the online videos/testbank and I have the book. I messed up the 1st time because I got so involved in one math problem that I completely lost track of time - I thought only about five minutes had passed. Well, in reality 20 minutes had passed. After that it was a race against the clock. I didn't want the penalty applied to my score for not finishing, so I wound up not even reading some of the questions and blindly selecting a letter(s) or typing in a number (if it was a fill in the blank calculation.) I took the minutes to do an alligation problem, only because I like those.

Anyways, I think RxPrep goes into TOO MUCH detail. You spend so much time relearning information, that for the most part is NOT tested on the exam, and isn't strong enough for the math portion. The exam (the 1st one) was pretty basic, as far as I could tell. I don't know how the new one is. I cannot retest until after January 28th.

Has anyone used materials other than RxPrep for the new version of the NAPLEX and found it/they worked BETTER than RxPrep? Does anyone else agree with my opinions on RxPrep?

For the record, I always scored A/Bs on exams throughout pharmacy school - with little effort much of the time. I don't know what it going on now. I think I was my own worst enemy with the exam. Just now I despise that RxPrep book so much, I was wondering if anything else was better, especially because this test is a horse of a different color (or so they say.)

Thank you,

doe_eyed

P.S. if anyone is retaking an MPJE, I think the 2nd version is much easier than the 1st.

I think the RxPrep book is still the most popular, at least among my graduating class. I do agree that it is very dense and seems over-detailed, but most other study books are even denser.

I keep seeing people mention "Prontopass", have you looked into that?
http://www.prontopass.com/index.php?page=specials

Last edited:
i used pass the texas pharmacy law exam by sarah fichuk and guide to pharmacy federal law by Reiss and Hall.. I just took and passed it last week..

Wow, just those two books? May I ask what score you got and how long you studied for it? Did you ever have to go over the law statutes on the Texas BOP website or use the Cacciatore review book?

I didn't get a high score thou but those two books were enough to make me pass, i got 82.. I read for about a month i read the federal law once, then the sarah fichuk book twice then answered the questions twice.. I reviewed my mistakes and read about them from the book again.

I read the DEA manual and the poison prevention law from the website. I do not have the Cacciatore book but i got a glance of the free supplemental pdf file..

My test focused more on controlled drugs and refilling prescriptions..

@Lavenme THANK YOU. passnaplexnow actually seems really good. Have you heard anything about the online course, or do you only know about their live? I wouldn't be opposed to it, it's just that at this point I don't really know if I'm up for a trip across the country....