Need Biochemistry Course (after graduating)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnybutt3000

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I found out only too late that the biochemistry course I took in my undergrad doesn't count toward KCUMB's 3 semester hour biochemistry requirement. I looked at 2 community colleges near me and neither seem to offer it, and applying to the local university would cost nearly 1,000$ for just one class.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't personally know much about this, but UNE offers it online I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't personally know much about this, but UNE offers it online I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
UNE is pretty pricey, too, at $1320 for the course, and it's quite intensive. There's also Berkeley Extension, but that one is around $900 with a worse course timeline. Unfortunately, these are two of the better online course providers.

UNE is pretty pricey, too, at $1320 for the course, and it's quite intensive. There's also Berkeley Extension, but that one is around $900 with a worse course timeline. Unfortunately, these are two of the better online course providers.

Are the Berkeley extension classes only available on campus? it doesn't say it is available online. also what do you mean by worse course timeline?

Are the Berkeley extension classes only available on campus? it doesn't say it is available online. also what do you mean by worse course timeline?
That's strange. There were online sections of it available a few months ago, but maybe that has changed since I can't find it either.

Can I ask why that Biochem class didn't count?

Well, its rather that because it was on the quarter system, it only amounts to 2.667 semester hours. I emailed admissions and they said I needed to have at least 3 full semester hours

Well, its rather that because it was on the quarter system, it only amounts to 2.667 semester hours. I emailed admissions and they said I needed to have at least 3 full semester hours
Ok thanks because I was wondering if it was the name of the course but I guess it's more of the credit hours

A lot of community colleges have online biochem. However, I don't think they're self-paced if that's an issue.

Meh just don't apply to DO schools that require biochem then :shifty:

OP, see if the University offers a payment plan if $$$ is tight. The one by me does (In 5 or 10 installments)