Nova interviewees - were u rejected yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody get a aadsas status change recently?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a message back from Dr. Lippman, who seems as though he is a really nice gentleman, and he finally gave me an update on my status. In his own words he said I was "accepted/waitlisted." I don't know exactly what this means but I do know that it is better then rejected so I will take it. I will be crossing my fingers and praying as much as possible!!:xf::xf::xf::xf::luck::luck::luck::luck:
That's awesome...congrats! I am in the same spot. I e-mailed him on Monday morning and still have not heard back anything.

maybe you sent an email to a worng address. dr. lippman is very very good at responding back to your emails. he always responds back to me the next business days. just try again. (or maybe hes on vacation, but someone on this forum said he emailed them back on friday)

Members don't see this ad :)
what is his email because I emailed him two weeks ago and he never got back to me

You should check the Nova website and look up the e-mails there. That is what I did.

Dr. Lippman said you all are driving him crazy... :) Maybe thats why he went on vacation, either way i haven't had a chance to talk to him about the whole waitlist/accepted but no spots thing. Either way keep showing your interest, and thing might happen for you.

how do we show interest if I cant get a hold of anyone. I left a message and I sent an email to dr lippman 2 weeks ago. Neither we responded to so I dont know what to ... I dont know whether to be persistent or give up so that I am not annoying them.

how do we show interest if I cant get a hold of anyone. I left a message and I sent an email to dr lippman 2 weeks ago. Neither we responded to so I dont know what to ... I dont know whether to be persistent or give up so that I am not annoying them.
Submit any more volunteering, research projects, etc. since you have been accept always adds to your file and digs it out of a pile.

Anyone hear anything new from Nova on when activity will be picking up?!?! I am trying not to get to excited, but I really want to get that phone call that I hear so much about. At this point are we really unlikely to hear anything or what????

Anyone hear anything new from Nova on when activity will be picking up?!?! I am trying not to get to excited, but I really want to get that phone call that I hear so much about. At this point are we really unlikely to hear anything or what????

At this point I think it depends on how many people, that were extended offers, decide to go elsewhere. Also kinda depends on how many of the MBS students are passing their classes, and if anyone from my class is going to be held back. But again i know people from my class that got in really late, one in May, and another 2 weeks before classes started. I am just saying don't give up hope, and if it doesn't happen this year reapply. Thats the ultimate way to show interest. When i interviewed they noticed that I had applied to 20 schools, and they said wow you are serious. I told them yep, I am going to be a dentist on way or another.

I just got a phone call from Dr. Lippman offering me a seat!!!!! :)
Yay for nova!

To those of you still waiting...he told me he is going down a list at this point once a seat becomes available!!

Yay for nova!

To those of you still waiting...he told me he is going down a list at this point once a seat becomes available!!

When did you Interview there? and did he call you this morning before 7 am?

Yay for nova!

Congrats!! I got a call from him yesterday! did he say when we should be expecting an aadsas change or an acceptance packet?

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you! And congrats to you too!! He told me that they will be sending out a packet at the end of the week..I don't know about the AADSAS update because throughout the whole process, mine was blank the entire time..it still is.

I interviewed on Feb 4th and he called me around 9am this morning.

thank you! And congrats to you too!! He told me that they will be sending out a packet at the end of the week..I don't know about the AADSAS update because throughout the whole process, mine was blank the entire time..it still is.

congradulations. I guess this means they had their committee meeting recently, When I was there i was told they had their meeting the day before I interviewd, so I must wait a few weeks until they have another one

i just checked and it says offer made!!! good luck everyone!

add me to the accepted list! woo hoo! see you guys/gals soon!

Still nothing happening for me:(. Congrats to those of you who have gotten their acceptance! I guess the rest of us just have to wait.

for those you have been accepted, do you know when we'll receive more info such as the sessional dates for next year?

For those who were accepted recently and thosq who are waiting, when did you guys and gals have your interviews?

I just got a message back from Dr. Lippman, who seems as though he is a really nice gentleman, and he finally gave me an update on my status. In his own words he said I was "accepted/waitlisted." I don't know exactly what this means but I do know that it is better then rejected so I will take it. I will be crossing my fingers and praying as much as possible!!:xf::xf::xf::xf::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Did they update your AADSAS status to waitlisted? Or this accepted/waitlisted status is a different list?

Does anyone have an idea of how many people they accepted recently? This way we can figure out how many seats may be available next round when their deposits are due...

Does anyone have an idea of how many people they accepted recently? This way we can figure out how many seats may be available next round when their deposits are due...

i don't know how many people were recently accepted, but i think the waitlist is quite large. when dr. lippman called me to ask me if i was interested in nova, he was joking around and said that if i didn't want the spot, he had about 150 other people to give it to!

also, i interviewed december 3rd and they said they would get back to me, at the latest, by jan 15th, but i didn't hear until this past tuesday, so try to be patient and good luck to you all!!:luck:

i don't know how many people were recently accepted, but i think the waitlist is quite large. when dr. lippman called me to ask me if i was interested in nova, he was joking around and said that if i didn't want the spot, he had about 150 other people to give it to!

also, i interviewed december 3rd and they said they would get back to me, at the latest, by jan 15th, but i didn't hear until this past tuesday, so try to be patient and good luck to you all!!:luck:

Yes I am aware that the waitlist must be long... but I was wondering how many seats that might be available after deposits are due... based on how many acceptances were sent out... but thanks anyway. Will wait and be patient for now.

Yes I am aware that the waitlist must be long... but I was wondering how many seats that might be available after deposits are due... based on how many acceptances were sent out... but thanks anyway. Will wait and be patient for now.

Well really the only one that knows that info is Dr Lippman or maybe Margie, but other then that it is pure speculation.

Did they update your AADSAS status to waitlisted? Or this accepted/waitlisted status is a different list?

Nope. I don't know, and doubt, that this is different then the regular waitlist. I personally sent an e-mail to Dr. Lippman. For me I think that I am so far down the list that it is time to give up hope on this long shot coming through for me, but best of luck to you. Oh, and I interviewed on Dec 12th (I noticed you asked that question earlier).

Nope. I don't know, and doubt, that this is different then the regular waitlist. I personally sent an e-mail to Dr. Lippman. For me I think that I am so far down the list that it is time to give up hope on this long shot coming through for me, but best of luck to you. Oh, and I interviewed on Dec 12th (I noticed you asked that question earlier).

Thank you. Since you mentioned "accepted/waitlisted" I was thinking maybe there were two. How do you know you are so far down the list... you never know... The next set of acceptances should be at the end of March. At this point we have no choice but to wait. Just be patient and good things may come along.

i interviewed there on Friday 2/27/09

we were told we were the last to be interviewed, that the class is almost full but that there were maybe 5-10 spots open....they said the waiting list was really long....either 60 or 150, i can't remember which number was which...or that may have been 2 different numbers from two different people. the dean, dr. lippman, said that historically they have ~20% of the class drop when the second deposits are due on April 15th, so we can expect a lot of movement after April 15th...i think they said that if we don't hear of an acceptance/rejection fairly quick (in a few weeks) then we are probably waitlisted and our next big chance is after april 15...

we were told we were the last to be interviewed, that the class is almost full but that there were maybe 5-10 spots open....they said the waiting list was really long....either 60 or 150, i can't remember which number was which...or that may have been 2 different numbers from two different people. the dean, dr. lippman, said that historically they have ~20% of the class drop when the second deposits are due on April 15th, so we can expect a lot of movement after April 15th...i think they said that if we don't hear of an acceptance/rejection fairly quick (in a few weeks) then we are probably waitlisted and our next big chance is after april 15...

The second deposit you are talking about is in addition to the $1000 fee per person?

i don't know any further details about the deposits / fees...just that something they called a "second deposit" was due on April 15

The second deposit you are talking about is in addition to the $1000 fee per person?

first deposit is $1000, called the "acceptance fee". next deposit is $1000, due 4/15. both are deducted from first semester's tuition.

Thanks for the reply... you said that you were the last group to interview? On predents someone has an interview on March 16th I believe... I hope they are still not interviewing.

first deposit is $1000, called the "acceptance fee". next deposit is $1000, due 4/15. both are deducted from first semester's tuition.

I received my acceptance letter today but I have a question regarding the deposit. Nowhere on the letter does it say if I need to pay by check, money order, or cashier's check-it just says when the money is due by...

Any help?

D-Jay:

I paid mine by check, so I know that is acceptable. Word on the street is you can also pay by credit card if you contact admissions.

Regards,

GoBlueJays

I received my acceptance letter today but I have a question regarding the deposit. Nowhere on the letter does it say if I need to pay by check, money order, or cashier's check-it just says when the money is due by...

Any help?

Can you tell us when your deposit is due?

Can you tell us when your deposit is due?

March 11. It's dated exactly two weeks from the letter (Feb 25th, which also happens to be the day I spoke with Dr. Lippman on the phone). I am assuming from that, there's not a set day when the next 'round' of acceptances will come..but rather, just going down a list and contacting people once a seat becomes available...but I might be wrong.

I am really tempted to call Dr. Lippman....would I be bothering him?

I am really tempted to call Dr. Lippman....would I be bothering him?

I've been thinking the same thing. I also thought about e-mailing him. I really just want to know what my position is on the list. This way I can actually know what to expect.

I've been thinking the same thing. I also thought about e-mailing him. I really just want to know what my position is on the list. This way I can actually know what to expect.
exactly same here!! I already emailed him never got a response though! I have been calling NOVA everyday from past 1 week, but no luck. Already left 2 voicemails as well....the only thing left is to call Dr. Lippman.

I'm not sure...It doesn't hurt at all to show interest, but there is a fine line of that and bothering them..I'm sure they get many phone calls/emails a day from people like us who are really anxious to find out what's going on..
I had called Ms. Zarrett and left a message-it was never returned.

All I can say is try and be patient if you have already contacted them-it does not hurt to leave a message to Dr. Lippman if you have not done so already but other than that, there's not much else that can be done at this point.

Thanks for the reply... you said that you were the last group to interview? On predents someone has an interview on March 16th I believe... I hope they are still not interviewing.

they told us a few times that we were the last people being interviewed....:xf::luck::xf::luck:

can anyone tell me how many spots are actually left?

i am pretty cynical about this, but i can't deny i would like to have some hope there...

can anyone tell me how many spots are actually left?

i am pretty cynical about this, but i can't deny i would like to have some hope there...

Cheer up! You very well might be the next person to get a call. This means that only ONE person would need to reject their acceptance before you get yours. Lets TRY and keep hope alive. Not to mention I hear that many students take other offers, instead of Nova, due to high cost. Lets just hope that our names are next on the list. If we are very high on the list then we may hear something in the next few months. Don't lose hope yet;).

Also, I don't know how many spots are open and most of the information that I have heard in regards to this is nothing more then rumors and educated guesses. My guess is that at this point they probably have sent out a full set of offers and are technically full. Yet, Nova is still waiting to see who rejects the last set of offers and who declines the second depost that is due.

Has anyone received email from Nova regarding setting up WebSTAR and NSU E-Mail account ? I intervied back in Feb5th and after a long time not hearing anything from them, I receive this email.. weird...
PS: there is no change in my status..

Dr Lippman is out of the office from 3/4-3/14, so i guess email rather then call

Anyone have new information from Nova?? I think I might try to recontact Dr. Lippman when he gets back.

Well, so much for Nova. My aadsas status just got updated to denied. such a nice school too. :(