NoWW That's What I Call the 2000s - 8th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well if Mel thinks someone else should be mayor, I have no problem changing my vote!

unvote @Melchizedek
vote @justafluff

reasoning: justafluff seems very friendly, is very active, understands the truly chaotic nature of rabbits, and is a noob!
dana are you sure you dont want to run for mayor?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y’all! I am current sitting at a college football playoff game (Go Cincy!), so I am so sorry I can’t be very active today. Skimming through the thread, I can see a lot of support for Worthless Oxygen so I’m just going to have to vote that way until I can get to my computer and put more thought into this.

########
Vote WorthlessOxygen
########

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y’all! I am current sitting at a college football playoff game (Go Cincy!), so I am so sorry I can’t be very active today. Skimming through the thread, I can see a lot of support for Worthless Oxygen so I’m just going to have to vote that way until I can get to my computer and put more thought into this.

########
Vote WorthlessOxygen
########
You rooting for cincy makes me want to change my vote 😅 #anyonebutBAMA I just want BAMA to lose

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
On another note: What do y’all think wolves would be doing these first couple of days? What would villagers be trying to do?

These aren’t rhetorical btw, I’d like to hear people’s thoughts.

dana are you sure you dont want to run for mayor?
mkg i thought about this long and hard and i actually decided i was going to try and be elected, UNTIL i read through the game intro, barely got any of the references, and realized that maybe someone who was legit born in the year 2000 wouldn't be the best leader for this game :rofl:

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Day 1: Stunner Number One Superstar Mayor Vote Tally

Philosloth (2) - Zeppoli, TME
mkg (1) - justafluff
Vet01 ()
WorthlessO2 (6) - booksnshoes, Philosloth, potentialsheltervet, IvyMoose, BiranM54, weagle_weagle
justafluff (6) - Halocat, puppydr, violetvett, Dana_May_B, Bread, mkg
FeedMeSeymour (1) - motheatenlysis
kdswg (2) - AceHydro, WorthlessO2
AceHydro (1) - kdswg
Mel (2) - bluestoat, lumya
puppydoctor (1) - Vet01
22/25

Mayor vote deadline closes at 10pmET/9pmCT/7pmFantasyland/PT (~3.5 hours)
Winning: It's a tie! @WorthlessOxygen @justafluff
Missing: @Melchizedek @Miyamiya @FeedMeSeymour
2e3cbeea17dd69a80d8dee990a429022.gif

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I feel honored to have a single vote even though I have no idea what being mayor entails 😅

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Of course I feel the wolves want mayor, but they also have no idea what mayors can do, so honestly I feel like it’s a toss up.

Members don't see this ad :)
just thinking out loud here but my train of thought for the first day or so is to focus on meeting everyone and observing a lot since I'm a true noob and this is my first game ever haha. everyone has been really kind and friendly today so its not like any evil wolves are sticking out to me or anything, but i would think a wolf would be likely trying to lay low during the mayor vote, because we might suspect something if a bandwagoning of votes occurs. although i am kind of torn because wouldn't the wolves also want to control the mayor election and get the special power? i don't think they could lay low but also have control. but right now, I'm not seeing any major sway towards one mayor candidate, clearly because we have a tie.

Hello nooblets! It is generally advisable when playing WW to turn off your online status! Using that to determine affiliation is frowned upon anyway, but having it turned off keeps that thought from even entering people's minds.

To turn it off, go to your privacy settings by clicking on your avatar in the top bar and then clicking Privacy. Online status should be the first option. Just uncheck the box and hit save!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Cincy fan since birth, Auburn alum, sad day for me 😭 #f%ckb@ma
.....well we can agree on hating bama but you ain't gonna find me rooting for auburn :rofl: not to entirely derail this thread into college football hahaha

• Angry
I second @Dana_May_B . This is my first game ever, so not sure if wolves even know each other. But my guess is it depends on the wolf, they may be laying low or actively voting for a wolf mayor. But if they don't know who is a wolf and who isn't, they shouldn't be able to mess with the election.

I second @Dana_May_B . This is my first game ever, so not sure if wolves even know each other. But my guess is it depends on the wolf, they may be laying low or actively voting for a wolf mayor. But if they don't know who is a wolf and who isn't, they shouldn't be able to mess with the election.
Most often wolves will know each other and they are given their own PM to discuss strategy. Sometimes there will be a lone wolf that has their own killing ability, and won’t know about other wolves

mkg i thought about this long and hard and i actually decided i was going to try and be elected, UNTIL i read through the game intro, barely got any of the references, and realized that maybe someone who was legit born in the year 2000 wouldn't be the best leader for this game :rofl:
well good because I retract my support because I don't want to see an SEC-SEC championship game AGAIN

• Haha
  • Okay...

mkg (1) - justafluff
Vet01 ()
WorthlessO2 (6) - booksnshoes, Philosloth, potentialsheltervet, IvyMoose, BiranM54, weagle_weagle
justafluff (6) - Halocat, puppydr, violetvett, Dana_May_B, Bread, mkg
kdswg (2) - AceHydro, WorthlessO2
AceHydro (1) - kdswg
Mel (2) - bluestoat, lumya
puppydoctor (1) - Vet01

22/25

Winning: It's a tie! @WorthlessOxygen @justafluff
Mayor vote deadline closes at 10pmET/9pmCT/7pmFantasyland/PT (~1.25 hours)

Sounds like something a wolf would ask. Scope out the turf, start to form a psychological picture of the unknown noobs. As a predator who is also prey (to foxes, which are sneaky wolves) answering this seems like a great way to help the wolves blend in.

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
######
Unvote Melchizedek

Vote justafluff
#######

Edit: to break the tie

• Sad
Sounds like something a wolf would ask. Scope out the turf, start to form a psychological picture of the unknown noobs. As a predator who is also prey (to foxes, which are sneaky wolves) answering this seems like a great way to help the wolves blend in.
What does the fox say?

• Love
Ya'll we have ~30 minutes. Where is everyone at? Are we really going to have a quite close?

Unvote @puppydogtor
Vote @kdswg

Explanation: When in doubt go with the other vet school applicant that doesn't give me weird vibes at the moment.

• Care
Now I feel bad for replying. But if Mel was wolfing wouldn’t they just take the mayor votes?

• Care
  • Hmm
Not sure how I am giving weird vibes but alright.
Pretty sure people are busy with families wrapping up 2021. Happy New Year, everyone! :)

Now I feel bad for replying. But if Mel was wolfing wouldn’t they just take the mayor votes?
Lol it's possible that Mel is also just trying to be a good mentor and warm us up, help us think things through. Wolves be watching tho.

same :confused: but i guess regardless of whether Mel was wolfing or not, my reply really did just explain my current thought process!

also- i think you could say the opposite too- that if Mel is some kind of wolf genius like @TelemarketingEnigma says, they would assume we would see them accepting a mayor position as sketchy. so i dont really know what to think haha

• Hmm

mkg (1) - justafluff
Vet01 ()
justafluff (7) - Halocat, puppydr, violetvett, Dana_May_B, Bread, mkg, bluestoat
kdswg (3) - AceHydro, WorthlessO2, Vet01
AceHydro (1) - kdswg
Mel (1) - lumya
puppydoctor ()

22/25

Winning: @justafluff
Mayor vote deadline closes at 10pmET/9pmCT/7pmFantasyland/PT (~3 minutes)

Not sure how I am giving weird vibes but alright.
Pretty sure people are busy with families wrapping up 2021. Happy New Year, everyone! :)
No, I didn't mean you're giving me weird vibes. I don't necessarily want to call out who I think is giving me the vibes just yet. Sorry for the confusion.

Did SDN have another update? I'm catching up on the thread and it looks different. Either that or I'm blind and need my glasses, which is also a possibility.

Did SDN have another update? I'm catching up on the thread and it looks different. Either that or I'm blind and need my glasses, which is also a possibility.
scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the "style chooser" button on the left side and you can change the format back! i think it was switched to default today for some reason

scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the "style chooser" button on the left side and you can change the format back! i think it was switched to default today for some reason
Thanks!

Day 1

'Twas the night before New Years when all through the thread
All the nooblets were stirring; no one was yet dead
The mayor votes were slung at the tally with flair
In hopes that a strong villager soon would ensnare
The mentors were nestled all snug in their chat
Prepared for ensuing gamesolve and combat.
But first the mods Sporty, Dubz, and KD
Must settle Day 1 and announce to all thee:

After a full day of puns, counting, and such stuff
The masses have chosen Mayor justafluff

It is now Night 1. Please submit your night actions (if applicable).
If you are not using your night action, please indicate as such.

You may change your night action up until night close is announced on thread, typically approximately 12 hours from now. Occasionally if mods receive all possible night actions early, we may close prior to bedtime :)
The roster went here until I broke it

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Such an honor! Thanks everyone! I’ll do my best to keep the village safe 😊

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Where is everyone at? Are we really going to have a quite close?
I guess those are honestly the stupidest questions I could have asked considering it is New Years Eve. Silly me. Happy New Year everyone!

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
well good because I retract my support because I don't want to see an SEC-SEC championship game AGAIN
Welp there’s gonna be an SEC-SEC game 🙄.

Sorry I haven’t been active today in the thread [My computer died and I spent a good chunk of my day backing it up/at the Apple store + football]. Going to attempt to play this on my phone! 🤞🏼

Anyone with an iPhone who also uses the SDN app know how I can navigate to earlier in the threads??

• Okay...
All hail our new fluffy mayor

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Y'all can have your football and I'll just be over here with rugby :whistle:

• Haha
  • Love