This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexington251

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently signed up for the Jan 28 exam, and I just finished my first NS FL: got a 508 (CP/125, CARS/129, BB/126, PS/128). That's a lot better than I expected, though clearly I still have some material to review. I'm about halfway through material review, but I'm not sure if I should postpone my MCAT or if I should just keep on working.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this the first practice test you've taken? Have you done all of the AAMC tests? AAMC is way more indicative of how you will do on the real thing than NS so I would take those before deciding to reschedule or not.

Is this the first practice test you've taken? Have you done all of the AAMC tests? AAMC is way more indicative of how you will do on the real thing than NS so I would take those before deciding to reschedule or not.
Yes this is my first practice test. Would you recommend I take a full length AAMC practice test ASAP or commit some time to finish reviewing first?

I would definitely review your NS test and then finish content review as well. But yeah AAMC has two practice tests and a section bank that you should try to get through and thoroughly review before you sit for the real thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes this is my first practice test. Would you recommend I take a full length AAMC practice test ASAP or commit some time to finish reviewing first?
Seems to me the more practice tests you can take under"real-time" conditions, the more accurately you can determine your actual improvement. I agree with redsox93 and would definitely be taking the AAMC tests.