NYU interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sadeqq

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone......... just have a quick question.......

for those of you have have interviewed at NYU, what time do you finish? i am looking at flights and just want to make sure i have enough time to finish with all the interview stuff and make a flight.

thank you all in advance.

si

Members don't see this ad.

Hi:

I'm actually doing interview lunches with the prospective students. (just did one today) Usually, the interview, tour, and meeting with the financial aid person ends around 11:30-11:45. Then I usually have lunch with them around 11:45-ish until whenever. You are really free to leave after the financial aid talk (11:30-ish), but I think it would be beneficial to you to talk with first year students like myself or any other dental students that may sit at the lunch table...Good luck!

I have an interview at NYU on the 8th of Nov. and I was wondering what the format of the interview is...is it a group interview like at Temple? Are they pretty laid back with the questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
the format is 1-on-1 interview.....the stress of the interview really depends on who u get....

i think i'll be doing interview lunches on november 8th, so hopefully i'll meet u there! i'll be the first year student eating lunch w/ u guys....good luck!

I just receive an interview invitation at NYU. I am coming from CA.
I am very confused about how to travel to Newyork, since I don't know much about it.

I supposed to call the school to set up a date. Should I schedule in 2-3weeks, so that I can make time for airline tickets, and practice on interviewing...

Please give me some advices. Your help is greatly appreciate.

futuredds, check out this thread about a week ago

"ATTN: interviewing at NYU and Columbia - Hotel question "

I am from CA too flying to La guardia airport and staying at the marcel. Take a cab to hotel $30$ or take the Q33, Q47 bus to Rooosevelt $1.50 and then take the R train to 23rd street walk to marcel and walt to the school 10, 20 minutes. 30 bucks or 3.00 I choose tha latter. You have to experience New York to seriously consider going there.

UBTOM has a lot of info on that thread!!

Hope this helps!

hey S. Mutans... how much is the Marcel/night?

si

Originally posted by s.mutans
futuredds, check out this thread about a week ago

"ATTN: interviewing at NYU and Columbia - Hotel question "

I am from CA too flying to La guardia airport and staying at the marcel. Take a cab to hotel $30$ or take the Q33, Q47 bus to Rooosevelt $1.50 and then take the R train to 23rd street walk to marcel and walt to the school 10, 20 minutes. 30 bucks or 3.00 I choose tha latter. You have to experience New York to seriously consider going there.

UBTOM has a lot of info on that thread!!

Hope this helps!

They say that they have discounts for NYU interviewees!! NOt really! 140 per night! Expedia got it at 120 per night! Expedia.COM cheaper! I would stay at cheaper hotels but you really can't get anything cheaper than that price in downtown manhattan right? when i stayed at the holiday inn for a week for vacation last year, it was about the same amount per night with the holiday inn club discount!! Marcel seems closer.

It's a three star hotel room looks nice.

Anyone what to share hotel stay for NYU interview on Nov 6th?

For anyone going to NYU for interview.

I was able to book at hotel 31 for Nov 5th(go to www.google.com type in hotel 31) for $75.00 plus tax.

The guy told me the hotel is 6 blocks from NYU and is $4 cab ride from New York Penn Station.

Even though it is 6 blocks away from NYU and is not that nice, but compare with Marcel the price is dirt cheap.

Good Luck,

Alex

I found a hostel( not hotel) two, three blocks away from NYU for 60 dollars. You get your own room but shared bath. I think it calls American Dream. I try to save as much money as possible

alexii--

i saw that hotel 31 too, but i dont want to stay there becasue it is shared bath.......... yuck!

im going to new york for 3 days anyways, just to hang out and see things since i've never been there. so, i know it will be a bit more expensive, but at least i will be comfortable in my room, in my bathroom.

hope hotel 31 works out for you

sadeq

I saw that too! shared bath isn't that bad! It's like dorming right? Enjoy the NY experience!

For me I will be in and out of New York in less than 30 hours, so one night at a cheap place is the best option for me.

Have fun at New York for those of you that can stay for longer than 2 days.

Alex

Hi,

I was just in NY last week for NYU and Columbia interviews, and I stayed at Hotel 31 cuz it was the cheapest I found. It's actually an okay place. Not the best, but I guess you get what you pay for. The whole shared bathroom thing kinda freaked me out too, but at least they're clean. Anyway, it's pretty close to NYU. It took me about 15-20 minutes to get there (and I was taking my time). The hotel is pretty far from Columbia though. Alright, hope that helps somewhat.

How was your interview at NYU, Ev29?
Any advice for people who will attend the interview soon?
Thanks.

Hey bres,

Everyone who interviewed on the same day I did thought their interviews went well. I think there's a set of questions that the interviewers have to ask... simple questions about yourself. Some interviews lasted 5-10 minutes, but a couple of us were interviewed a little longer than that. It all depends on who the interviewer is. The interview is the first part of the day, so right when I checked into the office I was called in for the interview. However, I was really early so maybe that's why my interview lasted so long. Nonetheless, it's more like a conversation. Anyway, don't worry. They make you feel real comfortable and everyone was friendly. Well, that was my experience.

Oh yeah, and the day is pretty short... it ends around 12:30.

Thanks for your input, Ev29.
Good luck on the rest of interviews.
^^

FunkDR and Pi_guy, nov 8th, Ill be there too. I think there were SDN people at my Pitt interview but didn't meet any of them. Be sure and say Hi.
Liz