Noob Game 2020 Sign-Ups [CLOSED] - All New WW Players Welcome!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When would you like the game to start? Pick your top 2. Games typically last 1-2 weeks

• December 17

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • December 18

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • December 19

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • December 20

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Later than the above options

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
If they're the treats I'm thinking of, totally counts. Would definitely hit that if I was faced with starvation.
They look a lot like the large cylinders of pocket pet food my boyfriend and I use for our hamsters and gerbils. He asked me one time why in the world I had hamster food just laying around my car. As I'm typing this, I am suddenly less confused about the inhabitance of squirrels in my previous car's engine.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have emergency water bottles in my car but seriously lacking in emergency food...which seems appropriate, given who I am
Yeah I always have water bottles in my car. As for emergency food, I usually have little packages of this Biscoff cookie things that one of the airlines give, in my bag I take with me on rotations. But I don’t always have it.

Reactions: 1 users
Serious question, why can't I access the lounge? I feel like a 2nd class SDNer
I think it's a post count requirement but it's weird seeing as you definitely have enough posts, I'd ask a mod maybe!

Reactions: 1 user
The lounge randomly disappeared for me a couple months ago and I ended up in having to ping Lee to get access reinstated... I wonder if whatever group I fell into, you do now. We never really figured out what happened with me.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
...you know when you're a kid, and you want to stay up late to do exciting things like the grown ups... and then you grow up and you realize that sleep is important and late night TV is awful?

That's what the lounge is. You're not a second class citizen, and you're not missing much, imo.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Getting to know you" question...

What emergency food do you all keep around, and where do you keep it?
I always have water and various snacks in my backpack and car, from boxes of cheez its to clif bars to pop tarts.
I also have stocked my school mailbox with clif bars, nature valley crunch bars, and a pop tart in case I (or friends) get hungry on junior surgery days :laugh: I’ve been meaning to move them to the locker I apparently now have in the VTH but haven’t gotten around to finding where that is

Reactions: 1 user
...you know when you're a kid, and you want to stay up late to do exciting things like the grown ups... and then you grow up and you realize that sleep is important and late night TV is awful?

That's what the lounge is. You're not a second class citizen, and you're not missing much, imo.
:( There are a lot of good, supportive people in the lounge, and fun to be had as well

Reactions: 2 users
"Getting to know you" question...

What emergency food do you all keep around, and where do you keep it?
California fires for the past 3 years made us get a “go bag” together with no perishables for 2 weeks :)
Granola bars, water, protein powder, canned veggies, etc

• Care
You fools, you keep food and water around and easily accessible?

I intend to die the way I lived, dehydrated and only realizing I haven't eaten all day once it's dark out

Although if I do have to be forced to stock emergency items, it's tea that had pictures of medieval dragons on the box and candy. A lot of candy.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I would post links to games I've modded but they mainly stand as monuments to my sick sense of humor and complete and utter lack of self control when it comes to shoving dumb mechanics into games

• Haha
  • Wow
I can’t fall asleep and somehow ended back up on this thread. It’s much more hilarious reading through the manators going back and forth now that I know y’all.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I’ve realized though if I don’t play in any more games this year I can be a grasshopper in the next noob game :heckyeah:
1) Gaming the system is frowned upon :p
2) there's no guarantee of how this year's noob game will look, since I may not be modding it and the grasshopper and padawan additions were mine

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
2) there's no guarantee of how this year's noob game will look, since I may not be modding it and the grasshopper and padawan additions were mine
It’s not gaming there system. I’ve only played 7 games! Lol

I love getting notifications in the middle of the night that samac is liking posts I made last year about how much I like spreadsheets :laugh:
Set yourself up for modding since the noob game sign up! It was impressive!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
1) *insert Bread’s “this” react*
2) :heckyeah:
Just wanna point out that superWildPonies is a really excellent mod team name :thinking:

• Wow
I just created something atrocious for the first post of the game. You all are very welcome.

Edit: this is the wrong thread

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users