This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DO-girl

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am thinking of applying to an NMM/OMT residency for 2017, but have some questions.... There are currently 8 NMM/OMT residencies, and as far as I can tell, they are all 2 years of NMM/OMT after a one year traditional internship. Are any of these programs combined, or do I have to apply to a TI and then apply for NMM/OMT next year? If I do need to apply separately for a TI, will a program be more likely to accept me if they know I'm planning to apply to them for NMM/OMT? Thanks for any insight you can provide!
 
Florida hospital east Orlando has a combined family medicine NMM which is just one extra year (4 years total with the fam Med). I don't know much about the other programs but no TI is required for that one. I think they accept 2 per year.