This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kyrios00

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a GPA of 3.5 and I scored a 500 on the mcat. I plan to retake the mcat in January. Since then I have been working and I was able to pay off all of my student debt accumulated during my undergrad years. My dilemma is this, after I did bad on the mcat I accepted admission into a 1 year nursing program. I figured while applying for medical school next year I would get clinical experience and also be able to make extra money before entering. If I did this plan I would only be able to work as a nurse for about 6 months before I left to medical school or I could put off med school and work for a year and a half and save up money as a nurse so I wouldn't have to take out student loans. As of now I am 1 month in the program and I am considering dropping out so I can start medical school as soon as possible as oppose to putting it off for a year. If I dropped out I would have a year to work and save before entering it wouldn't be as much money I would make as a nurse but I would spare a year. My main concern is how the admissions committee would look at me as a candidate seeing that I started but didn't finish a program . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

We're not going to care since you started the program at the same time as the app cycle.
Would you advise me to finish the program and still apply to pcom or drop out and enter their masters program to increase my chances of getting admitted