This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOvsMDplease

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m a 26 year old non-traditional student and need a decent Mcat score for my 3.32 gpa.
I have a science/bio background but need to do some serious content review for the MCAT and not sure about the timeframe I should leave for this. I’m starting a post/bac program end of August. Would three months of full time, 8-10 hour studying a day prepare me for a 510? My diagnostic score on Kaplan was a 492...(Before studying anything). Today is May 25th 2020.

I’m really worried that I’ll have to retake my MCAT during winter break of my postbac program.I May get into an SMP but just cause of my uncertainty for MCAT I’m afraid I’ll have to decline. Basically I’m deciding what to accept based on ability to study for Mcat.

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a similar situation. 492 on a diagnostic, trying to figure out a plan to get a 510 by end of August. You're not alone! Hopefully someone can offer advise.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Three months of 8-10 hours of studying should be enough. As long as you can stick to regular study schedule and sleep schedule, you can definitely reach your dream score. I‘m not sure what material you’re using, but here’s my suggestion that uses a Kaplan 7-book review. Do your content review for about 1 month, starting with memorization-based subjects, like biology, biochemistry, and P/S. Use KA to understand any abstract concepts and create your own Anki deck to drill on high yield materials. Once you’re done reviewing, start doing third party practice problems and practice tests for about three weeks. I only used Altius FL’s as my third party resources. With 5-6 weeks away from test day, you should start doing AAMC materials and thoroughly review any mistakes. Start with section bank, then sample test, and finally FL’s. Your AAMC FL4 score should be quite similar to your actual test score. Last but DEFINITELY not least, start practicing CARS ASAP. Start with third party resources, like JW or KA, to practice timing, then move on to AAMC QPacks and review their logic thoroughly. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users