You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Notes on a Scandal: Texas Waitlist!
Started by aggiesarah2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
howdy,
got in off the wl today. psyched. gl and stay strong.
How did you hear? Snail or E? Have you been bugging Dr. Jones?
Congrats!
howdy,
got in off the wl today. psyched. gl and stay strong.
Congratulations!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
93106
when i got waitlisted i sent a hand-written letter reiterating my passions. two weeks ago i inquired about the state of the waitlist. this morning upon waking i got the call.
thanks you guys!
thanks you guys!
How did you hear? Snail or E? Have you been bugging Dr. Jones?
Congrats!
No joke! I'm also now stuck in a rut of checking my email and this thread multiple times a day. I think there is a decent chance we get some kind of update from utsw next week.
I can't believe that there was no movement all through April. Good news is that I know of a couple people in my small circle who got into Baylor recently and will be dropping their utsw acceptance.
Anything leadig you to think that there will be an email soon, or just wild speculation? 😀
Dont get me wrong, I love speculating, but I don't want to develop an ulcer anytime soon if I don't hear something soon when it is speculated that I will be!
On that note, my LMFU hasn't changed... it's stuck somehwere in mid-march.
.
Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about TCOM's waitlist....sigh.. I am avoiding my parents now because they keep asking what I am going to do after I graduate. I don't know...... 🙁
BUMP
Nothing other than the e-mail I received last month indicating that they expected most movement to be in the May-June time frame like most everyone else.
Has anyone heard anything about TCOM's waitlist....sigh.. I am avoiding my parents now because they keep asking what I am going to do after I graduate. I don't know...... 🙁
Nothing other than the e-mail I received last month indicating that they expected most movement to be in the May-June time frame like most everyone else.
.
Last edited:
just got into utmb from the waitlist...got the email today at 2:21PM =D
just got into utmb from the waitlist...got the email today at 2:21PM =D
Would that be the in-state regular MD wait list?
Would that be the in-state regular MD wait list?
should be...my status is iffy though cause i'm an international student but i graduated from a TX high school and am attending a US college...i put down tx resident on my app though but i'm on a student visa
6
63768
just got into utmb from the waitlist...got the email today at 2:21PM =D
hey congrats! (i'm the dude you talked to through nancy). that's great to hear!
Just recieved an email from Wes Norred informing me that my acceptance letter is on the way by regular mail! Just in case anybody is wondering, I was in the top 1/3 of the waitlist, so it looks like they have already gone through top 1/10 and 1/25!
Congrats!!Just recieved an email from Wes Norred informing me that my acceptance letter is on the way by regular mail! Just in case anybody is wondering, I was in the top 1/3 of the waitlist, so it looks like they have already gone through top 1/10 and 1/25!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got into utmb from the waitlist...got the email today at 2:21PM =D
CONGRATS!! Just wondering, did you hold any other spots before?
.
Last edited:
dont worry david. i'm right there with u i'm in the top 25% n nothing yet
Just recieved an email from Wes Norred informing me that my acceptance letter is on the way by regular mail! Just in case anybody is wondering, I was in the top 1/3 of the waitlist, so it looks like they have already gone through top 1/10 and 1/25!
congrats to whatinthworld
congrats to whatinthworld
9
93106
congratulations you guys!
Just recieved an email from Wes Norred informing me that my acceptance letter is on the way by regular mail! Just in case anybody is wondering, I was in the top 1/3 of the waitlist, so it looks like they have already gone through top 1/10 and 1/25!
congrats to whatinthworld
congratuations!!
there is at least one person in the top 10/top 25 who did not get the acceptance email today (me!). am i the only one? kinda odd..
dont worry david. i'm right there with u i'm in the top 25% n nothing yet
Now I am scared that I will get an email telling me there was a mistake!!

Now I am scared that I will get an email telling me there was a mistake!!![]()
Congrats! Did you have a spot somewhere else previously?
Congrats! Did you have a spot somewhere else previously?
Yes, I had an acceptance to Texas Tech.
there is at least one person in the top 10/top 25 who did not get the acceptance email today (me!). am i the only one? kinda odd..
You're not the only one. 😕
.
Last edited:
I just got an acceptance email from UTSW too! I was in the top 1/3. I didn't hold any other spots elsewhere besides TCOM.😀
congrats on the acceptance.
this is really weird. i called them up and they said they'll notify everyone thursday/friday.
this is really weird. i called them up and they said they'll notify everyone thursday/friday.
I'm top 1/3. I haven't gotten anything.
"i called them up and they said they'll notify everyone thursday/friday."
thats good to hear.
holding at UTH and going down this weekend to look at properties to buy. An email informing of UTSW acceptance would be a nice way to stop the trip
"i called them up and they said they'll notify everyone thursday/friday."
thats good to hear.
holding at UTH and going down this weekend to look at properties to buy. An email informing of UTSW acceptance would be a nice way to stop the trip
I just got an acceptance email from UTSW too! I was in the top 1/3. I didn't hold any other spots elsewhere besides TCOM.😀
Congrats!!! I guess I will be meeting you in August!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
holy shizzzaahh!Congrats to you guys!
I should have NEVER checked this thread, now I am soooooooooooooo nervous/anxious/etc. etc. etc. etc.
zOMG!!
I have to wake up way early for work also... impossible when I will be compusively checking email every 10 minutes from now till whenever!
I should have NEVER checked this thread, now I am soooooooooooooo nervous/anxious/etc. etc. etc. etc.
zOMG!!
I have to wake up way early for work also... impossible when I will be compusively checking email every 10 minutes from now till whenever!
thanks for calling. with two people in the top 1/3 getting in, hopefully they'll notify the people higher up on the waitlist soon. but seriously, what is going on?? this really is weird, are they working their way backwards or something?
congrats timetoshine!
They never said that they were going to pick people in any particular order from what I understand... so maybe they are choosing whom they want to choose..? The partitions may give priority but I don't think it's a straight (as soon as a spot opens just go down the list sort of a deal) BUT this is just wild speculation on my part
just wanted to let you guys know that my boyfriend got off the utsw waitlist today too. he was in the top 1/3. good luck to everyone still waiting!
he'll be giving up his uthscsa spot so that should be good news for someone.
he'll be giving up his uthscsa spot so that should be good news for someone.
.
Last edited:
those of you getting off the UTSW waitlist - when did you interview? I'm wondering if the school knows they're accepting most of the top 1/3rd but wanted to extend acceptances first to those who interviewed late and were screwed-over the most by this process.
I'm totally at loss for what to say because I really don't understand why those of us that are in the top 10% or 25% haven't been notified yet....if its true that they were wanting to give a chance to people who interviewed late then they would have done that in march when they were making the waitlists and put those individuals in the top 10 or 25% itself!
I know nothing about UTSW, but is it possible that they divided up the notifying job, and whoever got the bottom of the list is just working more quickly?
That sounds like a reasonable guess.I know nothing about UTSW, but is it possible that they divided up the notifying job, and whoever got the bottom of the list is just working more quickly?
those of you getting off the UTSW waitlist - when did you interview? I'm wondering if the school knows they're accepting most of the top 1/3rd but wanted to extend acceptances first to those who interviewed late and were screwed-over the most by this process.
I interviewed in late November.
I know nothing about UTSW, but is it possible that they divided up the notifying job, and whoever got the bottom of the list is just working more quickly?
maybe...see..but if they were calling people i would believe that more..but since they are sending acceptance emails ...i wouldn't think it would not be too hard to send the rest of who were accepted emails as well...
i don't know i don't know!!! 😕 😕
this cycle has had so much guesswork and confusion that now even in the last stretch all this confusion is getting really really tough to wade through
maybe...see..but if they were calling people i would believe that more..but since they are sending acceptance emails ...i wouldn't think it would not be too hard to send the rest of who were accepted emails as well...
i don't know i don't know!!! 😕 😕
this cycle has had so much guesswork and confusion that now even in the last stretch all this confusion is getting really really tough to wade through
Are they personalized emails, or are they just generic emails? If they're personalized, it's still possible that there was some division of labor going on. Whatever it is, though, I don't think it's possible that they would accept people in the top 1/3 without accepting people with higher priority. Otherwise, they would have essentially lied to you when they told you which group you were in, and I'm sure they didn't do that. I know it's nerve-wracking, though, and hope you guys hear something really soon.
Are they personalized emails, or are they just generic emails? If they're personalized, it's still possible that there was some division of labor going on. Whatever it is, though, I don't think it's possible that they would accept people in the top 1/3 without accepting people with higher priority. Otherwise, they would have essentially lied to you when they told you which group you were in, and I'm sure they didn't do that. I know it's nerve-wracking, though, and hope you guys hear something really soon.
Other than "Dear Whatintheworld?" there is not anything else personalized.
OMG!!!! Lots of UTSW waitlist movement..... Any yet for TCOM?

OMG!!!! Lots of UTSW waitlist movement..... Any yet for TCOM?![]()
I know how you feel Hope4theBest! Everyday I wait to hear from TCOM too.. It's been such a rollercoaster ride and my last shot is this school! I emailed Mike Kennedy but he never emailed me back...
Are you supposed to fill out Financial Aid if you are waitlisted??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG!!!! Lots of UTSW waitlist movement..... Any yet for TCOM?![]()
I know how you feel Hope4theBest! Everyday I wait to hear from TCOM too.. It's been such a rollercoaster ride and my last shot is this school! I emailed Mike Kennedy but he never emailed me back...
Are you supposed to fill out Financial Aid if you are waitlisted??
I'm in the same boat as you two. Here's hoping we all get bumped in with all the movement.
Are you supposed to fill out Financial Aid if you are waitlisted??
Yes. You should probably start on it now if you haven't done it already.
My hunch is that the waitlist movement will filter down from UTSW. As we've seen here, lots of the UTSW waitlist acceptees are going to withdraw from other Texas schools.
maybe...see..but if they were calling people i would believe that more..but since they are sending acceptance emails ...i wouldn't think it would not be too hard to send the rest of who were accepted emails as well...
i don't know i don't know!!! 😕 😕
this cycle has had so much guesswork and confusion that now even in the last stretch all this confusion is getting really really tough to wade through
It seems to me that UTSW was very clear and straightfoward about the waitlist being ranked. I'm sure ya'll in the top 25 and 10% will get in. If not, then they outright lied--and it seems that UTSW is one of the only schools that has been honest this cycle...
yes, I'm a bit jaded 😉
.
Last edited:
Holy crap, I haven't checked this thread in a couple of weeks! Things just got exciting 🙂 I'm still praying on UTMB...since I doubt UTSW will make it down to the bottom 1/3 of their WL (although sounds like strange things have been happening with that situation...) What I would give to be let in this cycle, I feel like it's about time for a turn-around in my terrible luck as of late, personal life and otherwise. 🙁
EDIT: for anyone that got accepted to UTMB off the WL, did you send update letters of any kind? just curious.
EDIT: for anyone that got accepted to UTMB off the WL, did you send update letters of any kind? just curious.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 40
- Views
- 14K