NYU 2012 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they will send acceptance nxt week. But It is hard to wait .......

Ya they will send it next week. We are all in the same boat. Even if it comes late but still it should bring good news

Members don't see this ad.

Ya they will send it next week. We are all in the same boat. Even if it comes late but still it should bring good news

nyu already started sending acceptance letters , also the waiting list . i spoke to them ,
they started sending out the letters 2 days back

nyu already started sending acceptance letters , also the waiting list . i spoke to them ,
they started sending out the letters 2 days back

Really!!!! But I spoke with them two days ago and they told me that they will send next week. Did anyone get any letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the interview process is done with? Are there going to be any more interviews?

Really!!!! But I spoke with them two days ago and they told me that they will send next week. Did anyone get any letters?

Spoke with them as well. They did indeed. Two days ago they told me letters will be sent next week but this time they said they have already started sending. Really worried now

Yup...News is correct. Letters went out yesterday ! Please let me know if anyone gets something in the mail on saturday or monday.

Yup...News is correct. Letters went out yesterday ! Please let me know if anyone gets something in the mail on saturday or monday.

Will they send out letters together, for the interviews which is held in jan or will the earlier batch get the letters earlier..

Does anyone know if the interview process is done with? Are there going to be any more interviews?

interview is still going on. it will continue till march end and some might still get call early april.

interview is still going on. it will continue till march end and some might still get call early april.

i'm super tensed. when did you guys apply? i got application complete in November. i have a decent score as well as a decent clinical experience. hav'nt heard from them yet. really worried and dejected.

i'm super tensed. when did you guys apply? i got application complete in November. i have a decent score as well as a decent clinical experience. hav'nt heard from them yet. really worried and dejected.

relax, there are a lot of people turning the interview down.. so dont worry, you will get your chance.. keep hope

Will they send out letters together, for the interviews which is held in jan or will the earlier batch get the letters earlier..

As per the info they provided, I was told that they sent letters to all the batches who have been interviewed including both acceptance and waiting list. So let's c how it goes.

So we will recieve the letter probably on mon or tues!

As per the info they provided, I was told that they sent letters to all the batches who have been interviewed including both acceptance and waiting list. So let's c how it goes.

thanks drpak will they have only acceptance and waitlist. will the candidates get rejection also once they are interviewed

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks drpak will they have only acceptance and waitlist. will the candidates get rejection also once they are interviewed

I am not sure about that but I believe they don't send rejection. Everyone is wait listed.

as far as I know they don't reject anybody outright, so either you are accepted or on the waiting list

relax, there are a lot of people turning the interview down.. so dont worry, you will get your chance.. keep hope
ya! I know at least a few of them who already did that (turned down the interviews); and also I know a couple of people who were interviewed in the first batches but got into two yr programs, so they are not coming to NYU (I am talking about people with both part 1 &2, decent scores & GPA, who have a good chance of getting into NYU)
Bottom line- you still have a chance, keep your hopes alive:thumbup:

ya! I know at least a few of them who already did that (turned down the interviews); and also I know a couple of people who were interviewed in the first batches but got into two yr programs, so they are not coming to NYU (I am talking about people with both part 1 &2, decent scores & GPA, who have a good chance of getting into NYU)
Bottom line- you still have a chance, keep your hopes alive:thumbup:

Thanks for giving us some hope even though chances are very low. Does time of application matter? or they first collect all the applications and then choose best applicants irrespective of time? please answer. bcoz i have decent scores but i did my application in mid december.

I am not sure about that but I believe they don't send rejection. Everyone is wait listed.

thanks everyone we will wait and hope for the best.good luck to everyone who is waiting for the acceptance letter and for the interview. I know it has been a long road for so many of us.

I got my application complete in august. dont worry you will get interview calls. Keep your hopes and never give up.

I know most schools have a rolling cycle but NYU calls randomly and our definition of a decent score might be different. I don't want to discourage anybody here by giving my range of a decent score but if you think you have a decent score in NBDE, Toefl, and a good GPA, there is always hope, at least for now, but later in March and all, the things will be different. I know people in NYU who were interviewed in March, got waitlisted and later got accepted in NYU; most people will agree with me on this.

I went for the interview to NYU. Its a personal interview and they said they will send out the letters in two weeks after the interviews. I have been following this thread since I got the interview call. As soon as they send out the acceptance letters they ask for a deposit of $5000 which is non refundable. You have to apply for the loans immediately too so if you are relying on other colleges you have to take a chance.

Got the acceptance. Today was a great day. ;-)

congrats...............................................was it a regular mail ? and wat date is on letter?

Congratulations Dr Pak that is great news. I am still waiting for my interview on 21st Feb.

It was sent on 8 th feb. I'm out of USA so I got it via ups.

Thanks a lot . Which city did u got ur result? as i live in canada i dont know how will i get my result.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot . Which city did u got ur result? as i live in ottawa i dont know how will i get my result.

I am in Toronto. If ups delivers on Saturday then u should get it tomorrow. If not then Monday for sure. Caz they sent it via ups next day delivery.

dats gr8 Drpak...congratulations...i dint get yet..may be on mon...omg vry tensed....

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. It's either me being the 1 st guy to receive or that I guess not everyone is posting it. Best of luck to you all and see you all in the end of may. Enjoy

Hey congratulations DrPak ..... can u please tell when was your interview?

Hi.... did anyone who got interviewed on Feb 2nd got an acceptance letter yet????

Thanks for giving us some hope even though chances are very low. Does time of application matter? or they first collect all the applications and then choose best applicants irrespective of time? please answer. bcoz i have decent scores but i did my application in mid december.

i'm in the same boat as you are. i guess we applied a little late. i got my complete email in november. have kept my fingers crossed. hopefully we get the interviews ,....