NC State University c/o 2028 Applicants

Started by NCSU CVM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we still going with the Cher route bc that song was released in 1965 …. So maybe. Today (19th) we are risen and shining to find out at 6:50pm…. 🏳️‍🌈
Okay, so back to the drawing board if we want to redirect our delusions to the Kelci brothers—> 87+62=149… DROP the 4… you get 19! Are we rising up for the day TODAY or the day on the 23rd??? Or are we rising because 1/23… idk anymore 😵‍💫🤢😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG_0366.jpeg
 
Does anyone have any idea how much the OOS waitlist has moved in past years? I know it’s unranked also but just wondering if anyone had more info on what the chances of getting off the waitlist were like.
 
[mention]NCSU CVM [/mention] I was wondering if you’re able to share what the class size for this cycle will be. I also was wondering if the IS waitlist will be about 25 students again (I believe that’s what it was last year based off other SDN discussions). Thank you in advance !
 
Does anyone have any idea how much the OOS waitlist has moved in past years? I know it’s unranked also but just wondering if anyone had more info on what the chances of getting off the waitlist were like.
Each cycle is different so there is no reliable way to forecast a number. It can be single digits or the entire list.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[mention]NCSU CVM [/mention] I was wondering if you’re able to share what the class size for this cycle will be. I also was wondering if the IS waitlist will be about 25 students again (I believe that’s what it was last year based off other SDN discussions). Thank you in advance !
The UNC System has granted the CVM the ability to admit a class of 125 ( we plan to create a class of 100 NC residents and 25 Non-residents). We haven't determined the size of the IS waitlist yet. However, it's likely to be in the neighborhood of what we've used in the recent past.
 
[mention]NCSU CVM [/mention] are you able to share an approximation of how many in state candidates are being considered? Curious about the odds of in state acceptance.
 
Does anyone know how the in state Kira interviews work? Like does everyone IS get offered one or is it 324 IS offered interviews and considered vs only some of the 324 getting interview invites ?
 
Does anyone know how the in state Kira interviews work? Like does everyone IS get offered one or is it 324 IS offered interviews and considered vs only some of the 324 getting interview invites ?

I got my invite and did mine in October…. To my understanding ( I COULD BE WRONG) if you meet the academic minimums/requirements then you get an invite
 
I got my invite and did mine in October…. To my understanding ( I COULD BE WRONG) if you meet the academic minimums/requirements then you get an invite

Yeah I’m trying to figure out the odds of acceptance. Like if 342 is the number of people invited to interview or the number that applied. Right now I figure it’s roughly 1 in 3 chance of acceptance but if it’s 342 applicants IS and less than that that were actually invited to interview then the odds could be better. I guess it’s kind of moot at this point since we’ll all find out in a week [emoji28]
 
Does anyone know how the in state Kira interviews work? Like does everyone IS get offered one or is it 324 IS offered interviews and considered vs only some of the 324 getting interview invites ?
Due to the tight timeline, all NC resident applicants are sent the Kira Talent interview information. However, some applicants are disqualified from consideration after completing the interview. The timeline doesn't allow us to wait until the credential screening process is completed to then send the interview invitation. Therefore, the pool of applicants reviewed for admission is less than the 342 who submitted an application.
 
Due to the tight timeline, all NC resident applicants are sent the Kira Talent interview information. However, some applicants are disqualified from consideration after completing the interview. The timeline doesn't allow us to wait until the credential screening process is completed to then send the interview invitation. Therefore, the pool of applicants reviewed for admission is less than the 342 who submitted an application.
Are applicants disqualified due to the interview? Asking as someone who is not confident recording themselves 🥴
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad