• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

NBDE Part 1

Cren+ist

2+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
    When studying for my NBDE part 1, I didn’t see much on using Kaplan and their Q bank. I studied Dental Decks that were given to me by an upperclassman, then went through the Kaplan Q-bank (the school provided Kaplan as part of tuition). I also used the Mastery App that a classmate shared with me for free, and I used the slides from the curriculum of my first year in school. My average on nn the Kaplan Q bank 2000 questions was around a 62%. On mastery app, I went through 1000 questions with an average of 66%. Studied a couple hours each day after class through April, then studied 3-4 hours a day in May, then 5-6 hours the first week of June.

Lots of my classmates spent 300-1000 bucks extra for study materials and programs. My philosophy was to use what I’m given, I’m already spending enough as it is.

Just found out I passed.

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

averageasian

5+ Year Member
    Aug 12, 2016
    1. Dental Student
      Does anyone know the raw passing score for the NBDE part 1? Just took it and it was so hard. I would be lucky if I got over 230 questions right. :/
      Everyone feels that way after boards, unless you're some sort of genius.

I felt probably worse than you did after it and I passed on my first try. Just try to enjoy these next two weeks and check your dentpin account; you'll be surprised

Someoneelse30

Aug 7, 2019
      Miami, FL
        Everyone feels that way after boards, unless you're some sort of genius.

I felt probably worse than you did after it and I passed on my first try. Just try to enjoy these next two weeks and check your dentpin account; you'll be surprised
        Thank you! I’m trying to do things to get my mind off of it. I really hope I pass.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.