NYMC vs. AMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmilyB923

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would love some advice here....

I currently need to decide between New York Medical College and Albany Medical College. Any thoughts/advice?

I like that AMC is a part of a large medical center, although the old facilities and less than stellar interview day concern me. NYMC seems to do a better job of selling themselves to potential students (I think that is a plus?) but I do not like the dorm system of living and am concerned about high cost of living in an area that quite frankly is not much better than Albany (except proximity to city).

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I would love some advice here....

I currently need to decide between New York Medical College and Albany Medical College. Any thoughts/advice?

I like that AMC is a part of a large medical center, although the old facilities and less than stellar interview day concern me. NYMC seems to do a better job of selling themselves to potential students (I think that is a plus?) but I do not like the dorm system of living and am concerned about high cost of living in an area that quite frankly is not much better than Albany (except proximity to city).

Thank you!
both schools similarly ranked, similar match lists, similar COA? I would go with your gut feeling.

Reactions: 1 users