Need Help Adding a Few More Schools to My List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reader88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
MN resident
Stats: 517 balanced, cGPA 3.89 sGPA 3.87
EC's: 500+ non-clinical, ~200 clinical volunteering
Leader of club 3 years of undergrad
TA experience
1000 scribe hours
~2000 paid public health employment hours
Research: Weak, rural health research with a poster presentation

School list so far:
Reaches:
Yale
Case
Mayo
Pitt
Michigan
Northwestern

Solid:
Oakland-B
MCW
UMN
Western Mich
Hofstra
EVMS
Carle Illinois
Ohio
Morsani
Dartmouth
Sidney Kimmel
Rochester
Miami
Loma Linda (not SDA, but devout Christian)

Looking to add ~5 more from the following: Wake Forest, Cincinnati, Indiana, Wisconsin, Brown, Tufts, Quinnipiac, VCU, Loyola, Iowa, Tulane, UVM

Any thoughts on which of these are my best bet? I am also planning on applying to a few DO.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Given your stats and app, the Jefferson class schools will resource protect and not give you an II, given that you'll probably get into a higher caliber school.

I suggest:

Yale
Case
Mayo
Pitt
Michigan
Northwestern

UMN
Hofstra
Ohio
Morsani
Dartmouth
Rochester
Miami

Cincinnati,
Wisconsin,
Loyola,
Iowa,
Tulane,
UVM

If you're willing to have Tufts on your list, then you can have Harvard and Yale instead. You should also consider U Penn, U Chicago and WashU, plus the Manhattan Titans and Duke

You don't need DO

Reactions: 1 users
Given your stats and app, the Jefferson class schools will resource protect and not give you an II, given that you'll probably get into a higher caliber school.

I suggest:

Yale
Case
Mayo
Pitt
Michigan
Northwestern

UMN
Hofstra
Ohio
Morsani
Dartmouth
Rochester
Miami

Cincinnati,
Wisconsin,
Loyola,
Iowa,
Tulane,
UVM

If you're willing to have Tufts on your list, then you can have Harvard and Yale instead. You should also consider U Penn, U Chicago and WashU, plus the Manhattan Titans and Duke

You don't need DO
Thanks Goro, I appreciate the feedback! I am worried about the yield protection you mentioned, but also think I'll get screened out of all the top schools for my weak research experience. I'll just hope I have luck with my state school and the mid-tiers, and probably will save my money and not apply DO. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user