NEW NAPLEX - no partial credit on select all that apply? T/F?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doe_eyed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to RxPrep instructions:

For the NAPLEX: You may have heard that the exam is somewhat more complex, and there are a higher percentage of Select ALL that Apply questions, which do not have partial credit.

Is this true??? Obviously, I believe yes. How much partial credit was given on old exam?

This seems like a pretty BIG DEAL to me. I didn't pass NAPLEX the 1st time - I took it a little over a month ago when it was still the original format. Now that I read this, I'm really panic stricken for taking it again.

doe_eyed

Members don't see this ad.

Don't panic, I just received my score and I took the new NAPLEX in the first week of November. I was way panicking. I passed and I swear to god they HAVE to have given partial for select all because it was like ~40% of the exam. And there's no way that I got them all right!

Don't focus on this, just focus on studying what you can do to pass. You got this

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you SO much. But oh God...40% of the exam?!!! Is it really formatted in a "residency-like/collaborative agreement" format? By this I mean- they present a case and want us to figure out if the therapy is correct/what we would do to change/improve it and so on? Plus, I failed the MPJE a second time and I was POSITIVE I passed. I left it so confident and happy. I don't know what's going on. It's either a conspiracy or my brain has turned to mush. I missed it by two points the 1st time...studied even more for the re-take. I thought the exam was so much easier than the 1st version. I was getting select all that apply, so I do feel that in terms of it being "adaptive" I was doing something correctly. I felt these questions were easy though - many were about technicians and I knew that like the back of my hand. Then I got my score and I got a 68. I seriously was suicidal. I got over it in a few hours once that feeling changed to rage...but I'm sick of this now. How much more can I take really?

Is it because I need to pass the NAPLEX 1st?? BEFORE I even bother trying to pass an MPJE??

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't answer the MPJE questions for you because I literally have been studying my a** off for the CPJE.. which is a totally different exam.
I'm sorry! Don't let your spirit get down! Seriously I felt super crappy the whole time I was waiting and I'm still feeling crappy with a few days left for the CPJE..

But no, the questions for the "select all" is NOT how you described it. I didn't know that you could describe questions with "residency-like/collaborative" because that was exactly how I THOUGHT the questions would be like... but it's not clinical in that aspect. Mainly it is just simply asking you to select all the correct answers to the question. No tricks, but the tricky thing is is that it's the details that can make your brain explode. A question may ask you which lab monitoring requirements should you check for this patient? Ie: CBC, LFTs, auditory levels, and etc. So it's just a you know it or you don't to those questions. (Do you have RXPREP? because the questions aren't exactly the same, but the style of the questions are for select all" -- if you don't have time, don't do all the RXPREP questions but focus on knowing the details for each disease state treatment one by one. You don't need to know the algorithms

Reactions: 1 users
I can't answer the MPJE questions for you because I literally have been studying my a** off for the CPJE.. which is a totally different exam.
I'm sorry! Don't let your spirit get down! Seriously I felt super crappy the whole time I was waiting and I'm still feeling crappy with a few days left for the CPJE..

But no, the questions for the "select all" is NOT how you described it. I didn't know that you could describe questions with "residency-like/collaborative" because that was exactly how I THOUGHT the questions would be like... but it's not clinical in that aspect. Mainly it is just simply asking you to select all the correct answers to the question. No tricks, but the tricky thing is is that it's the details that can make your brain explode. A question may ask you which lab monitoring requirements should you check for this patient? Ie: CBC, LFTs, auditory levels, and etc. So it's just a you know it or you don't to those questions. (Do you have RXPREP? because the questions aren't exactly the same, but the style of the questions are for select all" -- if you don't have time, don't do all the RXPREP questions but focus on knowing the details for each disease state treatment one by one. You don't need to know the algorithms

Your response was beyond helpful. Thank you so much. Yes, I do have RxPrep. My concern was the fact it's the 2015 version, and I didn't really want to spend however much more come mid-January on teh "updated" version which probably won't be much different.

bbypeach, how long have you been studying for the CPJE? And I assume this would be your first attempt? What do you think are the differences between studying for the NAPLEX and studying for the clinical portion of the CPJE, besides focusing more on drug dosing?

(Do you have RXPREP? because the questions aren't exactly the same, but the style of the questions are for select all"
Hello,
Can you buy the Rx prep online question bank without the videos (since the total for the Rx prep complete online review is $800-$1000)? Or do you have to buy the videos to get the question bank?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I
Thanks!!!! This is awesome!
I bought the 90 day test bank as well. The only thing is, you cannot access the "compounding update" information. I do have this information if anyone is interested. PM me. They are saved as PDFs that I can send. RxPrep said that this "update" will only be useful up until mid-January.

There was never any partial credit for "select all that apply" according to RxPrep

I

I bought the 90 day test bank as well. The only thing is, you cannot access the "compounding update" information. I do have this information if anyone is interested. PM me. They are saved as PDFs that I can send. RxPrep said that this "update" will only be useful up until mid-January.
Hey can send that update

I

Hello doe_eyed,
Could you send the compounding update PDF in my email, please?
I'm having my naplex coming in just a week and very much nervous about not having the new material......

I

Pls can you email the compounding update information? Thanks for your help.