Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I am an undergraduate at USF and have researched at Morsani and have really gotten to know and fall in love with the college and the people there in my time at USF. I know I will regret my decision if I do not at least try one more time to get in

I'm a graduate of NSU currently at an ACGME residency program. It's a good program and I had no problems matching my first choice. I really enjoyed my time at NSU. With that said, Don't let people on here scare you into accepting an offer you don't want. You do you and go wherever you think you will be happiest! Just remember its all a means to that final goal of becoming a doctor. Best of luck to you and whatever you decide to do!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Nova was only one of two schools that offered me an interview, the other interview was for ACOM (I will be rejecting this interview since I have been accepted to Nova). Nova was not my top choice and I am fairly young so I am considering retaking the MCAT and applying again next cycle and hopefully getting in somewhere that is of more interest to me. Nova is an amazing school and I am so very grateful for getting accepted and I know people would love to be in my position, but I do not want to look back later in life and feel like I compromised on where I want to go for medical school.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am an undergraduate at USF and have researched at Morsani and have really gotten to know and fall in love with the college and the people there in my time at USF. I know I will regret my decision if I do not at least try one more time to get in

From my understanding, it's really hard to get into medical school at your undergraduate institution. I don't think USF saves any spots for undergrads outside the 7-year programmers, and if they do, it will be very limited. If you haven't already, can you talk to someone at the medical school about how they handle USF undergrad applicants? Say, if they only take a certain number of students from the USF pool, if completing a graduate cert/degree would increase your chances, etc? If you already have an acceptance elsewhere, you need to know what chances you're hanging your hat on before you let it go.

I did undergrad and MSP3 at USF. I didn't apply there for MD only because I wanted to go DO specifically, or I'd have tried to stay, too. Plus I work at FHT and volunteered at Shriners, my whole little pre-med life is between Fowler and Fletcher.

On the other hand, you need to be where you'll have the most support and the best experience for you. If that's not Nova, then it's not Nova. If it's not ACOM, it's not ACOM.
 
Hello Everyone,
For those accepted and plan on attending here, How long did it take to receive the email with the matriculation information (after paying your deposit) I generally can sit tight and be patient but I just wanted to begin making plans for moving (moving with kids and spouse)
I know during interview they said first day of classes will be July 31st..anyone know orientation/white coat ceremony dates?
I'm also not sure what's the next step with financial aid after completing my FAFSA. Any info will be most appreciated.
Thanks, can't wait to meet you all.
 
Hi All,

I am a graduating medical student at NOVA renting my place starting in July for a year lease.

$1700 2/2 Private, fully furnished top floor corner condo unit in Arrowhead Condominiums. Wrap-around balcony overlooking davie golf course tree tops and waterway. A very quite place to relax/study/unwind.

Within walking distance to Nova Southeastern University. Convenient to shopping, highways, hard rock casino and airport.

PM me if interested and I can send you pictures.
 
Last edited:
I see people who interviewed 2/14 have received acceptances. Anyone here anything back for the 2/16 interview day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*Financial question to any current students*

So I know classes start July 31, when does the first payment for tuition officially have to be in? After the initial 2000 deposit I mean
 
*Financial question to any current students*

So I know classes start July 31, when does the first payment for tuition officially have to be in? After the initial 2000 deposit I mean
In my psychotic, anal-retentiveness I managed to find out they disperse student loans a week before school starts, which rocks because most schools don't disperse refunds until two weeks AFTER school starts.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad