Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, so in terms of RESIDENCY, does it matter if you went to a brand new school? For example, will those in CUSOM who are the inaugural class of 2017 have a harder time getting into their desired residency just because the school is brand new? I'm not talking about the risk of grades being bad because its new etc etc. I'm asking if a school is seen as "better" by the residency people if it's a bit older. For example how would a NYCOM or an ATSU-SOMA graduate be viewed as opposed to a CUSOM or ACOM graduate? Or it doesnt matter?
but I guess I have to research the hospitals where rotations take place and see what programs they have...CUSOM seemed amazing as a school though and although SOMA and NYCOM are choices for me, I might take the 'risk' and go to the new DO school