-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NSU-COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am really sorry to ask this because I feel like the amount of searching I performed should have yielded an answer, but... where can I find my calculated GPA on AACOMAS? I recently was invited to fill out the NSU secondary but cannot find an entry for my GPA!
I am trying to submit my secondary and when I hit the Submit Payment button it just pulls up a blank page and I am never able to submit payment and thus submit my secondary. I have tried this several times. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? 😕
Any help is much appreciated!
Any help is much appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to submit my secondary and when I hit the Submit Payment button it just pulls up a blank page and I am never able to submit payment and thus submit my secondary. I have tried this several times. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? 😕
Any help is much appreciated!
i have not had experience with this, but someone said that they had problems and couldn't submit because they copied and pasted their essay. they said when they typed the essay into the box it worked.
I am really sorry to ask this because I feel like the amount of searching I performed should have yielded an answer, but... where can I find my calculated GPA on AACOMAS? I recently was invited to fill out the NSU secondary but cannot find an entry for my GPA!
if you open up your AACOMAS app, next to the schools on the main page will be a date with a "view" link. click it and open it. when it opens (its a .pdf) scroll down a little bit on the first page. on the left there is a "GPA and Hours By Year" table. At the bottom of the table you will see totals. BAM!
First post on SDN! woohoo lol
was wondering if anyone is interviewing with me on 8/25 and where ppl recommend staying??? Also, is anyone flying from the west coast, I'm flying in a day early since the time change takes up a whole day. Maybe I'll see some of you guys on the plane 😀
was wondering if anyone is interviewing with me on 8/25 and where ppl recommend staying??? Also, is anyone flying from the west coast, I'm flying in a day early since the time change takes up a whole day. Maybe I'll see some of you guys on the plane 😀
Just submitted secondary (got it today, added the school late). Let's go NSU!
Edit: I don't have a LOR from a non-science professor and it's been three years since I was in undergrad. I have MD letter, and 2 science prof. Wat do?
I submitted two science ones and they accepted. It says 1 science and 1 liberal arts, which includes science.
I figured it out in case anyone else has this prob. There is a broken page icon that appears in the browser address and if you click this icon then it fixes the broken page.i have not had experience with this, but someone said that they had problems and couldn't submit because they copied and pasted their essay. they said when they typed the essay into the box it worked.
Just submitted secondary (got it today, added the school late). Let's go NSU!
Edit: I don't have a LOR from a non-science professor and it's been three years since I was in undergrad. I have MD letter, and 2 science prof. Wat do?
2 Days Later.. Interview Invite! I still have to call to schedule 😀
Are we supposed to send a transcript to NSU-COM if we applied via AACOMAS? I am looking at the status page and everything is there except for a line for transcript. Maybe my Pre-med neuroticism is kicking in😳
I haven't submitted my transcript and I just got an invite. I think maybe they want the real deal before you matriculate if accepted? No idea.. guess I'll ask when I call to schedule my interview.
Just rescheduled from 8/25 to 10/11.
Are we supposed to send a transcript to NSU-COM if we applied via AACOMAS? I am looking at the status page and everything is there except for a line for transcript. Maybe my Pre-med neuroticism is kicking in😳
I got an interview invite without submitting a transcript. I think I remember reading that you don't have to submit a transcript until you are accepted.
what website do you guys use to book hotels??
Priceline? hotwire??
Priceline? hotwire??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview invite without submitting a transcript. I think I remember reading that you don't have to submit a transcript until you are accepted.
Oh I didn't know that. I have a question, NSU-COM is my first choice and I want to maximize my chances of getting in.
My science gpa is not stellar right now (3.15). After I retake 3 courses this fall, it should go up to 3.36. If your other stats are good, MCAT (29), ECs, LORs, etc. then
Would you apply EARLY with a 3.15 science GPA
or
Apply in December with a 3.36 science GPA?
early. couple people in this thread with <3.0 sGPA (very slightly) have interviews.
I was thinking the same thing, but I'll be there 8/24 - 26 if anyone wants to get drinks after the interviewAnybody interviewing 9/1 and want to get dinner/drinks/hang out after? I'm not flying back until at least the next day (considering staying the weekend since it is labor day and all)
Hey everyone. Just wondering when it would be considered "late" to apply to NSU? Haven't submitted AACOMAS or shadowed a DO yet.
IS, 3.8/29.
IS, 3.8/29.
I am still really concerned that I have not received a secondary from NSU yet and my primary was released on August 4.
How long did it take everyone to receive their secondary application after their primary was verified and released? Seems like many people got the secondary right away.
How long did it take everyone to receive their secondary application after their primary was verified and released? Seems like many people got the secondary right away.
Can someone post the secondary questions? I received an interview, but somehow deleted my secondary file for this school...and i want to study it before the interview. Thanks
There are no secondary essays for NSU.....
There are no secondary essays for NSU.....
Thanks man. 30 secondaries will make you forget that.
Thanks man. 30 secondaries will make you forget that.
Np. I only remember because I love the ones that have no essay questions 😀
I was curious about this as well. I've read on some of these forums up to 70%, but that seems really high! Anyone have any idea?Hi guys! I got an interview invite on friday and I scheduled it for 9/27. I was wondering if this is conisidered late or am I fine. Also does anyone know what percent of interviewees get acceptances? 50 percent or less?
Good luck this year. 1st year here is hands down the worst year of the curriculum. 2nd year is very integrative and hands on and 3rd year so far has been amazing, but I lucked out on the hospital I chose. I'm one month into clinicals, but as far as pathology is concerned I've seen (I'm listing the winners here) a type A aortic dissection that dissected up the brachiocephalic (and the guy lived!), a lymphoma patient with a platelet count of 10 and a completely necrosed tongue, a spectrum of ekg pathology, a common femoral aneurysm, a penile implant, metastatic breast cancer, metastatic prostate cancer, and a crazy alcoholic man who busted open a window with his head (I was there). As far as my involvement I'm treated as part of the team. My notes are charted, the attendings ask about patients and trust what I've told them. In the same hospital, one of my classmates a week into clinicals was given the scalpel on an OB case and asked to make the first incision. "How deep do I know how to go?" he asked. "I gave you a job to do, do it with confidence," the attending told him.
In conclusion, **** 1st year and even though its more interesting, **** 2nd year. Just do your best to push through 1st year, enjoy your summer vacation, and afterwards your training begins.
What site are you rotating through?
We have our first integrated midterm on Monday. FML!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was curious about this as well. I've read on some of these forums up to 70%, but that seems really high! Anyone have any idea?
That seems about right. Nova has a trend where they don't really accept people after December. Things may be different this year, but they have a tendency to accept most of the class in the fall. A couple of kids will get in the spring. Check out last years thread.
I am still really concerned that I have not received a secondary from NSU yet and my primary was released on August 4.
How long did it take everyone to receive their secondary application after their primary was verified and released? Seems like many people got the secondary right away.
Update: I forgot to add that I am not waiting for MCAT scores.
I am still really concerned that I have not received a secondary from NSU yet and my primary was released on August 4.
How long did it take everyone to receive their secondary application after their primary was verified and released? Seems like many people got the secondary right away.
My primary was released 7/28 and I got the secondary 7/29
i am from chicago too, but i havent received an interview invite yet and its freaking me out. i was complete very early like 6/27, and they r still reviewing my application. did u get an e-mail invite and what were ur stats, if u dont mind sharing?
Sure,
27Q, 3.74 GPA 3.5 science GPA,
8 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS.
I am sure you'll get interviewed as well.
My interview is on 9/22, flying out of Midway Airport, Chicago, IL
🙂
Last edited:
Got the interview invite this morning! I submitted my secondary on Aug. 10th. I was able to pick up on the Aug 23rd interview date because someone had to cancel. Anyone else interviewing on the 23rd?
Edit: I'm a NJ resident. ~3.5 GPA and 31R MCAT
Edit: I'm a NJ resident. ~3.5 GPA and 31R MCAT
If you scroll up a bit it's roughly two-thirds. That's what I read on these forums, and scummie was able to verify. Hopefully he or she is right!Anyone have the stats for % of interviewees accepted?
Looking forward to this school for sure 🙂
Hey guys,
My AACOMAS is going to be sent to schools today (it was verified yesterday), so I expect to get secondaries in my inbox tomorrow! I'm frantically scrambling to pre-write as many as I can... for the NSU ones, is it okay to simply copy/paste health care activities from the primary? How would I format it? Could this work?
"Volunteered at **** hospital (May 2007 - June 2009) - interacted with patients, delivered food and beverages to patients"
"Shadowed Dr. ***** (blah blah) - blah blah blah, observed patients in clinic, blah blah"
I assume they don't wish us to give details on how it impacted us correct?
Sorry if I'm reading too much into this simple question, I'm kinda excited/frantic about checking my inbox in a few hours lol. Thanks!
My AACOMAS is going to be sent to schools today (it was verified yesterday), so I expect to get secondaries in my inbox tomorrow! I'm frantically scrambling to pre-write as many as I can... for the NSU ones, is it okay to simply copy/paste health care activities from the primary? How would I format it? Could this work?
"Volunteered at **** hospital (May 2007 - June 2009) - interacted with patients, delivered food and beverages to patients"
"Shadowed Dr. ***** (blah blah) - blah blah blah, observed patients in clinic, blah blah"
I assume they don't wish us to give details on how it impacted us correct?
Sorry if I'm reading too much into this simple question, I'm kinda excited/frantic about checking my inbox in a few hours lol. Thanks!
Got the interview invite this morning! I submitted my secondary on Aug. 10th. I was able to pick up on the Aug 23rd interview date because someone had to cancel. Anyone else interviewing on the 23rd?
Edit: I'm a NJ resident. ~3.5 GPA and 31R MCAT
Yeah, Ill seeya there. I'm from Michigan so I'm curious to know how wearing a suit is going to work in the heat down there haha
Yeah, Ill seeya there. I'm from Michigan so I'm curious to know how wearing a suit is going to work in the heat down there haha
Awesome. Yea...I'm lucky I'm not an excessive sweater. Do you know what time the day starts in the morning? I scheduled the interview yesterday so I haven't gotten the email with the details yet.
I'm getting really excited to go down there. Researching the school and google-ing pictures of the near-by beaches makes this my number 1 school now 😀
hi all 🙂
got interview invite from this school for oct 4th.. that was the earliest she had.. is that late for an interview? when does nsucom start interviewing anyways?
anyway, m reallyy excited for this interview! 🙂
got interview invite from this school for oct 4th.. that was the earliest she had.. is that late for an interview? when does nsucom start interviewing anyways?
anyway, m reallyy excited for this interview! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NSU has sent me 2 emails saying they don't have my letters when virtual eval has them submitted since july 28th...any advice?
Resend them.
I dont understand this stat. What does "458 were accepted" mean?From US News,
For the fall 2009, 2,651 applied, 508 were interviewed and 458 were accepted. 235 ultimately matriculated.
I dont understand this stat. What does "458 were accepted" mean?
All schools accept more students than they actually have seats for because invariably a certain number of those accepted will choose to attend a different school. So for instance if NSU accepts a student who chooses not to enroll, they will give his spot to someone else (likely from the wait list). So in that scenario two students were accepted but only one matriculated.
Right, that's what I was thinking too. So 508 were asked to interview. 458 were accepted. So wouldnt that mean a 90% acceptance rate? 458/508..All schools accept more students than they actually have seats for because invariably a certain number of those accepted will choose to attend a different school. So for instance if NSU accepts a student who chooses not to enroll, they will give his spot to someone else (likely from the wait list). So in that scenario two students were accepted but only one matriculated.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 82K
- Replies
- 183
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K