passion11381

2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2016
I have been taking Next Step exams and have scored
NS1 503
NS2 503
(58% Correct Overall)
However, I did really poor on one section (P/S 49% correct) and Next step gave me a 125 in that section.

So how accurate are these scores? I had a friend take all 10 Next Step exams and average 505 and 506 on all of them and got a 501 on the real exam in July. I am not sure how accurate 58% correlates to a 503?

Someone else I know has been using Altius exams and has been getting 70% correct and has been getting 504-505. Is next step just inflating the scores?

Basically my question: Should I buy Altius exams or another company instead? I have the AAMC Full Lengths but my test date isn't for another 25 days so I will take AAMC 2 next week and AAMC 1 the following week.

(I have also taken EK1=56% correct
And AAMC Sample
C/P 56%
CARs 74%
B/B 54%
P/S 75%)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2012
Status
  1. Medical Student
CARs and Psych are good. I know it's not an exact correlation but for reference I got an 80% on AAMC FL 1 P/S and it gave me a 126.

I read a thread from awhile back that NS scores consistently under 505 can be really wacky because they inflate low scores, I don't know if they fixed that or not. I scored slightly higher than you on NS exams but similar and I am taking an AAMC FL this week so I'll let you know how it goes!

The only way to truly judge where you are is a score FL under realistic conditions.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads