NC State University c/o 2028 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCSU CVM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Class of 2028 Applicants! This is the Student Services Office for the College of Veterinary Medicine. As you begin the application process, leave any questions you may have here and we will do our best to get them answered. You are also encouraged to review admissions requirements at the NC State CVM web site.

Members don't see this ad.

For the English requirement your website says it allows writing across the curriculum courses. Do we have to indicate this somewhere or just select the class on VMCAS for the English prerequisite?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the English requirement your website says it allows writing across the curriculum courses. Do we have to indicate this somewhere or just select the class on VMCAS for the English prerequisite?
You will indicate which course(s) you intend to satisfy each prerequisite requirement on your VMCAS application. These courses will be reviewed and verified once we start our internal review process after the VMCAS deadline.

NEW FOR THE 2024 CYCLE
The NC State supplemental application questions are located in the NC State portal within VMCAS.

Both VMCAS and the NC State supplemental applications are due at the same deadline - September 18, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.

Where do we pay the supplemental application fee?

Where do we pay the supplemental application fee?
The NC State Supplemental application is integrated into the VMCAS application. Upon submission of the VMCAS application, students will receive information on completing payment for the required supplemental application fee.

Reactions: 1 user
PLEASE READ - NEW FOR THE 2024 CYCLE
The NC State supplemental application questions are located in the NC State portal within VMCAS.

Both VMCAS and the NC State supplemental applications are due at the same deadline - September 18, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.

Upon submission of the VMCAS application, applicants will receive information on completing payment for the required supplemental application fee.

Last edited:

Annual Open House

Mark your calendars! The NC State College of Veterinary Medicine looks forward to hosting its annual Open House on
March 23, 2024 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.

OOS heard back in December last year. Any chance it will be the same timeline this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS heard back in December last year. Any chance it will be the same timeline this cycle?
1701891418197.png

Reactions: 1 users
memes as a response, this gets brownie points lol

Reactions: 1 users
93 = 27 + 10 + 23 + 21 + 12
12/21/23, 10:27pm ET
Happy Winter Solstice!
1703174626473.png

Last edited:
93 days from when the application was due is December 20th… another perspective

Summer 2023 transcripts are due December 1 and Fall 2023 transcripts are due February 1, 2024.
I submitted my summer transcript through VMCAS but they were not verified since it was past the academic update period. Did you still receive it or I will have to send it again?

Whoever runs this page must be a swiftie.. these Easter eggs are very Taylor-like

Reactions: 5 users
I'm going delulu I need to crack this code, but maybe counting down hours? Like the original post if you go 93ish hours from then it would be tomorrow, and now today 27 hours which would also be tomorrow? But like the exact times don't match lol
But also that makes sense for in-state and OOS acceptance numbers lol I am going to lose my mind I can't wait any longer for my fate to be revealed

Maybe it’s both the number and hours. 93 hours before the 93 IS find out and 27 hours before the 27 OOS find out

Maybe it’s both the number and hours. 93 hours before the 93 IS find out and 27 hours before the 27 OOS find out
IS applicants usually don't hear anything until February or March (but I wish it was in 93 hours lol)

Reactions: 2 users
Is this address where we should send transcripts? My school is a little out of date and still uses physical transcripts.

NC State College of Veterinary Medicine
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

IS applicants usually don't hear anything until February or March (but I wish it was in 93 hours lol)
Oh that’s so late! I want to hear back from them so bad I can’t image waiting that long

Is this address where we should send transcripts? My school is a little out of date and still uses physical transcripts.

NC State College of Veterinary Medicine
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607
Yes, this is the correct mailing address.

I submitted my summer transcript through VMCAS but they were not verified since it was past the academic update period. Did you still receive it or I will have to send it again?
Email us at <[email protected]> so we can look to see if we have what we need or if we need to have you send the summer transcript.

I doubt it is acceptance numbers. Schools don’t accept students equally to the number of seats. They have to over accept as some will deny!

If we get it right can we get an automatic acceptance haha

Reactions: 5 users