Nova Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I GOT IN!!! I got the call on the 15th. My advice for anyone unable to get in this year FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR ADMISSION COUNSELOR!!! After the 2019-2020 cycle ended I called to see why I didn't get in and was informed by them that I was THE. NEXT. PERSON. ON. THE. WAITLIST! they were able to make sure that admissions knew who I was and got me an interview with Dr. Lippman. I had the grades, test scores, and all other requirements to get in, and 4 years from now I'm going to be a doctor!
Hi, congratz on the acceptance to Nova. May I ask about your stats? Did you go in person or virtual for interview? Thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the waitlist letter in the mail. Did not say anything about high hold or low hold. Anyone get a letter that actually told you?
Did the letter just indicate you were on the waitlist? Nothing else special? Also, I've heard from other people that the high hold/low hold system is mainly rumors, I don't know of anyone who has gotten that on their waitlist letter
 
Did the letter just indicate you were on the waitlist? Nothing else special? Also, I've heard from other people that the high hold/low hold system is mainly rumors, I don't know of anyone who has gotten that on their waitlist letter
It just simply said I was on the waitlist. Nothing special. Very generic.
 
For anyone who interviewed after December 15th, has your status changed from 'invited for interview'?
Yes mine says waitlisted
Did the letter just indicate you were on the waitlist? Nothing else special? Also, I've heard from other people that the high hold/low hold system is mainly rumors, I don't know of anyone who has gotten that on their waitlist letter
It is a rumor! I confirmed it with the staff
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 12.52.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 12.52.13 PM.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 357
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is the COA for Nova since a lot of people have asked for it! I emailed the financial aid office and this was given to me. Also, the high and low waitlist is not true. I contacted Calvin Mendes and he told me that was false and I posted a screen shot of our email conversation earlier in the thread. Good luck to all!
 

Attachments

No wonder they hide those numbers. Wow. Almost to the point of Midwestern CoA except without all the fancy equipment and stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Christmas Eve I don’t wanna read too much in status update to waitlist and no letter in USPS ... as looks like some did.
 
Hello everyone, I hope you all are having a lovely Christmas! I will be giving up my seat here, I truly loved this program and it was a very difficult decision. Keep your hopes up if you are waitlisted, you all deserve it! My advice, as someone also previously stated, is to connect with the faculty. You only need ONE person on your side! Good luck future dentists!!!
 
Still haven't gotten any letter or email from them about being waitlisted, I assume you're a higher place on the waitlist if they actually sent you something
 
Still haven't gotten any letter or email from them about being waitlisted, I assume you're a higher place on the waitlist if they actually sent you something
Probably so. Neither have I and was thinking the same.
I don't think so, I got a letter 2 days ago with just saying I got waitlisted. Dont try to make situation more stressful for yourselfs! Enjoy the holiday and you gonna get your acceptance letter on jan 16!
 
Still haven't gotten any letter or email from them about being waitlisted, I assume you're a higher place on the waitlist if they actually sent you something
I really doubt it. The letter is very very very generic that anyone can get. It could have been lost in the mail or delayed. Maybe the people who didn't receive the letter has the higher priority. Who knows 🙂 All we can do is (as the legend says): Trust the process...
 
Is there a forum where accepted students can connect with each other and start sharing information about living situations, school fees, etc.?
How about being able to ask current students some questions? I would like to keep this page free of that for people still in limbo.
 
Is there a forum where accepted students can connect with each other and start sharing information about living situations, school fees, etc.?
How about being able to ask current students some questions? I would like to keep this page free of that for people still in limbo.
Yes, it’s called Facebook
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad