NYU 2012 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@DentalBee- well i am not sure why people dont update...they wont lose anythng by letting others know....all d best to u...

Members don't see this ad.

can you please tell us when did you receive your application complete email? or when did you apply? I want to know their system. I am still waiting for the invitation and I need to estimate the time for when they will stop interviewing people.

Thanks and all the best for you all

Sorry i don't remember exact dates...I applied in end June...application complete may b July-mid.

Hey Guys,
I have an interview at NYU coming up monday, but i cant seem to find the email they sent me with the information regarding the time and place of the interview and the admissions office is closed for the weekend. if anyone has this information and could help me out i would really appreciate it.

are you sure its monday...it should be on Tuesday...and the interview starts at 8:00 AM so you should be there in the admissions office(10th floor) by 7 -7:30..you will be done with the interview, tour and all by 1:00PM

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I'm currently attending business school. I completed all my major courses and taking the required science courses. Is there any required placement exam that I need to take besides DAT and do I need to take TOEFL again?

Thank You in advance

I have interview with NYU on 7th feb...Pl share the interview questions asked....How many faculty members r there in the interview room....How is the environment...How stressful is it....Pl share...

I have interview with NYU on 7th feb...Pl share the interview questions asked....How many faculty members r there in the interview room....How is the environment...How stressful is it....Pl share...

the interview is very casual...basic questions regarding ur goals , exp n interests ..
only one intrvwer , mine ws a oral surgeon! not at all stressful!!

Did any one get interview call today?????

Can you please tell us when did you apply and when did u get the completion mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
did any one got mail from nyu.can any one tell when they will send the results of interview

[NYU is still sending interview letters. I had my interview on 31st jan. It was ok. Interview
is very casual ,nothing to worry, but mine was not that good, the interviewer ]kept on asking about my low GPA. so it doesn't look good for me .

does anyone know the process for a FTD without US permanent residency to get a license to practice in NY after graduating from this program?

[NYU is still sending interview letters. I had my interview on 31st jan. It was ok. Interview
is very casual ,nothing to worry, but mine was not that good, the interviewer ]kept on asking about my low GPA. so it doesn't look good for me .
Surry, How much is your GPA????

Hi surry, thanks for the information. It gives a great hope. Can you please tell me till what date have they sent? How many members do they interview per batch?

wat r ur stats?

Did anyone get interview call today.. does any one know if they are sending more invites or have they finished for this year..?

The time has come. They will start sending acceptances now. So wana get in the program but this wait is very unbearable. Sincerely hope to hear some good news. Any one know when exactly will they send the acceptance?????

I had an interview in NYU yesterday. The interview was schedule at 8 am. I was late may be 8.30 and after got there I had the morning breakfast and just sat down. By this time they called me for interview and I kinda surprised, wow that's pretty first! after finishing the I/v I realized I was the last person to be interviewed .Interview was just formal, as usual but for the first time I got question from actual dentistry in interview,which is : what will you do if 7 year old children came to with avulsed tooth.

The time has come. They will start sending acceptances now. So wana get in the program but this wait is very unbearable. Sincerely hope to hear some good news. Any one know when exactly will they send the acceptance?????

wen was ur interview? thanks

does anyone know the process for a FTD without US permanent residency to get a license to practice in NY after graduating from this program?

any dental graduate(perm resident or ftd) have to go through a 1 year residency to obtain a license to practice in NY state..

They are probably looking for communication skills in interview rather then anything else. Because they will teach u everything else when ur there from the start. So the key is communication.

Yes, NYU is real crazy about GPA

I had an interview in NYU yesterday. The interview was schedule at 8 am. I was late may be 8.30 and after got there I had the morning breakfast and just sat down. By this time they called me for interview and I kinda surprised, wow that's pretty first! after finishing the I/v I realized I was the last person to be interviewed .Interview was just formal, as usual but for the first time I got question from actual dentistry in interview,which is : what will you do if 7 year old children came to with avulsed tooth.
hmmmmm! this sounds interesting, never heard of this before in NYU, I mean the question they asked you.

Hi surry, thanks for the information. It gives a great hope. Can you please tell me till what date have they sent? How many members do they interview per batch?

They interview around 12 people per batch. they will send probably send invitation till end of march and very few in april. Don't worry you will get a call. I don't know till what date have they send the interview, all i heard is feb is almost booked for interview . not sure though.

Do they really ask clinical dentistry questions in the interview....

normally they only ask what you did nothing related to clinical dentistry , again there can be exceptions. It is a very casual talk . take it easy

One more question may I know when did you apply? Sorry for the trouble.

@ surry, please let us know if you get accepeted.. i have a low gpa too, 2.58!!! didn't get a call yet.

Any one knows when will they start sending acceptance letters? Anxiously awaiting. Any idea anyone?

Any one knows when will they start sending acceptance letters? Anxiously awaiting. Any idea anyone?

I also had interview on 17 jan but no response yet. I think we have too wait till mid feb to hear anything!

I also had interview on 17 jan but no response yet. I think we have too wait till mid feb to hear anything!

Really??? But I thought they said early feb. And students there tell us that they send within ten days. I don't know y they are taking so much time this time???

normally they only ask what you did nothing related to clinical dentistry , again there can be exceptions. It is a very casual talk . take it easy

Surry do u know which date will they start sending letters of acceptances?

they normally be sending acceptances after 2 wks, thats wht they did last yr, I don't about this yr though; if I were intrvwd on 19th I'll b expecting it next wk or so.
Good luck & have faith

they normally be sending acceptances after 2 wks, thats wht they did last yr, I don't about this yr though; if I were intrvwd on 19th I'll b expecting it next wk or so.
Good luck & have faith
wat r ur stats?

Good luck & have faith

Thanks a lot. That is y I'm very anxious. Caz they haven't started sending anyone acceptance yet. Even if it's late I just hope it is good news.

they told they are going to mail letters on 1st.But dntknow why they are late

@ surry, please let us know if you get accepeted.. i have a low gpa too, 2.58!!! didn't get a call yet.

sure i will let you know. it is not easy with low GPA. NYU is very particular about GPA. Again there can be exceptions. I hope you get a call and dont loose hope.

We were told that it will take two weeks. If you are selected you will get fed ex ,if not regular mail which says you are wait listed.

One more question may I know when did you apply? Sorry for the trouble.

I applied in august. Dont worry . I hope we all get selected. Dont give up ,focus is the key. I have heard that last year someone with 75 percent got selected. it is a confirmed news. So everyone who has the persistance will make it. Never give up.

We were told that it will take two weeks. If you are selected you will get fed ex ,if not regular mail which says you are wait listed.

Thanks a lot. I really hope To receive fed ex. Getting anxious by every passing moment. Thanks a lot.

they told they will send all letters through regular mail.no fed ex or ups.Did they tell u about fedex on interview day?