Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Purposely spelled wolfy wrong in order to not look like a wolf. Now THATS wolfy afWofly af
Lynch pipperoni
Lynch Dubz
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Purposely spelled wolfy wrong in order to not look like a wolf. Now THATS wolfy afWofly af
Lynch pipperoni
you have not seen me spectate.
its that one LIS rule, right?Wofly af
Lynch pipperoni
LIS bussing AND demonstrating the LIS rule. I'm just tryin to make my grandpa proud!Voting without reading your role PM? Are you LIS bussing?!
Lynch WZ
tooooooo bad, ya doorknobIf I can't see it, it didn't happen. 😛
Wait a second you can't lynch me, I'm the mod!Purposely spelled wolfy wrong in order to not look like a wolf. Now THATS wolfy af
Lynch Dubz
When has that EVER stopped us from lynch voting someone?Wait a second you can't lynch me, I'm the mod!
![]()
Actually that was technically a mechanic in a game beforeWhen has that EVER stopped us from lynch voting someone?
Now all I have to do is lynch someone who is already deadLIS bussing AND demonstrating the LIS rule. I'm just tryin to make my grandpa proud!
Wut? That is exactly what the noobs need. They dont need coddling they need drill sergeants.
I volunteer you to take one for the team and train up the new batch. Hell, you should mentor ALL of them.
SOV out.
First rule of WW: Don't talk about...
Wait no that's not right.
Uh...
Try this?
😉
Kara's right - the best way to learn is to play!
It's definitely not as complicated as it looks when reading through the threads.
But, because I need a quick break from finals...
Basics:
- Typically the game is divided into day cycles and night cycles (in these games, the day/night cycles typically kind of coincide with actual day/night). Games last a variable length of time; the most common length on this site seems to be around 8-12 days.
- There are groups of good guys (villagers) and bad guys (werewolves). Sometimes there are more groups, but the basics are just good vs. bad.
- At the start of the game, none of the villagers know who the wolves are. All of the wolves know who the other wolves are because they are put into a special group PM that is opened by the moderators. Which players are on each team is decided randomly (using "rng" or a "random number generator" system) by the moderators prior to the game start.
- The goal of the village is to lynch all the wolves (eliminate them by voting to lynch them during the day time). The goal of the wolves is to kill all the villagers by telling the moderator who they want to kill each night (usually one villager per night). The game ends when all of the wolves are lynched or the number of remaining villagers is equal to the number of wolves -- whichever happens first.
- Villagers decide who to lynch by talking about who they find suspicious (online, that means posting in the game thread). Wolves also post in the thread and pretend to act like villagers so they don't get caught.
- Lynches are majority rules: each player submits their own vote by posting it, e.g. Lynch Pippy. Moderators tally the votes, and whoever has the most votes at the end of the day cycle is lynched.
- Once players are lynched or killed by wolves, they are eliminated from the game. So, players will try to convince people to vote to lynch someone else.
- In many games, private messages (PMs) are opened up as extra lines of communication between individual players. The extent of these communications is up to the game designer. Wolves almost always have their own group PM where they can talk about their strategy without the village "hearing" what they are up to.
- Special Abilities (e.g. "seer" and "protector") are often given to villagers and to wolves at the start of the game to help them towards meeting their win conditions. These are often referred to as Roles, because in themed games you will typically get assigned a character along with your role. For example: in the Lion King game, I was Scar -- a wolf who could avoid being lynched a few times. So, I was on the wolf team, Scar was the role, and lynch avoidance was the ability. Roles and abilities can get very complex and the exact allocation changed for every game based on who designed the game. In noob games, typically the abilities will be pretty sparse/straightforward and your manator can help you figure out how to use your ability if you are given one. Players without abilities are referred to as "vanilla" or "vanillagers," if they are on the village team.
General guidelines:
- it is good form to submit a lynch vote every day!
- active participation in the game helps you figure things out, hence it can help your team win (pro tip: on SDN you can "watch" the game thread so you get alerts when things are posted in the game thread & therefore keep track of it more easily).
- If you are given a special ability, it is good form to submit the name of the player on whom you want to use your action every night. Submissions happen in a private role PM between you and the moderator.
- Moderators aka mods design the game (pick a theme, choose the # of wolves vs. villagers, determine what special abilities they would like to give to players) and keep the game running by talking up lynch votes and executing all of the night actions submitted by players (e.g. killing the night kill targets submitted by wolves). They are usually available to answer questions about roles and abilities, but may not answer all of them if it would be detrimental to the fun of the game to give too much away. Be nice to them; they put a lot of work into these games! 😉
(Can maybe format this later so it's not a giant wall of text...)
LIS bussing AND demonstrating the LIS rule. I'm just tryin to make my grandpa proud!
Now all I have to do is lynch someone who is already dead
*ducks and runs*
Unofficial This-Isn't-Even-A-Game Lynch Tally
Pipsqueak (2) - Pip, WZ
WZ (2) - AM, ChezD
What is even happening... but Dubz you're winning...
EDIT: Forgot Pip's vote, it's a TIE!!!
Did somebody say a tie?![]()

pretty sure I invented that! at least I'm for sure taking credit for it 😀Sorry Kara, tiebreaker
######
Lynch WZ
######
Since she won't let me play as a noob.[emoji8]
(Lynch vote on mobile app in hashtags since can't do bold print)
You have TWO modatees, I could probably make something over break. I like doing stuff like that.This makes me want to do this like a big/little match where everyone fills out a questionnaire and I try to pair you up from that.
But I am far too lazy![]()
Never get in so deep that y*is confused at this non-game*
I just realized your avatar moves...You have TWO modatees, I could probably make something over break. I like doing stuff like that.
That my dear, is this cool newfangled technology we call a GIF.I just realized your avatar moves...
Apparently, yes?I just realized your avatar moves...
I just played an entire game with you. Am I oblivious??
I'm told we're supposed to have patience for write ups, but I usually just call modbandonment immediately.I learn by doing. I want to do. This game had better not require patience. Quite sure I have none of that.
Jil's avatar is clearly haunted.Never get in so deep that y
I just realized your avatar moves...
I just played an entire game with you. Am I oblivious??
Lynch paws
for breaking the tie and to put another person on the board
Also for grudge voting
Could be afraid that wolf mom would sniff out her wolf pup
Are manatees the good people, or the bad people?
Newbs vs WW veterans would be a freaking hilarious game. Especially if there was more than two groups...Either. Manatees are the players and whether they are good or bad depends on what role they get when roles come out
Noobies vs Boobies!!! We really should do another one. i was looking back and the first one a lot of the noobs had actually played 5 or more games by then, it was just still within our first yearNewbs vs WW veterans would be a freaking hilarious game. Especially if there was more than two groups...
Have I even played five or more games at this point??Noobies vs Boobies!!! We really should do another one. i was looking back and the first one a lot of the noobs had actually played 5 or more games by then, it was just still within our first year
Idk but there was a range on the noob side. It was self-categorization during sign ups, so wherever you felt you belonged 😉Have I even played five or more games at this point??
I accept the challenge.(If you <really> need another manator, I'll do it. But my manatee has to be thick-skinned.)
Yup! Probably 9pm day close, 6am night close (but I'll do my typical early close if I get all actions in by midnight)Time works for me; checking on my friend. He never gave a definitive answer.
Edit: are we gonna have typical day/night cycles after the first day?
@kcoughli I think LIS just jacked your manateeI accept the challenge.

@kcoughli I think LIS just jacked your manatee
The game hasn't even started and the drama is already going, I love it.![]()
This is in your fictional leastern time zone, correct?Yup! Probably 9pm day close, 6am night close (but I'll do my typical early close if I get all actions in by midnight)
Yes indeed, ESTThis is in the only real time zone, correct?
👍Yes indeed, the worst timezone you could possibly imagine. We all go to bed at like 10 PM in the correct time zones because our time zone is a mistake
We are going to get started with a long cycle sometime between Christmas Eve and New Year's (meaning it will be a longer day than usual - probably 24 hours - to give everyone a chance to check in). This game will have a Christmas/Holiday/Winter theme!!! If that works for you, please like this post. If you have a preferred start date or a date in there that won't work, reply and let me know. If this range DOES NOT WORK for you at all...probably should move your name to the alternate list just in case something funky happens.
Manatees
@johnnaboo
@cosmokot
@greeneyegal92
@Lawper
@MixedAnimals77
@Coquette22
@Vombatidae
@youngkal
@Rozzieray
@Melchizedek Is your roommate definitely going to play?
@LabLuv004
@hopefuldogtor
@killerleaf
@BONELESSCAT
@Clover the Golden Doodle
@flameshock
@SportPonies Is your friend going to play?
@Skyerien
@SoFloGryffindor
@StayingPositive2017 - don't get too excited 😉
Manators
@Melchizedek
@vetmedhead
@Karabiner13
@Animal Midwife
@JaynaAli
@LyraGardenia
@raf2769
@SportPonies
@Trilt
@Cyndia
@PippyPony
@Kam325
@nohika
@finnickthedog
@genny
@allieh8607
@LetItSnow
Alternates
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.